Colors

Perceptual Corresponding; Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

White:

 

Bang Yongguk is a typical happy-go-lucky 12 years old school boy. He’s doing great at school. His parents have nothing to worry about him. Yongguk’s father owns an auto shop because he always love something vroom-ing. Yongguk’s mother is a marketing consultant who is busier than Yongguk’s father, often travelling to places, leaving the two males home alone.

 

Yongguk understands.

 

Mom always calls at least once a day when she’s not home. And when Yongguk, mom, and dad have the weekend to themself, they sure know to have a good family time.

Lately, his parents gets busier. They have less morning kisses, less evening snuggle, less goodnight hugs.

 

Yongguk understands.

 

He knows his parents need time and space for their jobs.

Then, it’s slowly reaching near Yongguk’s 13th birthday. The Bang family always discuss how they want to spent their only son’s birthday day.

“I think outdoor airsoft will be fun.” his dad suggest.

“Woah, so manly… Can’t we do something more gentle? Like that new place ‘Farm Owner for a Day’? What do you think, Yongguk?”

Yongguk thinks hard, “Both seems fun…”

His dad ruffles his hair, “Sorry, dear boy, we can’t do both... Each place is like on the opposite side of the city.”

“Last year we’ve done soldier camp already, anyway.” His mom suggest.

“But I think a boy should do physical activity more.” His dad points out.

“Well that new place offers both physical and brain activity.” His mom grins to Yongguk.

They may try to hide it, but Yongguk is too smart. He notice that his mom and dad tense up a bit.

There’s something wrong. In fact, there seems like something is missing.

But, what’s missing?

 

“Can I have some time to think?”

Dad smiles it off. “Not to worry, Son.”

His mom follows too.

Of course.

 

Yongguk understands.



 

Red:

 

The night after a day on the field, his mom tucks him in bed, “Thanks, Mom, I have a good time today.”

“Me, too, tiger. Now go to sleep, so you can wake up early tomorrow. You promise to do something with me tomorrow, remember?”

“Yes!” Yongguk peck his mom’s cheek and quickly close his eyes, “Night, Mom.”

 

The next morning Yongguk went to the kitchen to be greeted by his dad.

“Hey, there, tough guy! What are you going to do today?”

Still sleepy, Yongguk just went to sit at the dining chair, rubbing his eyes hoping to get 100% awake soon.

“How about I teach you how to fix an antique motorcycle today? A friend dropped it yesterday.”

Yongguk fully charged in a flash. He always want to tinkers with something vintage. Dad never lets him before because the parts is more pricy than new cars. Given the rare chance, Yongguk vigorously nods as a ‘yes’ to his father’s offer.

His father chuckles, “Change your pajama now.”

In less than 5 minutes, Yongguk and his dad already opening the front cap of a 1957 Rolls Royce. Starting from the introduction, Yongguk now covered in oil, helping his dad doing a maintenance on this old thing. They got lost in time until their stomach said something else.

How Yongguk wish his mom already cooked a delicious lunch...

“OH NO!” Yongguk runs to front door, doesn’t give his father a chance to ask what’s wrong.

When Yongguk change his shoes on front door, he notice that his mom’s shoes are there. That means mom is in the house. Yongguk takes off his shoes that he just wear and run upstairs. When he barge in, his sight automatically focus on his mom, preparing a meal on the dining table.

“Mom, I’m sor-”
“You didn’t ate your breakfast....”

“I’m sor-”

“Hurry clean yourself up and eat.”

Yongguk clutches his mom’s dress, “Mom, I’m sorry I forgot our promise…”

Yongguk’s mom just stay silent, looking at the now stained dress of her.

Yongguk gasp letting go of his grip, “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to!”

His mom just let out a sigh and pats her son’s head, “It’s fine, Yongguk. Now take a bath, okay?”

Not long after Mr. Bang jogs in, “Yongguk! What’s wrong?”

“I was supposed to meet Mom this morning at the park, but I forgot…”

His father drop his shoulder, “... Oh…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter