Raindrops 1/2: Goodbye for what seems Forever

Raindrops

You stared at your palm in horror. Thunder clapped throughout your apartment as you struggled to gain your breath. “No, no, no. Please. Please just not right now…”, You pleaded, even though you know it was futile. The plus on the pregnancy stick said otherwise. You were going to be an mother in nine months. In ing nine months. And you weren’t even sure how the father would feel about having a child. Certainly not right now where everything was in chaos, with Luhan and Kris leaving EXO. You bit your lip, deeply troubled and conflicted. The relationship you had with the eldest with EXO wasn’t by any means horrible. You guys had a healthy relationship. Although, lately it’s been slightly rocky with the present drama and rumors going on…

You didn’t want to put on more stress on her boyfriend than there already was. You were so tense that you jumped when your phone started to ring. The name KIM MINSEOK♡ flashed on the screen.

“Here goes nothing…”, you murmured, taking a big breath„ “…..Hello? Minseok Oppa? I have something to tell you….”

‘*’

“H-hey Xiumin!”, You greeted, your voice hoarse. You flinched when the door slammed closed.

“Are you staying for dinner?”, you asked, biting your lip, a nervous habit you can’t seem to break. Hopefully he would since he never could stay over for long as his company always called him back for practice. If he could stay, there might be actually a chance to talk this out and not go to any drastic measures…

He said nothing as he took off his shoes. “I-I’ll get the food warmed up, ‘kay Seokie?”, you stammered, scuttling into the the kitchen. Tears pricked your eyes, his sudden cold personality scared you, his usual warm, bubbly self is now unresponsive and too quiet for your taste.

You jumped when a sudden THUMP reached your ears. Leaning you head out of the doorway, peeking into the kitchen, you saw the cause of the loud noise was made by your boyfriend punching the table.

“Oppa!”, you gasped, rushing towards him, “Is your hand okay? It’s not bruised right?”, you grabbed his hand to inspect it. When he pulled away, you froze, eyes watering as he turned his back to you.  “O-oppa…what’s wrong? Why are you so-”, you stammered, but was quickly cut off by an frustrated Minseok.

“Whats wrong? Whats ing wrong?! I’ll tell you what’s wrong, you’re goddamn pregnant! That’s what’s so ing wrong.”, he cussed out, shocking you. He usually never cusses. Ever. But here he is, spitting out cusses left and right in front of you. Pinching the bridge of his nose, he declared, “Get rid of it soon, Y/N.”

“B-But…it’s our child, Minseok. We can’t just-!”, streams of tears were now fall freely from your cheeks as you desperately tried to dissuade him.

“We have to Y/N…my reputation is at stake. Just get rid of it”, he butted in once more and with a cold stare before he turned away. Grabbing his keys, he said coldly, “You’re going to have to get rid of it soon.”

IT

It. It. It. That word swirled in your mind. He didn’t see the child living inside your body as a human being, but to an- an thing. An object.

His reputation as an idol came first then of a human being, even if it was his first child! Your knees collapsed under you, making you fall into a heap of sobs as the realization crashed into you like a train.

‘**’

As you lay on your bed that night, all sorts of scenarios flew by your head. After all possible things that could happen to you, your child, and your boyfriend, you decided that one plan may be for the best. Moving to California. You knew a friend living there, and had some past experiences learning English as well, so the language barrier would be no problem. Plus he wouldn’t even think of searching you there….

So you scoured through your shared apartment for your belongings, packing away clothes, toiletries, anything that belonged to you. When you were done, the apartment looked slightly empty, with your things stored away in suitcases pack in your car.

With your last carrier, you left the couple ring you both shared on the dining table.

“Good bye Minseok. I truly hope you have a wonderful life…”, you whispered to the empty living room as you walked out the door and Minseok forever.

But is it really forever?

~*4 Years later*~

“Mama! Look! Look what I made in school today!”, Baram, your daughter, squealed once she saw you outside her school, showing you a bright drawing. It was an unusually warm afternoon in October, and it was just when school had just ended for the day, the time where you would be picking Baram from kindergarten. Then after that you would drop her at her babysitters house, and go back to your work until it was time pick her up again.

This is what would usually happen everyday, like it has been for the past three years. The first year was full of ups and downs, taking care of a newborn in an entirely new country with no stable job. Taking three or four jobs at a time to take care of your child until an opportunity came along. In your second year, you landed a job as a lawyer in a small local law firm. Business has been booming, as well as your life. Everything is settling down, so you are content with life.  

At least, as much as you can be. You’ve tried dating here and there, but they’ve always ended fairly quickly, for your heart yearned for one man with almond brown eyes and strong arms. You’ve wondered quite a lot of times on how he was doing. Pushing those thoughts away, you turned your attention to your daughter that was running up to you merrily.

“This is beautiful my little peach!”, you said happily, as you gazed at the drawing. Though it sadden you when you saw yourself, Baram, and one other man in the drawing.

“Thats you, me and Daddy!”, she giggled cutely, her soft brown eyes crinkling into the eye smile just like her fathers, causing you to smile sadly.

“It’s beautiful honey”, you complimented before picking her up before picking her up.

Yes, you were content with life right now, but at times like these did you really miss the father. Where it would be perfect to have someone with you, walking side by side.

`***`

LAX AIRPORT

“Whoa, it seems so different every time we come here!”, Tao said excitedly, tugging his luggage behind him.

“You say that every time we come to California hyung.”, Sehun deadpanned as he put on his designer sunglasses.

“Well…that’s because it’s true!”, Tao defended childishly, causing Sehun to retort back just as childish. Xiumin chuckled at their bantering as he in the breath of fresh air after being in the stuffy airplane for so long.

Taking a glance at his saved phone wallpaper he sighed tiredly. It was a picture of you sleeping, a serene smile on your face.Strands of your hair framed you face as the light hit you in a way that illuminated your body. His heart clenched just at the sight of it. The thought of you sent him into bliss and pain. Though no matter how much it hurt, he could never change the wallpaper. The eldest fiddled with the two rings on his necklace, a sad aura surrounding him.

Noticing his sudden gloomy behavior, Lay put a comforting hand on his shoulder. “You alright hyung?”

Nodding, Xiumin replied, “I’m fine, Lay. I’m feeling much better now since I’m sure Y/N would be around here”, he’s been traveling around Korea searching for you. Through all the nooks and crannies to see if it hid his love. It put him into deep sadness when he couldn’t find you anywhere for almost four years. He could barely sleep at night because he didn’t feel your presence, nor smell your scent when you laid beside him at night like all those years ago.

“Boys! Lets go, the van’s waiting for us!”, the manager exclaimed, handphone on his ear as he arranged appointments to come.

“Coming hyung!”,  EXO replied back before hurrying into the van.

`****`

At the hotel

Knock! Knock!

“ Who could possibly knocking at our door?”, Suho asked, head raised from the bed.

“Fans?”, Ximun said, tensing slightly. He had a fair share at fans at the airport today, and no matter how much he loved his fans, he is hesitant with some, like sasaeng fans, when they showed up out of nowhere. Especially with knocks like now.

Getting up from the bed, Suho walked cautiously to the door as the knocks became more persistent. Look through the peephole, he laughed happily before opening the door. The two figures that came in were the ex members of EXO, Luhan and Kris.

“Surprise!”, Luhan exclaimed, grinning widely as Kris did as well. Kris was holding three bags of korean style chicken in his hands while Luhan one bag of chicken and 2 liters of coke in the other.

“We brought you some chicken too guys, so eat up.”, Kris said with his deep voice, grinning happily as EXO are reunited once again.

“Hey Hyung who- Gege!!”, Tao said excitedly running up to Kris. Luhan laughed at the sight of Kris being plowed down by the over happy adult child.

The door that was adjacent to the room next door that was also housing the the other half of EXO opened as other members came into the room..

“Hyungs! You guys are here! How? Whoa, chicken!”, questions were bubbling up from the members as they chowed down on the chicken.

“Okay, Okay”, Suho laughed, “One question at a time guys!” he said, quieting down the rowdy group of boys.

“Thanks Suho”, Luhan smiled, “Hyu-I mean your manager is not here right?”. he asked checking to make sure that the man wouldn’t be back here soon.

“Nope, he had to go somewhere. Apparently, ‘EXO business for the concert’ and such.”, Chanyeol said, taking a big bite out of the chicken.

“This chicken’s really good! Where did you guys get it?”, Baekhyun asked, Kai nodded with his mouth full of korean sauce covered chicken.

“There’s a really good korean chicken place about twenty minutes from here, and right next to it there’s a mall too.”, Kris said.

“We should go shopping! I mean it’s been a while since we walked around California, lets go!”, Tao said, too excited to eat.

“I agree with Tao, but before we get ahead of ourselves, I wanna know. Why are you guys here?”, Kyungsoo asked, wiping his mouth of any excess sauce.

“Lets wait a while before going to the mall…have you guys been eating much?”, Luhan asked appalled at the fast rate the boys were eating.

“Yeah, but the airport food tasted really awful, plus they had small portions too…”, Chanyeol said with a mouth full of chicken.

Shaking his head, Kris answered Kyungsoo’s question, “Well, we heard you guys were having a concert here, so we booked tickets and asked the manage for your guys room numbers.”

“And the manager just told you?”, Sehun asked, shocked.

Kris smirked, “I also may have some connections with the owner of the hotel…”, causing the rest of the EXO members laugh.

Suddenly Luhan’s face lit up, “Oh! I almost forgot to mention.”, he turned to Minseok, who was also busy saying the yummy chicken, “A while back, when I saw touring through America, I saw this girl that looked a lot like Y/N”

Minseok’s eyes turned wide, sputtering he asked, “W-what?! Really? Where?!”

The deer smugly smiled as he showed up a short video of a girl that had a shorter version of your hair, and a laughing child in her arms. You smile was more tense than it was since the last time Minseok remembered, but your eyes still had that glimmer of uniqueness that made him fall for you in the beginning.

“yEAH….totally not stalker like Hyung…”, Chen laughed as he took another chicken wing.

Luhan the deer rolled his eyes before turning to the man that was concentrated on the video he held in his hands. “Looks a lot like her huh?”

“Where did you film this?”, Xiumin whispered, shocked as he gazed intently at the brightly lit screen.

With those words, Luhan smiled widely, “Here. In California.” Causing the steam bun man to snap his head up.

’*****’

"Thanks again, Julie.", you thanked your friend. Julie is your friend that you had first met up with in California 4 years ago. She knew of the reason why you suddenly made the decision to move to the U.S. and was by your side the whole time through through your pregnancy.  When she noticed you having trouble on taking care of Baram on busy days, she recommended that she would take care of Baram while you were at work.

“I’ll be back by 6 okay? Bye Peach,  Julie!”, you waved as you walked towards your car. Not knowing the upcoming wave of emotions you will go through in just couple of hours.

’******’

“Can we have ice cream Unnie?”, Baram asked, eyes wide and pleading.

“Should we, Baram-ah?,” Julie replied as she walked hand in hand with the four year old, “What flavor are you going to get?”

The girl scratched her head as she contemplated, “I’ll get….Peach!”, she proclaimed as she jumped up and down excitedly.

The older giggled at her hyper personality, “Peach again? It’s your favorite huh?”, Julie noted. Every time the duo went for ice cream, the younger would usually get peach flavor.

"Yup! Momma always call me her Little Peach!", Baram smiled with both her lips and eyes. An expression that’ll melt even the coldest hearts.

“Well Miss Little Peach, lets go get ice cream!!”, Julie laughed laughed as the small 4 year old dragged her as soon as the Baskin Robbins came into view.

‘*******’

“I’m craving for ice cream now since we ate sooo~ much of chicken~”, Chanyeol implied subtly while rubbing his full stomach. Once EXO finished their deserved late lunch, the group headed out to the mall where Kris had first mentioned about.

“It is sorta hot out here…”, Lay noted as baekhyun said at the same time, “I’m up for it!”

The rest of the group of twelve looked at the leader and ex leader of EXO, sighing Suho said, “I guess I’ll pay for it too if we’re going. Just for old times sake huh?”. The more childish members cheered in rejoice*coughchanyeol,chen,baekhyun,taocough* while the rest chuckled.

Entering the cool building, the famous kpop boy band was met by an array of flavors of the dairy delight. Inside, besides the workers, only two other people were inside the shop, a woman and her child.

“Alright guys, get your orders ready okay? And do it quickly, I don’t want to cause too big of a disturbance.”, Kris announced as the boys ran towards the glass.

“You think they heard?”, Minseok said, chuckling in amusement of the rowdy boys as he crossed his arms.

“Nope.”, Luhan answered, stretching the ‘p’. Hearing Luhan’s voice, the only other woman in the store turned to look at the rowdy group, widening her eyes when it landed at Minseok. Kris caught her action and tensed, “Guys…do you think she recognizes us?”

Taking note of the suddenly pale woman who was hurriedly typing into her phone, Minseok’s eyebrows furrowed, “Hopefully not.”. The oldest trio watched as the woman finished typing and slipped her phone into her jacket pocket. She scuttled past them, hand tight around what was supposedly her child, her face hidden behind her mane of hair, despite the young age.

The oldest of EXO froze in shock once the woman left. Luhan took notice of his friend’s behavior and asked, “Is something the matter?” But Minseok didn’t answer, too shock to to move.

For he saw a glimpse of the young girl. And it definitely wasn’t that woman’s child. In fact, the child looked just like a older version of the baby in the picture Luhan took.

*Baram means wind