Runaway Alien

Runaway Tae

 

It was quiet… too quiet.

Yoongi kicked off his shoes and hung his coat up on the rack by the door. He glanced around the silent living room of their dorm before heading further inside. The place was usually bustling with chaos when he got home.

Where did everyone go?

Confused, he shuffled towards the slightly open bedroom door. Jimin was sprawled out next to Jungkook; listening to music and singing softly to himself. Jungkook was going over the lyrics of their newest song with a concentrated look on his face and, in the corner, Hoseok sat on his phone, probably scrolling through their fan cafe.

“Where is everyone?” Yoongi blurted, only garnering Hoseok’s attention.

“Hello to you too, Hyung.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes at him. “I’m serious. Why is it so quiet?”

Jungkook finally looked up to give his elder some attention. “It’s nice, isn’t it? I can actually hear myself think.”

Yoongi smirked at that. The maknae did have a point there.

“Namjoon and Jin-hyung are at a meeting with the mangers. I don’t know what for,” Hoseok spoke up, finally answering Yoongi’s initial question.

Yoongi nodded, satisfied, and turned to go get something to eat. He was halfway out the bedroom door when a warning bell went off in his head.

“Where’s Taehyung?”

Hoseok opened his mouth to answer, but stopped abruptly. It seemed he was just now realizing the alien’s absence too. Yoongi looked to Jungkook imploringly but the maknae was just as guilty. Jimin finally realized that a conversation was going on around him and he pulled out one earphone.

“Oh! Hi Yoongi-hyung! Did you need something?”

Yoongi smacked his forehead and groaned in exasperation. “None of you noticed Taehyung was missing this entire time?!”

No one could meet his eyes.

“Oh. My. God.”

Yoongi couldn’t believe this was happening. A thousand different scenarios were running rampant in his head.

Taehyung getting arrested.

Taehyung getting hit by a car.

Taehyung chasing ducks into the lake and drowning.

A missing Kim Taehyung equaled nothing but trouble. That kid was even more of a hassle to take care of than their maknae, and now he was lost? Just great. Jin and Namjoon were going to kill them when they find out.

“Ok, everyone calm down,” Jimin started. He was sitting up now and had fully put his music away. “Maybe Taehyung went somewhere with one of our managers and just forgot to tell us.”

“Yeah! Maybe he got called to go do something and we’re getting worried over nothing,” Jungkook reasoned.

Hoseok threw his phone to the side and started tugging on his hair. “Or he’s been kidnapped!”

Yoongi frowned while massaging his temples. “Don’t be ridiculous.”

“Should we tell our manager?” Jimin asked.

“No. That will only cause everyone to panic. Let’s just find Taehyung quickly before anyone else notices.” Yoongi hurried for the front door, the others following close behind.

Hoseok ran into his back when the pale rapper stopped abruptly.

“Why’d you—“

“I didn’t see that note when I came in,” Yoongi interrupted, snatching the piece of paper off the door. Everyone crowded around him as he began to read:

Dear Hyungs (plus Jungkook),

I wrote this letter to tell you I am running away.

I will always love BTS but I’ve come to realize what a bother I am to everyone. Now that I’m gone the dorm should be more enjoyable, yeah?

Please tell our fans that I’m sorry and I love them.

Forever yours,

Kim Taehyung

“You’ve got to be kidding me…” Jungkook murmured, just as shocked as his Hyungs.

“Wait, there’s more,” Yoongi informed them, trying to make out the small handwriting at the bottom of the page.

P.S: I packed a sandwich so don’t worry about me.

The sound of four foreheads being smacked echoed throughout the dorm.

P.P.S: Kookie I took a couple of your underwear because mine were dirty. Thanks. <3

Jungkook immediately grabbed his shoes and coat.

“I’m finding him and I’m killing him.”

~*~
In the end, they decided to split up.

Jimin and Jungkook were going to check downtown because they were positive Taehyung was trying to be a melodramatic movie character and do street performances for money. Hoseok was going to check the subway station because he assumed Taehyung was going to take the next train to his hometown.

But Yoongi said he’s going to the zoo.

“You’re looking where?” Jimin asked, confusion written all over his face. “The zoo? Seriously Hyung, are you trying to put all of the work on us?”

The others nodded in agreement but Yoongi ignored them. “Trust me. I know what I’m doing.”

They all shrugged, unsure of the pale rapper’s methods, but then Hoseok was clapping his hands together and wearing a cheerful smile. “Ok everyone! Commence operation: Find Kim Taehyung!”

Jimin pumped his fists in the air before grabbing Jungkook and heading towards downtown.

“We’ll be back with Tae Tae before you know it!” he called, and then they were out of sight.

“See you later Hyung, I’ll call you when I find Taehyungie~,” Hoseok teased Yoongi, gliding out of sight as he headed towards the station.

Yoongi stood in the middle of the street outside of their dorm for a couple of minutes. He thought about all of the stuff he could have been doing at this very moment instead of looking for a lost alien boy.

Eating…

Sleeping…

More sleeping…

Irritated, he turned and started walking towards the nearest bus stop.

Yoongi really hated zoos.

~*~

He found Taehyung in front of the monkey exhibit, sitting on a suitcase.

“Your Papa wasn’t very nice to me when I came here before,” the younger boy told the curious monkey in front of him. “Or was it your Papa? I can’t really tell, you all look the same. Maybe you should wear different hairstyles? That’s how our fans tell us—“

“You ditched us for some smelly monkeys?”

Taehyung whirled around in surprise, the sandwich in his hand nearly falling. “Hyung! I—What are you doing here?!”

“Looking for you, idiot. How far were you going to get with one sandwich anyway? Look at you, you’re already eating it.”

Taehyung tried and failed to hide the half eaten sandwich.

“What were you thinking? Running away like that…”

Taehyung stared up at him with breadcrumbs coating his mouth. “I’m sorry Hyung, but it’s better, right? Without me there it’s probably nice and quiet.”

Yoongi frowned. “Too quiet.”

Taehyung smiled up at him with that grin Yoongi liked too much. “Perfect for you to take your naps.”

“Taehyung—“

“Hey! I’ve only been gone for an hour! How did you find me so quickly, Hyung?”

Yoongi stuffed his hands into his pockets and stared at the smelly monkeys. It was much easier than looking directly into Taehyung’s eyes. Those big brown pupils could you in if you weren’t careful. It was also kind of entertaining to watch the way the monkeys followed Taehyung’s sandwich with hungry eyes.

“Because I’m not stupid,” he answered finally. He didn’t think about what that made Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook. “You really like animals and the last time we came to the zoo you were the happiest I’ve ever seen you. So… it makes sense.”

Taehyung nodded. There was a hint of surprise in his eyes that Yoongi couldn’t see. He honestly didn’t expect his hyung to know him that well.

“Where were you going to sleep?” Yoongi asked, just out of curiosity.

Taehyung answered immediately. “On a cardboard box under a bridge.”

At least Jimin and Jungkook were right about one thing.

Movie logic equaled Taehyung logic.

~*~
After a lot of scolding from Jin and Namjoon (mostly Jin) and a lot of hugs and ‘never do that again’s being given to a surprised Taehyung, everyone started getting ready for bed.

Yoongi slipped out of the bedroom to get some water before bed and spotted Taehyung sitting at the table, scarfing down his dinner. Their manager had found out about the stunt he pulled earlier and sat down with Taehyung to have a long talk. He ended up missing dinner which is why Yoongi now found him in this predicament.

He smiled to himself.

What happened earlier made him think about a lot of things. He thought about BTS without Taehyung and the thought didn’t even go too far because he honestly couldn’t fathom it. It was weird imaging quiet dressing rooms, and red carpet events without a constant presence by his side.

A life without Kim Taehyung suddenly seemed very dull.

Yoongi walked up behind Taehyung and placed both hands on his shoulders, subconsciously massaging the area.

“Oh! Hello Hyung, you’re still up,” Taehyung greeted. Despite being lectured and given extra practice hours, the boy was smiling from ear to ear.

“Yeah, I was just getting water.” Yoongi didn’t know why he was still rubbing circles into Taehyung’s shoulders instead of getting the water. Actually, he did know, he just didn’t want to admit it.

“Taehyung-ah…” he mumbled, sitting down next to his dongsaeng.

“Yes Hyung?”

Yoongi kept a comforting hand on the boy’s shoulder. “You’re annoying sometimes…”

Taehyung frowned, but nodded.

“… and sometimes you don’t listen to me, which makes me upset…”

Taehyung his bottom lip into his mouth, suddenly losing his appetite.

“… but…” Yoongi smiled softly. “I can’t imagine living in this dorm and doing this idol thing without you. This industry… it really needs someone like you; someone so down to earth and easy to talk to. Please, don’t ever runaway again.”

Taehyung was staring at Yoongi in pure shock now. “So… you like having me around?”

Yoongi lovingly smacked the back of his head. “Of course! Why wouldn’t I?!”

Taehyung giggled and smiled, showing both rows of teeth. “Ok, ok. I believe you~”

Yoongi ruffled his hair.  “Good.”

“Hey Hyung.”

“Yeah?”

“Thank you~”

Yoongi held his breath as Taehyung leaned into him, wrapping both arms around his waist and laying his chin on Yoongi’s shoulder. The hug was warm and ramen scented. The pale rapper usually didn’t care for skin ship but in that moment he didn’t want Taehyung to move. He secretly kind of wished they could stay like that all night, but he needed to breathe eventually.

“Tae,” he whispered, his arms reaching forward to circle around the other’s waist. But then Taehyung was getting up before his arms could reach him, flashing that charming smile again.

“Goodnight Hyung!” the brunette chirped, before skipping off to bed and leaving Yoongi feeling attacked.

That little punk. He tries to act all innocent but he knows exactly what he’s doing to me.

Yoongi shook his head in mild amusement.

Aish! Kim Taehyung! You’re going to be the death of me! 


 

Thank you so much for reading! I wanted to make this longer but this will have to do for now it's been sitting in my documents for way too long, lol. Please comment and tell me what you think ;D