Board!

Board!

"What are you going to get me for my birthday, hyung?" Zelo appeared behind Yongguk, his reflection in the mirror a brightly grinning reverse image of himself. Yongguk glanced over his shoulder at what he had to constantly remind himself was the maknae of the group. With every centimeter Zelo grew it became harder and harder to keep at the forefront of his mind, which was terrible, because...


Well because...


Yongguk swirled mouthwash in his mouth aggressively, his brow furrowed. Zelo was going to be turning 18 in a few days. He had been going around excitedly reminding everyone about this, but Yongguk needed no such reminder. He had been counting down the days for months now. 

It wasn't like that! It wasn't like he was waiting for the clock to strike midnight so he could grab Zelo and do the terrible things his mind had been begging him to do for months now. It wasn't that Zelo had been tempting him so badly with his cute sounds and his carefree, adorable attitude and his FACE that made Yongguk's 24 year old heart beat way too quickly in his chest whenever he saw it. Sure, when Zelo opened his mouth he rapped with the efficacy of someone twice his age, dominated the stage with charisma on a level so high Yongguk couldn't stop smiling and flat out owned with his dance moves. And those were things that Yongguk admired endlessly. But he had self-control, he'd made it this far and he wasn't about to completely lose it just because Zelo was about to hit an acceptable age to be totally destroyed

Zelo was happily talking about skateboards and the very specific one he wanted for his birthday and reminding Yongguk not to forget, while Yongguk walked towards his room, deep in introspective thought. Zelo was 17, in a few days he would be 18. That didn't mean anything. It didn't mean he knew how Zelo felt about him, how he would react to....anything that Yongguk might think about him. He was a kid, a few more days wouldn't magically change that fact. Yongguk sat heavily at his desk, facing his bed, wishing these thoughts would stop weighing him down. 

"It's custom-made and the design is only offered until November! It's perfect timing, the God's love me, eh hyung?" Zelo sprawled out on Bang's bed, arms stretched above his head, and Yongguk couldn't help notice the sliver of skin showing as his shirt lifted above his waistband. Urgh. Everything Zelo did, lately more than ever, was like having steak dangled in front of a starving dog. And Zelo certainly made him hungry. "Uh, right." he said. It was so warm in here, why was it so warm all of a sudden? 

Zelo lifted his arm above his head, beginning to make a snaking motion. "I'm gunna look so cool riding on my board, all the girls are gunna love me!" 

"All the girls already love you, maknae." Yongguk smiled, his deep voice rumbling, slightly sleepy. 
"More, though!" Zelo sat up, grinning. "More love for Zelo." 
"Zelo doesn't need more love. Zelo is a spoiled little boy." Yongguk shook his head, still smiling affectionately. Zelo's constant antics always made him smile. 
"Zelo could always use more love from his daddy!" Zelo's eyes were shining now, and Yongguk hoped desperately he couldn't see the blush filling his cheeks. Everytime Zelo called him that it made his blood rush to his head, to both his heads. It messed up his senses in so many ways and it took everything to control himself. 

Zelo pouted when he didn't get an immediate response. "Hyung, you won't be my dad any more because I'll be all grown up!" he looked upset, his eyes searching Yongguk's for reassurance. He stood up and walked over to Bang, towering over him with his 6 foot frame. "You're...definitely all grown up, kid." Yongguk said, staring up at him, before sighing at the still-worried expression on Zelo's face. "You'll always be my baby ok? You...big...baby." 

Zelo scrunched his nose, leaned over so he was right face to face with Yongguk and looked into his eyes, before letting his tongue flick out and touch Yongguk's nose. "I don't mi-" before he could finish his sentence, or even his thought process, Yongguk's lips were against his, soft but desperate, firm and so hungry. Zelo didn't stiffen, he paused, or time paused, he wasn't sure, but eventually he felt himself responding just as hungrily. He heard himself groan, and felt Yongguk's fingers slip into his curls. It was an awkward position with him bending forward so much and Yongguk was aware of that. He stood, not breaking contact, he couldn't break contact, he didn't want to know what Zelo would have to say once he did. He just kept kissing him as he had wanted to do for so long. 

Every time Zelo had danced, every time he smiled, every little antic and nose-scrunch and touch and hair toss, he released the pent-up repression into that kiss, as if it were the last interaction they would ever have. When he pulled back they were standing against the wall and Zelo was staring into his eyes with a bewildered, excited expression. 

Yongguk felt his blood run cold. What had he just done? What had just happened? He'd literally had no control over the moment, and now it had happened and he was both so happy and so scared. 

Zelo didn't say anything for a long time, there was just silence stretching and neither of them broke eye contact. But Zelo's eyes were dancing so Yongguk didn't feel so scared. 

"That was so much better than a board." Zelo finally breathed. Yongguk laughed in that way that only Zelo could make him laugh, even though he was still filled with worry about what he had just done, he laughed, and in that moment, holding Zelo and looking into his bright, excited eyes, he had never felt more content.