Chapter 10- Prom

Bodyguard Boyfriend- chapter 36 updated!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

     Chae Won peered out the black tinted windows of the limousine. The grand hotel looked even more lively than ever. There was a huge red carpet for the students to walk with sidelines, where the juniors stood and cheered as they were paid as paparazzi, as the seniors walk. It was supposed to let the students felt like celebrities just for one night. There was also a booth for interviewing , with the most talkative junior as the interviewer like an ordinary red carpet event.

     She was determined to walk, pose and talk like what she practiced before. Chae Won had prepared all her life to when she takes over Tae San. She knew that she’ll be attending a lot of red carpet events so she prepared herself with every way possible and she wanted that night to be the live practice of all her hard work. She lived her life just like her father wanted. Perfect. He told her that thing ever since she was small. The heiress of Tae San has to be perfect even in their way of act, walk and handling pressure. She has to be perfect.

     A young teenager, probably one or two years younger than her, dressed neatly as a butler, opened the car door and gave a deep bow. Sitting at that side, Joong Ki smiled and stepped out, gave a celebrity waved to the hysterical crowd, causing a smirk on Chae Won’s lips. ‘Those juniors really know how to act, don’t they?” she muttered as she took his hand and stepped out in the most graceful way she ever could.

     As soon as she was out, he pulled her waist and brought her close, which turned the crowd more hysterical than ever. “What are you talking about? They love me. Don’t you know I’m the hottest topic in your school now?” he grinned at her and waved again at the crowd. She badly wanted to wipe that playful look on his face as it annoyed her but Joong Ki without his cheekiness wouldn’t be the same right?

     She ignored him and focused on her pose, before they proceeded to the special ramp with the writings ‘Senior Prom 2014’ decorated at the background. Various other couples were there, living their 5 minutes celebrity life to the fullest. Several snapshots later, one of the ‘butlers’ showed their way to the interview boot but she brushed him away.

     There was no need to express her feelings about the last day of school and how would her future be in another 10 years. No one would understand those feelings in her. Only she herself can understand her own dreams coming true. And another 10 years, she didn’t need to plan it. She WILL be the owner of Tae San, a very powerful influence woman, with a child or two and a husband. Yes, she’s just like very other girl who wanted to succeed both in her career and marriage.

     “Yah! I want to do the interview” Joong Ki pouted when she pulled him to sit under one of the gazebos, with artificial orchids around them, completing the midnight garden theme they had on the rooftop of the hotel.

     You’ve graduated before. There’s no more special feelings and such stuff” she pointed out. “ This is my first time graduating a real school. With a senior prom. There’s a lot of feelings in here you know”  he pointed at his heart but Chae Won turned away, observing the teenagers on the dance floor, grinding with each other.

     Joong Ki pouted more. It was irritating how she would ignore especially when they are in a conversation. “Just for your information, you and aegyo doesn’t go well” she said. He stared at her open mouth. He was the most sought after student before and all those girls adore his aegyo. They must be something wrong with her eyes or her brain fuse.

     Before he could say anything, a voice rang out “Chingu!!! Omo! You look so beautiful” the voice was familiar and they looked up to see Yoo Bi in a stunning red cocktail dress. She thanked Joong Ki for complementing her looks and sat next to Chae Won. They realized Chae Won’s sudden sour expression but it wasn’t unusual so they ignored it.

     “Chae Won ah! How do you know that the theme this year is Midnight garden?! I’m so jealous! Look at your dress” Yoo Bi started whining. “My boyfriend still thinks you’re beautiful. Isn’t that enough?”

     Chae Won’s word made Joon Ki nearly spit out his drink. “I was only complementing! What’s wrong with that?”

     “But you have a date! I don’t… It seems like you’re always ahead of me in everything. What’s the use of being pretty if you don’t have a date? On senior prom!” again, Yoo Bi complained and received a look from Chae Won. “You were oppa’s date for prom every year. Of course the other guys were taken. Now it’s our turn for Senior Prom, of course oppa had graduated”

     “Which reminds me…How do you like your first prom ever? Ever since we met, you don’t want to go to proms. You don’t even want to be the ‘help out juniors’ for our seniors. I can’t believe you attend Senior Prom even though you missed out so much before. How is it? Is it fun?” Yoo

Please log in to read the full chapter