Ending 6: Baekhyun "A Bard of Past and Present"

The Well of Emerald Waters

This is part of a multi-post. Please be sure you've read from "The Fade" before continuing. 

 

As the most astute, heroic and handsome member of the party, Byun Baekhyun sacrificed himself for his comrades, approaching the evil well without hesitation. He drank deeply, his friend’s crying at the selflessness he displayed.

Once the sacrifice was made, the well opened up, the ground rumbling and cracking. Baekhyun promptly tried to shield his friends from the potential danger, shooing them away from the mystical landscape.

His attempts were for naught, as the ground opened and swallowed his handsome figure up. The magnificent hero was surrounded by darkness for time innumerable, until his eyes fluttered open and revealed a most startling sight.

He blinked, trying to understand the sight before his heroic and very handsome eyes.

“Seriously, if you two start making out again….” Suho, the dwarf rolled his eyes at Luhan and Minseok. Except they were all different. So different.

Suho looked human now, and Luhan was dressed in sparkly clothing. Minseok as well. And Kris was there, and Jongin. Their hair was styled oddly, thick with some kind of product. In the corner of the room Kyungsoo, who was no longer grey with taint, was making strange barking noises...almost like singing.

“We’re on in five,” Yixing reported, eying up Baekhyun with a very non-heroic expression.

“Where are we?!” Baekhyun asked in his most heroic voice.

“Mcountdown…” Suho answered. Suddenly they were all looking at him, eying him up in confusion. “Are you okay, Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun dragged his hand through his hair and blinked heroically. “Mcountdown…” he repeated in a strong, confident, totally not-afraid voice.

“Yeah, the music show,” Chanyeol said. Wait, why was Chanyeol so different too?!

“Where is this place…?” Baekhyun whispered.

“You’re name is Byun Baekhyun, lead singer of top kpop group Exo. Remember? Did you have some weird dream or something?” Sehun approached, kneeling down to look Baekhyun in the eyes (non-heroically).

“Was it all a dream…?” Baekhyun wondered out loud. “If it was then you were there. And you! And you! And you!” Baekhyun pointed at all his travelling companions, the cowards who could never be as heroic as him ever, not in a million bazillion years. “But you were an elf, and you were a dwarf and you were…” he looked over at Kyungsoo. “Really hideous and kind of mean.”

What Baekhyun’s friends said in response mattered little in the grand scheme of things. What mattered is that they went on to win the music show, and dozens more after that. Byun Baekhyun become the most beloved celebrity to ever celebrity. He was totally hot and everyone loved him. So what if he had that weird dream once.

 


 

Was this ending not your cup of tea? Try a different one, and take up your grievances with LONDON9CALLING who was so cracktaculously generous to write this particular ending for Byun Baekhyun, the best dreamer in the whole wide world. No? Okay, then go ahead and skip to the EPILOGUE