[EXO] Luhan/Sehun

All the Kpop Oneshots

Daisy Chains

By: tokkiki

Rating: PG

Word Count: 479

Pairings: Luhan/Sehun

Warnings: a curse word, unedited (which is traumatizing enough in itself)

Description: Luhan copes with Sehun's absence.

 

Luhan finds peace in writing.  He escapes reality with words, weaving and tangling them effortlessly into sentence after sentence. The tiny black characters bunch together in long strands not unlike the gross hairs that clog his shower drain, but Luhan is already used to the way the final products are as messy and jumbled as scrambled eggs.  Luhan feels the urge to write like this on the days that pass in meaningless blurs, whizzing away like pesky flies.

~

The need to write mostly comes at work.  It starts in the middle of filming when Luhan gets bored and glances out the corner of his eye. He expects to see the sight of his multicolored hair, or the signature derp face that Luhan has learned to interpret as “Yes, hyung, I am just as bored as you.”  But, after waiting pointlessly for him to appear, Luhan realizes where he is, and that he's surrounded by Chinese words.  Luhan remembers that Sehun is far away from China, which is what inevitably causes him to fumble for any paper he can, whether it be torn from scripts or cue cards, and pick up the odd pen (Luhan, when faced with the desire to write, is not particularly picky).  Then, he lets himself loose, and eager words seep into paper that absorbs them like a sponge.

~

Some people write to remember.  Luhan writes to forget.  He wants so badly to forget the EXO days, where life was hell and Sehun was his silver lining, peeking through the dark clouds that follow Luhan around.  More often, Luhan wants to ignore the fact he is just as miserable now, promoting in China, as he was in Korea. It's worse now that Sehun is gone, making it unbearable to think that it was pointless for Luhan to leave his precious dongsaeng beind.

But today, Luhan has no schedule, and he’s writing to remember.  His fingers flow freely, swirling words into eloquent poetry of the days that he so dearly misses.  His words come faster than he can write them, and they end up not making sense. Luhan, however, is not discouraged, because they miraculously seem to hint at a moment where everything did make sense. The pen strikes out awkward any words faster than Luhan can, and eventually he ends up with this haiku:

 

side by side, fingers

intertwine, twist together

just like daisy chains

 

Luhan likes it. The poem is cliche and short, failing to even mention the butterflies that tumble around in Luhan’s stomach with the mere mention of Sehun's name.  Yet, it establishes the fragile connection between them, the time they spent together, and made Luhan realize that words are a lot like daisies; string them together, and a beautiful connection is created.  Separate them, isolate them in China and Korea, and it is like the whole world is broken apart.

 

Foreword

tokkiki