A Long Time Ago

A Long Time Ago

 

Kang DaeSung, was a smiling young boy. Only 16-years-old and with a promising mind. Very talented in different areas, but had a voice of an Angel. His only fault, was that he was gay. He had never told anyone that he wanted a guy more than a girl, and actually, he wanted the hottest guy - of course. Not that he was far up in the hierarchy on the school, but this guy was.. Choi SeungHyun. They had accidentally talked for a few seconds, once, but that was all.

 

SeungHyun was tall, he was handsome – for an 18 year old. Bright and full of life. A lot of people avoided him, and even more people worshiped him, like DaeSung.

 

But one day, it all changed...

 

 

 

***

 

DaeSung was walking down the hall of the school. Not really caring for where he was going, but lost in his own mind. SeungHyun on the other hand, was holding his head high, when this raven haired guy clumsily bumped into him. DaeSung looked at him with wide eyes as they both sat down on the ground.

 

“I am so sorry.” He tried to say, but SeungHyun just laughed and got up again.

 

“You need to watch where you're going.” SeungHyun said with a laugh. DaeSung bowed his head and tried to avoid looking like a person blushing that much as he was.

 

“Sorry.” DaeSung muttered. SeungHyun reached out to him with a hand to help him up. Shyly, DaeSung took it, and got up.

 

“Thanks. I am really sorry. You are okay, right?” He carefully asked, and SeungHyun smiled.

 

“Yeah, I am fine. How about you?” He questioned and DaeSung nodded.

 

“But... You can make it up to me.” SeungHyun teasingly said.

 

“How?” DaeSung quickly asked. Because he wanted to.


“Take me out for lunch.” SeungHyun said, like it was a dare.

 

“Fine.” DaeSung said, and smiled at him. That angelic smile he was almost wearing it.

 

“Cool. After this class then. We meet here.” SeungHyun said and DaeSung nodded agreeing, and then SeungHyun left. DaeSung was almost starstruck. It was amazing that a simple bump could make him have a date with his one true love.

 

***

 

After that class, they met outside again. SeungHyun was smiling, like it was something nice he was planning. But DaeSung wasn't sure that he was actually going on a date. More like a quick lunch.

 

“Hi. Are you ready? Where do you wanna go?” DaeSung asked, and SeungHyun thought for a moment.

 

“Anywhere is fine. Maybe the pizza place? I am dying to eat pizza.” He said and laughed to himself.

 

“Good, let's go.” DaeSung agreed and then they walked to the pizza place. They didn't say much on the trip, but it wasn't necessary.

 

They arrived at the place, and made their order, DaeSung paid and they sat down at a table.

 

“So, how old are you?” SeungHyun asked, taking a sip of his soda.

 

“I'm 16. And my name is DaeSung. Kang DaeSung.” He said and SeungHyun nodded.

 

“I'm Choi SeungHyun and I'm 18.” He answered and smiled. DaeSung extended his hand, so he could shake it. Mostly because he was dying to try and touch him.

 

“Nice to meet you.” DaeSung said when they shook hands.

 

“Nice to meet you too.” SeungHyun said and smiled.

 

 

***

 

From that day on, it went fast. DaeSung and SeungHyun spend a lot of time together. They had fun, and somehow the fun, started turning into romance. Their first kiss was almost perfect. It was at a sundown, and they held hands, hugged and then it turned more serious with the kiss. After that, everything was perfect for the couple.

 

“Sweetie, can I wear this tonight?” DaeSung asked as he held a shirt up in front of his body for SeungHyun to see.

 

“You look hot in anything, and mom and dad won't be caring about your shirt.” He said and made DaeSung laugh.

“Oh, you're right. I'll just take this.” He said and put on a nice shirt. SeungHyun got up from the bed and went to him.

 

“Maybe we should just take it all off and have fun before the dinner.” He said with a tease. DaeSung rolled his eyes at him.

 

“I have already showered. If the dinner goes well, maybe you can get lucky tonight.” DaeSung said and they shared a warm kiss.

 

“Then I will look forward to that.” SeungHyun said and gave him another kiss. wasn't an issue for the boys, they both enjoyed it, and had it a lot.

 

 

 

***

 

The time passed and the start of the school year, turned quickly to the end. The boys loving each other more and more. But that only increased the pain.

 

The boys had planned the whole summer. But DaeSung's father had a new job offer opening in Busan. Which was a far trip from Seoul. So when the school year ended, the boys bid their farewells, for this time. Throughout the summer, each of the boys stayed with each other from time to time. But when the school started again, they hadn't time to see each other.

 

“I know it's hard. I am sorry. But this doesn't work for me.” SeungHyun said, crying on the one end of the phone. DaeSung crying in the other.

 

“I love you. I always will, but the distance is .” DaeSung said.

 

“I love you too. And I wanted to be with you forever.” SeungHyun admitted, and sighed heavily from the tears that kept escaping his eyes.

 

“Me too. I am sure we'll never see each other again, so let's cut the relationship here.” DaeSung said, crying harder.

 

“Goodbye.” SeungHyun said, not wanting this to be over.

 

“Goodbye.” DaeSung mumbled through tears, and then they hung up. Both going to live a new life, away from each other.

 

***

 

They both spend years getting over one another, and SeungHyun finally found a sweet girl. DaeSung kept being gay, and had a lot of relationship through the years.

 

But one day. When DaeSung was walking through the crowded streets of Seoul, and SeungHyun did too, DaeSung saw him. He was sure it was him. None of them had seen the other after getting older, but he was sure.

 

“SeungHyun!” DaeSung yelled and he turned around.

 

“Dae?” SeungHyun said to himself. He couldn't believe that this blonde haired man yelled his name, but he looked a lot like his angel, that left him years ago.

 

“Yes! It's me!” DaeSung said and they ran into each others arm.

 

“Oh my god, I thought we'd never meet again!” SeungHyun said with a happy laugh. DaeSung smiled when he stopped hugging him.

 

“Me too. Wow. You sure got hot.” DaeSung said and smiled. SeungHyun laughed a little.

 

“Yeah, but you too. That blonde hair... You rock it.” SeungHyun teased, just like the old times.

 

“Let's grab a coffee together. We need to catch up.” DaeSung said and SeungHyun quickly agreed.

 

And after that coffee... They had many more. SeungHyun left his girl, and DaeSung was single at that moment, so they started a new life together. Just like they had planned, all those years back.