Author's Note

Fallen

Author's Note:

This is dedicated to the people who have suffered loss and trauma due to war and great sacrifice by loved ones. And to them who have surrendered their all.

 

This is thanks to those soldiers, policemen and fire fighters who offer themselves, their lives and their happiness for a country’s freedom, security and safety.

 

I know it isn’t much, but moral support is all I can give to those who are married to and are children of these very courageous and selfless men in uniform. I know the worry and pain you go through since most of the men in my family are under this commitment to the country, and I am still in fear for their lives and I have lost some of them.

 

I join you in your mourning, and I hope the best for you.

 

I know acceptance is a very difficult phase, but at that moment when you’re lost and on the verge of giving up, please don’t entertain that thought and help yourself remember that there are people who are there for you, just like how our fathers and brothers and uncles and nephews and grandfathers have been there for us and didn’t give up till the last beat of their hearts.

 

Don’t throw the sacrifice they have made away, prove to them that they have sacrificed their lives for something great, that they have died for something worth it. Grow and blossom into beautiful people they have always hoped you to be.

 

It will always bring you tears and the heartbreak might always be there, it might not be the best thing and it’s never a very pretty event to lose someone, but you decide on whether you walk on the broken glass bare foot or gently sweep the cause of pain away. These soldiers and policemen and fire fighters love you so much that is why they were brave enough, so please be brave enough to love yourself as much as they loved you, and please don’t harm yourself any longer if you are.

 

Don’t make them regret. Let’s continue and celebrate their lives for they have extended someone’s with offering theirs.

 

A soldier doesn’t fight because he hates what’s in front of him. He fights because he loves what he left behind.”

—Anonymous

 

PS: Thank you for reading God bless

PPS: Similarly to my fanfic Approximately 127, you will be the one to draw your own ending for this story (whether or not Jongin comes back home or not) ^^ buuut I think we all know what we wanna happen haha