Meeting

One Line to Draw a Heart, Ten Lines to Draw a Broken Heart

New day, new weather but the activities are still the same old ones. The guys were woken up by their maknae again. Last one to get up is, of course, their leader. Jun-Young slowly got up, sleep still clinging unto him like a spoiled child clinging unto a favorite toy. He sat on the bed, dazed, while waiting for the rest to get ready.

“Hey, hyung, we are done.”

Dong-Jun poked his head in from the door and spoke softly. The older male, too deep in his daydream, did not react to his words. Kwang-Hee went over to the younger boy, draping a hand over him and called out in his loud voice.

“Hey Jun-Young! Earth to you!”

ZE:A’s leader jumped around, for being so rudely pulled out of his daydream, and turned around to look at the intruders leaning in the doorway, with a question mark clear upon his face.

“We are done with the bathroom. You can use it now. You might want to hurry also. The manager is quite restless. The meeting seems important.”

“Alright, thanks. I’ll try to be as fast as I can, you guys should finish getting ready too!”

Slowly, he got up, messing up his hair while trying to shake the sleepiness off. In the end, with all the running around, the group got out half an hour later. On the long trip, with many detours taken, the group joked around each other. After gathering in the room they were shown to, they were joined by another idol group. Surprised by each other’s presence, they all looked at their managers for an explanation. The only answer they got was a mere shrug. Teen Top were the said idol group. When each of them turned to their managers for answers as to what is going to happen, the only answer they got was a mere shrug, as well. As they were around the same age, they quickly warmed up to each other, the curiosity of the day’s gathering temporarily forgotten.

Not long after, a man in a black suit walked in; he was followed by a younger man who seemed to be running after him. Introduced as someone working for YG Entertainment Company, the young adults all raised an eyebrow, wondering what this matter would be about. The answer to the gathering was finally given, and it made all of them incredulous. The company had songs written by one well-known and well-loved songwriter for them.

The weird thing was that no one knew if the person was female or male. Even if the companies did know, they didn't seem to publicize it. The singers who had gotten to work with the songs believed that it was a guy though. Aside from the mystery, the composer was well recognized for the amazing songs that were composed. The genre of music varied, but nevertheless, the powerful way the lyrics converted the feelings, the simple words that were used to ignite wonderful feelings, and the rhythm that captures one's attention and heart were characteristic of this songwriter.

"These songs were addressed to you guys. As you know, Air doesn't take commissions, and only created songs destined for singers that he or she believes would sing them the best. And so, I am here to deliver them to you. In addition, there is someone whom we brought along, because we believe she can help you guys with the chorography and the music."

As he finished his sentence, the younger man who had been following him went out. A few minutes later, he came back with a young woman. In a hoodie and sweatpants combined with a pair of converse, she did not look model-thin or unhealthy. Rather, her face seemed to be surrounded by a soft aura of healthiness and gentle warmth. She didn't seem the kind of girl who would back down without a fight though. Bowing to the people in front of her, she gave her small introduction.

"Good morning! The name's Kyung-Mi, I'll be helping you guys with Air's songs and choreography from today on! Nice to meet and work with you."

The guys, smiling, bowed and looked at each other, wondering how good she was. As they had never heard of her working with any other idol groups or solo singer, they had to wonder why a new person was brought in to help. The younger man who came in with the representative of YG handed the girl a pile of music sheets.

 "Well then, I'll leave you with them then. Good luck, Kyung-Mi."

The man gave a polite smile to the girl and the people gathering around her before walking out. Everyone gave a bow, and the managers left their protégées and went out to guard the outside of the studio, making sure no one would bother them.

"So before we started, I want to lay down a few ground rules."

The idols stared at her, wondering what she meant. It's quite rare, or almost never, that their chorography/trainer would say that.

"First of all, I expected all of you to give your absolute all when we are working, but I also expect you to not overwork yourself. Second, when we're taking a break, you're free to relax all you want and do what you wish, except practicing, because I need you guys to be able to focus when we work. Third, do not bring any kind of drama into the studio. If you have a problem with anyone, work it outside. Fourth, when we're practicing, remember to have fun!"

Taken aback by her fierceness, the guys went from incredulous to smiling. It's rare that such an occasion would present itself and, well, if their "teacher" is telling them to have fun, then they will.

"Can we know how old you are? We are polite people, so we don't want to offend you."

"I am exactly legal here. if that's what you want to know, Heechul Oppa."

She replied with a amused smile at the question. Chuckles filled the room and the atmosphere warmed up.

 

 

Authors' note: Hai~! Allie with her bestie Naly here~ It's my first fanfic with my bestie helping me, so don't kill me if it's not the best first chapter ;o; Since I got a ZE:A obsession and the fact that there's so little fanfics out there for them I had to write some 8D;; We are trying to write a more original fanfic while avoiding some very very typical situations in fanfics, so tell us what you think :3!