Goodbye... For Now

Homecoming Kisses - Sunggyu

The monotonous tone rang in your ear as you waited for your boyfriend to pick up his phone. Biting your lip, your eyes dropped to your socked feet as they moved over the dark wood floor.

"Hello?" Sunggyu’s voice cut through all of the screaming fangirls and the cameramen shouting questions at him to answer. Waiting until the back noise was mostly gone, you on your bottom lip a little.

"Sunggyu" You hummed over the phone while your fingers gripped the device tighter against your ear.

"Hold on for a minute" His kind voice called to you, nodding your head in responce even though you knew he couldn’t see you. Listening to shuffling and movement, you shifted your weight from one foot to the other before you lifted your eyes feeling your heart pick up speed.

"Are you still there?" Sunggyu questioned, to which he thought was a dead line.

"I am still here" Your voice started to fail you slowly. Sunggyu slipped into his assigned seat on the airplane while shifting his backpack onto his lap as he looked out the window and across the valley.

"Is something wrong?" He probed, trying to hold back his emotions to keep your relationship with him a secret.

"I just wanted to call you…" You whispered as you knew you couldn’t go around the nagging feeling in your gut. "I wanted to tell you goodbye, since I didn’t get the chance."

"About that… I am really sorry, I didn’t have time to stop by before I had to leave again" Sunggyu bit his lip as he moved his phone to the other ear as he watched the reflection of people board on the window of the plane.

"I know you are busy, I just wanted to wish you good luck on your trip" You felt your heart break a little as you returned your eyes back to your socked feet.

"Thank you, I will be home before you know it" Sunggyu tried to reassure you as he listened to a soft sigh leave your lips. "Promise"

"Eat your meals and make sure you rest a lot okay?" You closed your eyes for a moment as you heard his breathy chuckle crawl over the line.

"Okay, I will" You could almost hear his smile forming on his lips which made a smile form on your lips too.

Sunggyu watched as the door close and the stewardess stood up and picked up the phone so that everyone could hear her over the intercom. “Hey, I have to go, my plane is about to take off. I will talk to you tonight though okay?”

"Okay" Your response was slightly delayed as your heart tightened knowing that this was yet another goodbye.

"Bye" His voice became quiet as he ended the call a few seconds later, listening to the chime your hand slowly dropped the phone from your ear.

Moving over to a bar stool in your apartment, you rounded your back while your eyes watched the screen of your phone darken until it was completely dark. Your eyes closed to the familiar sting of your salty tears that started to build up gradually. A vibration, from between your hands, opened your eyes to see the screen of your phone lit, entering in your code to your phone, you unlocked the screen and pressed on the unread message.

I forgot to tell you something

That little phrase made your heart instantly start beating faster, your thumbs tapped on the edge of your phone as you tried to decide how you should reply. Before you could type a single letter, another vibration came from between your hands as your eyes read the new message at the bottom of the screen.

I love you, I love you so much and I will miss you more than anything in the world

A little smile started to grow on your lips as you couldn’t help but feel like Sunggyu knew you better than you knew yourself. Typing back a simple message to reply to his, another message appeared at the bottom of the screen.

Hugs & Kisses XOXOXOXOX

Time continued to pass at its own rate, some days moved faster than others but nothing could change how deeply you missed your boyfriend with each passing day. Keeping up with his schedule and making sure you supported each and every event he went to from the other side of your computer screen, you clapped and cheered as you watched him in his element, doing what he loved. Watching carefully, you loved how he stepped into a different role in front of his fans but left being himself just for you. Every now and again, he would let a little bit of him slip so that the fans could see as you just smiled and blushed finding him to be too cute and perfect for his own good.

Weeks passed as your mind formulated a brilliant plan upon Sunggyu’s arrival. Meeting up with his manager, you asked for permission and a little help for your plan to go off without a hitch. With the managers approval, you counted down the days until you were able to give Sunggyu his little surprise.