Chapter 3

White Flag
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao wakes up without yifan by his side. It’s weird, because usually Yifan would always be the last to wake up in the house. Tao sits up on the bed, brushing his sleepy eyes as he glances at the clock on the wall.

It’s almost 8 in the morning. It’s time to take Nini to school.

He goes straight to the kitchen, ready to prepare a breakfast for Nini before he notices Yifan walks out of Nini’s bedroom. He’s carrying the little girl on his arms as he walks downstairs. Tao look over his shoulder, he notices a huge bag on Yifan’s hand.

“where are you going?” Tao asks as he watches the older man grabs a bottle of mineral water from the fridge.

Yifan smiles, putting Nini down before he grabs his coat and put it on. “I told you that I will send her to the orphanage, right? And that’s what I’m about to do”.

Tao gasp, he didn’t know that Wu Yifan can be this serious.

When Yifan is about to grab Nini’s hand, Tao blocks it, shoving the older man’s hands off his precious Nini. Yifan glares at him before giving him a questioning look. “ what the are you doing, Huang Zitao?” Yifan groans through his gritted teeth as Tao using his body as Nini’s shield.

Yifan takes one step closer, “I’m asking you what the are you doing?” Yifan repeats his question, his voice is low and dangerous.

“I’m protecting her.”

Yifan rolls his eyes, “ off before I lose my temper. Don’t get on my nerves, Huang Zitao.” Yifan warns him as he steps closer, like a cheetah ready to catch its prey. But Tao stand still, protecting Nini with his body.

Yifan grabs a hold of Tao’s shoulder, shoving the younger man away until the Tao’s back hits the fridge behind him. Nini is now crying, hugging her unicorn doll so tight. After shoving Tao out of his way, He approaches Nini but before he’s able to grab the little girl’s hand, Tao throws his body at him, using all of his power to pushes Yifan away.

Yifan stumbles back and hold the nearest table to support his body, preventing himself from falling. Today might be the day where Wu Yifan loses the control of himself as he dashes towards Tao, his hand swinging and his palm lands on Tao’s cheek. A strong and painful punch that might broke Tao’s cheekbone.

Tao falls onto the ground, the pain sting and it hurts his head. He can feel Nini’s tiny hands hold his as the little girl cries.

“get the out of here! I don’t want to see you!” Yifan shouts before he turns around and make his way to the bedroom, leaving Tao and Nini in the kitchen. Tao stands up, scooping the crying Nini with his arms as he bear with the pain and tries to find his car key.

Tears won’t stop falling from his eyes.

Maybe this is the end.

 

-*-

 

“Oh! Come in” Jongin says while munching something in his mouth as he opens the door wider to let Tao walks in. Nini runs towards the Korean man’s leg, wrapping her tiny arms around Jongin’s thigh. Jongin laughs, he ruffles the little girl hair before closing the door.

Tao walks in, only to see Sehun sitting in the kitchen, there is Sehan next to him.

“where’s Kyungsoo?” Tao asks as he takes a seat next to Sehan. Jongin smiles as he swings Nini in his arms before sitting her on the empty chair next to Sehun.

“He went out for grocery shopping” Jongin says as he takes a seat next to Nini. Jongin might looked cold and scary but he’s actually a very warm guy with a very childish personality. Jongin loves to play with kids, and he likes to do the baby-talk thingy which annoys Sehun to death most of the time.

Jongin is a snob, just like a little kid spilling his food here and there and tossing his clothes everywhere in the house.

“Sehun, where’s Luhan-ge?” Tao asks as he carries the little Sehan in his arms. Sehun shrugs, the look on his face is enough to tell Tao that he doesn’t want to talk about the older man. Tao watches as Sehan giggles, his pink cheeks and cherry lips look so adorable.

Sehun hands Nini the toast as the little girl starts to eat happily. “did you two get into an argument again?” Jongin bluntly asks and Sehun rolls his eyes. He grabs the pineapple jam on the corner of the table, refuse to answer.

“you need to stop throwing tantrum, Sehun” Tao says as he rocks Sehan in his arms, the little boy’s eyes spark beautifully and his mouth curves into a smile.

Sehun hands Tao the toast while putting away the jams, “He went out last night and came back really late with his body reeks of alcohol. He smelled like and this isn’t the first time! He started throwing tantrum at me and he woke Sehan up! The boy won’t stop crying until four in the morning and I couldn’t get much sleep last night! How can I not throwing tantrum at him?” Sehun mumbles, eyebrows knit and the obvious look of angry is all over his face.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter