In This Lifetime

In This Lifetime
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: In This Lifetime

Author: ilovesungyeollie

Pairing: MyungYeol

Genre: Romance, Angst, Friendship

~~*~~

Ever since that fateful night when Myungsoo left Sungjong to follow Sungyeol, everything had taken a turn for the better. Myungsoo took his time to talk to Sungyeol, try to find out more about the boy who had loved him for so long. Whilst Sungyeol was finally able to actually get to know his long time crush and become good friends with him.

Maybe it was because Myungsoo started his friendship with Sungyeol knowing the other was in love with him, but before long their simple friendship had turned into something more.

The day Myungsoo asked Sungyeol to be his boyfriend, was the happiest day of Sungyeol's life. He was beyond ecstatic; couldn't believe his dream was coming true.

Myungsoo being the sweetest guy ever, smiled his beautiful eye smile with dimples and all, when he saw how happy Sungyeol was. After everything that happened before, Myungsoo knew Sungyeol had been hurting for a long time. For years. And Myungsoo just couldn't live with that; with the knowledge that he caused Sungyeol so much pain. He wanted to make it up to Sungyeol, to make the other happy. So the logical solution was to return Sungyeol's feelings.

But see the thing is, love isn't something you can control. You can't force yourself to love somebody even if you really want to. You have to let love run its own course because it won't listen to you anyway.

~~*~~

"Yeol, you want to come over tonight? For a movie night. You can sleep over afterwards."

Myungsoo's voice drifted from the phone that was lying on the kitchen counter and filled the whole room. Sungyeol smiled happily to himself as he finished drying off the last of his dishes.

"Really? I want to!"

A chuckle was heard as Myungsoo laughed at Sungyeol's excitement.

"Can I come over earlier? We can cook dinner together. I've always wanted to do that with you..."

Sungyeol's voice trailed away shyly as he finished his request.

"Sure. What do you want to make? I need to check I have all the ingredients."

"Lasagne! And you can decide the dessert Myungie."

Sungyeol's excitement was back once again.

"Then... let's have strawberries and cream cheesecake."

"Do you even know how to make that?"

By now Sungyeol had finished his drying and was leaning against his kitchen counter, holding the phone up near his mouth. He currently had a sceptical expression on his face due to Myungsoo's seemingly extravagant suggestion.

"Well there is this pre-made cake mix thing and you just have to add cream cheese or something. It's not that hard..."

"Last time you said that we ended up spending hours trying to install that cupboard into the wall ourselves. Then when we finally called somebody they got it done in like minutes."

Sungyeol giggled as he remembered their previous adventures.

"Fine, I'll just go get one of those already made frozen cakes."

"Well some of them taste surprisingly good."

"Yeah. Okay see you soon Yeollie! 5pm at my place."

"Alright. Love you Myungie."

"Love you too."

Sungyeol smiled as he pressed the end call button and placed his phone down. He leaned on the counter and sighed with contentment. Myungsoo was in every way the sweetest boyfriend ever. He was just so kind and nice. Sungyeol had so much fun with Myungsoo all the time and they never fought.

At that Sungyeol stopped and frowned a bit. Myungsoo was a bit too nice, too lenient to Sungyeol's wishes. Not that that was a bad thing. However there was a certain closeness they didn't have, a certain wall that hadn't been broken down.

Suddenly all the lightness from the call with Myungsoo left, leaving Sungyeol with a slightly disappointed, but also indifferent, feeling. Disappointment because Myungsoo still wasn't what Sungyeol wanted him to be. Indifference because subconsciously Sungyeol had known all along.

Myungsoo loved him. But not like the way he loved Myungsoo.

At 5pm sharp, Myungsoo’s doorbell rang. Light steps were heard as the owner of the apartment rushed to open the door, revealing a tall male smiling widely.

“Myungie!” Sungyeol called happily before bouncing forward to hug Myungsoo tightly.

Myungsoo smiled as he wrapped his arms around the other. He squeezed Sungyeol’s waist before releasing him and pulling him further into the apartment, closing the front door with a thud.

“You didn’t mention anything earlier so I didn’t bring anything…” Sungyeol mumbled as he played with his fingers shyly.

Even though this wasn’t the first time Sungyeol was at Myungsoo’s place, he still felt nervous and jumpy. Sungyeol figured he’d relax after a few more minutes and plus Myungsoo was very comfortable to be around.

“That’s fine Yeol. Come on, we should start cooking right away.” Myungsoo said as he led the way to his kitchen.

Sungyeol skipped into the kitchen with a grin as he rolled his sleeves up and went over to wash his hands in the sink. On the granite counters were the ingredients needed to make lasagne, all placed neatly next to one another in a line.

As Sungyeol turned around to catch Myungsoo’s eye, a large piece of fabric came over his head and a warm presence was felt behind him. Sungyeol’s heart immediately started racing as he tensed, feeling Myungsoo tying the apron around his waist. When Myungsoo finished, he turned Sungyeol around and gave him an adorable smile before kissing him on the nose.

“Let’s start now.”

For the next hour Myungsoo and Sungyeol talked and laughed as they prepared their dinner. Sungyeol’s lasagne recipe was different to normal ones. Normal ones only had beef for the filling but Sungyeol’s filling had a variety of vegetables and meat that together created a really delicious mix.

Myungsoo was put on chopping duty, cutting up the carrot, celery and onion while Sungyeol poured out the right amount of corn kernels and peas. Once that was done, Sungyeol got out the frying pan and put the beef mince in to start cooking the lasagne filling. Myungsoo was Sungyeol’s assistant, handing him the vegetables at the right time. In the end, the almost fully cooked filling was a beautiful mix of orange, green, yellow and red.

The pair then moved to start constructing the lasagne. The large pan was oiled to prevent sticking and the first layer of lasagne sheet was placed. A portion of the filling was poured on top by Myungsoo while Sungyeol was in charge of sprinkling mozzarella cheese on each layer. The two of them laughed and joked as Myungsoo spread the filling unevenly and Sungyeol continuously ate strips of cheese instead of putting it in the lasagne.

Finally the lasagne was done and put into the preheated oven. Myungsoo set the timer before dusting his hands and looking at Sungyeol with a proud smile.

“Done!” Myungsoo said.

Sungyeol nodded with a happy smile, clapping his hands. “Our first time making dinner together!”

“Now we just have to wait for it to cook. I’m so excited to eat it already. It looked so delicious!” Myungsoo exclaimed.

Sungyeol chuckled at the other’s excitement before pulling Myungsoo out of the kitchen.

“Let’s start watching our movie. Can I choose?” Sungyeol asked as he half jumped around the lounge room.

“Sure. Just don’t pick a horror. Last time you woke the whole apartment building with your screaming.” Myungsoo laughed as he flopped onto the couch in front of his television.

Sungyeol pouted at Myungsoo. “I did not scream that loud. And how was I supposed to know it was horror. The title was so misleading.”

Myungsoo just continued laughing while Sungyeol stood in front of the DVD cabinet, trying to decide what to watch.

“I’ve got it! How about Titanic?” Sungyeol whirled around to Myungsoo, holding up the DVD in his hand.

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow. “You do know that that movie is like 3 hours long?”

“Yeah. We can watch some now, watch while we eat and then finish it during dessert or something.”

With that Sungyeol put the DVD in and soon enough the opening credits of the movie were playing. Sun

Please log in to read the full chapter