The wish

Two angels under the midnight sky
 

Once upon a time, when magic still shone bright,
under the midnight sky, flew two angels side by side.
One with a golden hair, which other's black could compare,
with pure white shirts and pants, yet feet completely bare.

 

"Hyukjae, have you ever wondered what is behind that dark and black night sky?" Donghae gazed his black-haired companion, who swing his legs as he himself looked up to said sky while sitting on top of a streetlight. "I know as much as you do. I think the darkness goes beyond what we can see, but I also believe that there too light can be found," Hyukjae answered.

Donghae smiled, absentmindedly one of his wings. "That would be nice, I hope it's true."
"I'm sure about it. If there isn't light then darkness would be nothing as well, right?" Hyukjae looked down to Donghae, who was standing under him, leaning on the same streelight, smile still playing on his lips "Right," Donghae met his eyes and both of them shared same smile that told them how much they both hoped and believed it to be the truth. 

"It's like a magic."

 

Once upon a time, when dark and light united,
the angel with a golden hair had so much to ask of life.
With a bravery of young man with an open mind,
he took his friend's hand and they flew up to the sky.

 

Donghae giggled as he flew around Hyukjae, who just floated while trying to hold back the laughter that was escaping from his lips when he watched his companion's silly behavior "Donghae please, it's not like you are five!" 

"I don't care! This is fun, only that should matter!" Donghae laughed and by now Hyukjae was laughing too. "It's a shame to not use your wings fully when you have them you know! Come on Hyukkie, try to enjoy yourself a little!"

"I would like to think that I still have my dignity left, thank you," Hyukjae declined, yet the smile on his face was still visible.

"You're boring," Donghae pouted, stopping his acrobatic show and started to float next to Hyukjae, taking a hold of black-haired angel's hand. "Say, why are we alive?"

"Come again?"

"I mean.. I have never seen anyone like us. What are we?" 

Hyukjae squeezed other's hand "Human's would call us angels, but if that's the truth or not, I don't know. But I am glad that we indeed are alive."

 

Once upon a time, as the sun rose and shined,
escaped two angels, flew back so they could hide.
The one with a golden hair find it hard to stay,
as the sun behind the curtain told him to fly away.

 

"I want to see the sunlight," Donghae sadly looked the dark curtain that covered the only window. 

"You know it's not possible, once sunlight hits us we disappear," Hyukjae embraced his friend who leaned his head against Hyukjae's shoulder "I wish I could show it to you and to see it myself too, but I can't."

"It's not fun when you have to live in the dark your whole life. We don't even know how long we will live, it's been so many years already."

"I know it's not fair but you must accept it."

"I'm tired of this Hyukjae."

Hyukjae Donghae's back "I know, believe me, I know."

 

Once upon a time, the angel with a golden hair cried,
while gazing up to the dark midnight sky.
The angel with a black hair took a hold of his hand,
when he too, awaited the cursed sun behind the horizon.

 

Hyukjae sighed in relief when he walked inside their shelter, knowing that it would be only up to few minutes before the sun rays would illuminate the world completely. He turned around, expecting to see Donghae standing in front of a closed door, but his heart skipped a beat when he saw his gold-haired friend still standing outside

"What are you doing, hurry up!" 

Donghae smiled. "Hey Hyukjae, how would it feel to fly under the blue sky?" he looked up to steadily brightening sky, astonished as he saw the black fading away. 

"I don't know, we won't ever know. Come inside, now!" Hyukjae slowly walked back to doorway, carefully making sure that no part of his body could be touched by the light. But as Donghae didn't move, he gulped and reached him with his hand. "Donghae, please."

"I wanna know. I'm tired of the darkness, I want to live under the light."

"You'll disappear!" 

Donghae looked Hyukjae who tried to reach him, too scared to step outside. He saw how Hyukjae let out surprising yell and pulled his hand back inside once sunlight hit it and it started to change into vapor, and by the horrified look he saw on Hyukjae's face, he knew what was happening to his body as well. Yet he smiled. 

"I really want to fly under the blue sky," he closed his eyes.

And as the wind blew the vapor of the golden-haired angel, Hyukjae cried.

 

Once upon a time, when wishes all were gone,
hiding, cried the angel with only one arm alone.
His black hair blended with the darkness around him,
when his heart didn't beat but remained completely still.

 


 

random drabble, but enjoy~~