Amber's POV

Four is for LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I am so dead, unnie!” Soojung bursts out. I am enjoying my lunch in school canteen with Sunyoung when she comes with her own drama.

“What happened?” I ask her, while Sunyong silently s her bubble milk tea to Soojung for her to refresh herself. She sips the drink and takes a deep breath before continuing.

“You know my plan to confess to Kim Jongin, right?” Sunyoung and me nod at her statement.

“Well, it’s all ruined.”

“How so? I thought it’s a fool proof plan?”

She runs her fingers through her hair in desperation. “Well, I thought so too. I am so stupid, Amber unnie!”

“Tell me from the very beginning.”

“I put a note in his math textbook asking him to meet me up in the yard after class. But guess what,” she pauses dramatically; making me anticipates her next statement, “that is not his book.”

Soojung sighs deeply, “Imagine my surprise seeing not him but Do Kyungsoo came. Do freaking Kyungsoo!” She throws her hands in the air to describe how desperate she is.

“Who is Do Kyungsoo?” I ask while Sunyoung laughs loudly after hearing Do Kyungsoo’s name.

“My goodness, you put it in Do Kyungsoo’s book?” She asks Soojung in disbelief and laughs even louder when Soojung nods hesistantly. I look at her in confusion, both of them are younger than me so I might not know all of the students in their year.

“Do Kyungsoo is my classmate. He is a bit weird, actually.” Sunyoung wipes tears from her eyes due to excessive laughs. Soojung wails in the background, cursing at herself in rather loud voice.

“He is quiet type, but a bit unnerving with his huge eyes. You will always feel like he is judging you for whatever you do. But he is one of the top students.” Sunyoung explains then she turns her attention to the sulking Soojung.

“So what did you do after seeing him?”

“I bolted out of course. I ran away as soon as I saw him.” She hangs her head low in shame, making Sunyoung laughs again.

“How embarassing.” Sunyoung adds.

Soojung glares at her, “You are not even helping. What should I do, Amber unnie?” She whines at me.

“At least you should say sorry to him.”

“I know.” She sighs, “I will apologize to him properly.”

---

Later that night, Soojung calls me when I am watching a web drama on my laptop.

“Unnie, I have apologized to him.” Well, it’s certainly more interesting than Ji Changwook’s drama, I stops the drama and starts to focus my mind on what Soojung’s saying.

“I came over to his class after school and apologized to him. It’s easier than what I have thought but I feel even more guilty over what happened.” Frustration is apparent from her tone.

“Is he angry at you?”

“No, he is not even mad at me. When I said I am sorry, and that note was supposed for Jongin, he said he knew already that it was a mistake. I wrote 'Dear Kim Jongin' on the top of my note but he said something that made me uncomfortable.”

“What did he say?”

“He said that there is no way someone could fall in love with him. And somehow, I feel slightly guilty for his low self esteem.” She groans and I can feel her distress.

“So what are you planning to do?”

“i want to set him up with someone. Somehow I need to make it up for him.”

I frown at her answer, “With whom?”

“Um, I still have no idea. But I think maybe someone cute as Bang Minah or Lee Suhyun would be suitable for him. Anyway I want to know him better and be his friend, so I can choose the best for him.”

Soojung sounds so sure while I don’t think this is a really good idea. But I don't think I am able to say my doubt, not when she is this excited with her plan.

“All the best Soojung-ah.”

---

Soojung really sticks to her plan of befriending Do Kyungsoo. She makes effort hanging out with him even bringing him over to our table during lunch time. After knowing him better, I could vouch that Do Kyungsoo is not as freakish as Sunyoung has described him before. Do Kyungsoo might not be as popular as other boys due to his passive and calm demeanor but his level of maturity is higher than us all combined. That what makes him different than any oth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter