Hey

Hey
Joohyun has always been afraid, afraid to tell Yonghwa how she really feels about him. She does not want to be his friend, his best friend who everyone knows they will one day seperate and get married to their own partners while still keeping their friendship intact. She does not want any of that, she wants to be able to kiss him, to touch him whenever she wants, to annoy him only every single second of the day. "Maybe the world will fall apart." She says, bringing the cup of tea to her lips. 
 
"Okay, that's crazy talk, now tell me, what did you want to tell me?" Yonghwa questions, looking at her nervously clasps her hand together.
 
"I love you." And nothing happens. 
 
The Earth did not stop moving or shatter into pieces, no fragmentation of time and space happening around them. There is no explosion of fireworks above them, decorating the night sky or even confetti covering them. She says it with ease, it rolls off her tongue as if she has been waiting to say that. She does not feel weird either, the feeling of remorse in her, no, she has none of that. Nor she has the urge to listen to Arctic Monkeys on her mp3, none. 
 
"I love you too." Yonghwa tells her, and maybe her world did stop a little.