Strange Words

sixth sense

     “Baby wake up, we’re here. Kwonnie come on,you need to get out of the car now.”

     Yukwon awoke to his mother shaking his arm and rubbed his eyes sleepily. He looked out the car window to see a small house with a front porch and a lawn right at the end of the street.
     Yukwon got out of the car and stretched, taking in a deep breath of the fresh air. Grinning, he followed his mother into their new home as she showed him around the house.

     “And this, is your new room. Anyway, I have to go run an errand now. I’ll be back soon and I’ll bring dinner so don’t worry. In the meantime, bring the cake on the dining table and say hello to our neighbours okay? There’s a boy who’s your age if I remember correctly, go make some new friends.”

     Giving her son a motherly smile, she left him to his own means as he plopped down onto his bed and started rolling around. She had spent the last week driving between Seoul and Gwangju to decorate their new home and make sure all their belongings got moved over. His mother had told him the news about moving to Gwangju a couple of weeks back and although he was unwilling and resentful about it at first, he eventually accepted the fact that he had no choice and that he really shouldn’t argue with his mother. Unless he was up for another earful of how he was making his mother’s life more difficult and he should be grateful that she was working hard to earn money to feed him. And so, he began packing up his belongings and before he knew it, he had said farewell to his friends and here he was in Gwangju.

     His mother, the Chief Operations Officer of Cheonsa Corporation, had moved to Gwangju with him to oversee the planning and building of a new shopping mall and hotel. She was a pretty good mother, except for the fact that she couldn’t cook to save her life. The last time she tried to whip up breakfast on his birthday, she nearly started a fire in their apartment. Feeling the need to take over the role of chef, Yukwon practiced his cooking skills and experimented with new recipes while his mother came home every night to enjoy dinner with her son. She was indeed loving towards him but she was a mysterious woman. Despite his countless questions towards her regarding his birth and father, she never gave him a straight answer. She would find her way out of it every single time even though Yukwon was sure he had her trapped and would succeed in his quest for an answer. Even when she was drunk, she would give him silly answers like how she met his father in Spain, Paris, Japan or whichever country she fancied and her description of him would differ depending on how she was feeling. When she was stressed, his father would be depicted as a horrendous man who abandoned his wife and son but when she was pleased, he would become a wonderful person who died in an unfortunate accident. Eventually, Yukwon adapted to the black hole in his mind that was his father and stopped asking.

     Deciding that it would benefit him to get to know his neighbours, he got off his bed and headed to the kitchen to pick up the cake before locking the front door with the key his mother had left for him. He took a slow stroll to the only house beside his and was surprised when the door opened even before he pressed the doorbell. A boy who looked to be around his age was standing there and he wore thick black framed glasses on his long face. Yukwon nodded his head slightly as he pushed the cake forward towards the boy.

     “Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Yukwon and I’m your new neighbour. This cake is for you.”

      “Ah annyeong. You don’t mind me speaking casually since we’re the same age right? My parents told me about you. I’m Kyung by the way.”

     Kyung reached out to accept the cake but as his hands made contact with Yukwon’s, his eyes flicked up to Yukwon’s with shock evident in his own. He turned around hurriedly and went back into the house, leaving Yukwon standing at the porch dumbfounded. Since Kyung had left the door wide open, Yukwon peeked into the house before cautiously entering. Kyung was seated at the sofa with a large worn book and furiously flipped the pages before stopping at one with cursive writing on it. Leaving the cake on the coffee table, Yukwon sat beside Kyung and leaned over to see what exactly Kyung was so concentrated on. To his surprise, it was a poem or riddle of sorts.

     With noble light and regal darkness, the time of Mido ends.

     Summer's breeze brings dangerous foes, as well as protective eyes.

     Questions answered when danger awaits, true calling brings newfound strength.

     Holding the key to break Mido's reign, the rightful ruler will choose to fight.

     Blood stained ground and warm hearts found, he who holds power will be torn between two.

     With true love’s kiss will he awake, bringing the break of dawn.

     Kyung suddenly shut the book with a loud thud, snapping Yukwon out of his own thoughts.

     “Y-you… You’re the one they’ve been waiting for…”

_________________________________________

hey sorry for the long wait!

but yeah, life happens.

so this chapter's pretty much just to introduce kwonnie's background.

and it took me forever to write the poem/ riddle but that basically summarizes the whole plot.

not that you guys should be able to intepret it yet.:p

more characters will be introduced in the next chapter but not zico/bbomb yet.):

_________________________________________

111130; t-ara; cry cry

baby can't you see the look in my eyes