Soup of love

Soup of Love

Normally he would have stayed as far away from the kitchen as physically possible, but his boyfriend was sick, and being the good loving boyfriend that he was he wanted to make soup for the love of his life, his perfect, adorable, precious Jinwoo bear. A soup made with all his love would surely be the best medicine for his precious. "Who's the best boyfriend? Yes I'm him!" Mino shouted, holding the stirring spoon as a mic, effectively splashing some soup over his feet and burning himself. Clearly he wasn't the smartest boyfriend. 

Just as he was cleaning up he heard a small groan coming from the bedroom. Rushing to the room quickly he saw Jinwoo trying to sit up, groaning from the effort as he was still weak. "Jinny boo are you feeling ok?" Mino asked, as he sat down besides his boyfriend and helped him to sit up. "Sleep some more if you're not feeling too well Jinny boo, don't stress yourself". 

"God Mino, I've told you a million times to not call me that, it sounds terrible" Jinwoo wheezed, as he made himself comfortable leaning back on the headrest.

"And I've told you every single time you've told me that, that you are my Jinny boo and will always be my Jinny boo and I will always call you Jinny boo, Jinny boo".

"Min please! At least listen to me and stop troubling me when I'm sick" Jinwoo pouted. 

"Ah! Not the pout! Not the pout!" Mino yelled covering his eyes. "Jinny boo you know I can't resist your pout!"

"I know! Now be a good boy and stop!" Jinwoo said, hitting Mino on the arm lightly and promptly going into a coughing fit, causing Mino to panic. 

"Ok, ok babe. I'll stop, just please don't stress yourself. Also, I made soup for you, let me go get it." Mino said causing Jinwoo to stop coughing and stare at his boyfriend, eyes wide. "You what?"

"I cooked! I made soup for you babe, are you proud of me?"

"Honestly, I'm more worried and a tad bit scared, but yes love, there are some faint undertones of proud there" Jinwoo deadpanned. 

"Oh come on babe don't be so mean to me".

"No, not mean, just telling the truth here. You can't kitchen love, and we both know it".

"Well I'm sure you will change your mind after trying it! I put all my love in it! My amazing Soup of love!" Mino said, as he walked out the room to get some soup, causing Jinwoo to groan. "Annoying and cheesy, such a terrible combo. What am I going to do with you?"

Mino quickly came back with a bowl and proudly shoved it in Jinwoo's face, almost breaking his nose in the process. "Here you go babe, eat up!"

"Really love, I would rather die due to sickness than due to food poisoning, no offense" Jinwoo muttered, staring at the suspicious looking, slightly burnt, congealed mass in the bowl. What the hell was this even.

"You hurt me babe, at least try a little" Mino said, being the one to pout this time. Jinwoo once again stared at the "soup" and then looked up at his pouting boyfriend. His precious idiot who had made this "soup" for him with so much love (and zero skill). Also, Jinwoo had never been able to resist Mino's pout either, he just hadn't made him aware of it. 

Sighing, Jinwoo picked up a spoonful, said a quick prayer, gulped it down.......and tried desperately to keep his face neutral as he tried to fight the gag reflex. Oh God he knew it, he was going to die! "So? Did you like it? I knew you would like it once you tasted it!" Mino babbled, completely missing Jinwoo trying extremely hard to keep the "soup" down. 

"So?" Mino was still looking at him expectantly, beautiful eyebrows disappearing in the hairline. Jinwoo thought of all the effort his idiot had put into this terrible soup, looked at his hopeful face, and just couldn't get himself to break Mino's heart. "It's not bad love, well done. Your love soup was a success, I can taste all your love".

Mino burst out laughing. "Soup of love babe, and now who's being cheesy?" he said smiling. 

Yep, Jinwoo thought, looking at his boyfriend's handsome smiling face, lying was definitely worth it. Now if only he could presuade him that he didn't really need to finish the damn soup....