I Hate Better-Than-You Dongsaeng

I Hate Maknaes

“PARK CHANYEOL, I SWEAR IF YOU DON’T GIVE ME MY ING PHONE!!!”

As tall as Chanyeol was, he wasn’t the most adept at maneuvering. Baekhyun had told him once before that his soul was put in a body that was 20cm too tall, and this was but yet another example for his case. As Chanyeol dodged into his room, the shorter but more agile boy on his heels, his socks caused him to lose traction on the laminate floor and he narrowly missed clipping his head on the edge of Kai’s footboard. Baekhyun refused to take prisoners and instead took the opportunity to jump him at the second Chanyeol tried to roll out of the way.

He held the device as far past his head as his arms could reach, Baekhyun squirming over him to try and reach it, dangerous regions brushing past each other.

“Easy there… if you want it… I’ll give it to you!”

“Then… give… it… to… me!”

One hand left the phone and quickly found its way to Baekhyun’s .

“I wasn’t talking about the phone.”

Baekhyun cursed at the low, sensual tone of Chanyeol’s voice, and at moan that had just escaped his own lips.

“You swear too much,” Chanyeol whispered, as he abandoned the phone and used his other hand to bring Baekhyun’s lips closer to his.

“And who’s had multiple TV segments not be aired because he sounded like a sailor?”

Chanyeol pecked him once.

“Did I mention you talk too much as well?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and let himself be taken in by his boyfriend.

Kisses went lower, clothes became scarcer, and need became greater. Somewhere in the midst, the floor had become the wall, and the wall the bed, but behind the lust sparking between them, Baekhyun felt that something needed to be addressed, and he realized what it was when he felt just how hard Chanyeol was pulling on the waistband of his pants, how roughly he was grabbing at Baekhyun’s , how much difficulty he was having keeping his hips still.

“Yeol…” he started, avoiding the eyes of the man below him.

“Hmmm?”

His breath tried to take hold in his throat, but he forced out the question, “How far did you want to go today…?”

Chanyeol’s eyes went from half-lidded to open, in that adorable, rounded way they did when he was taken off-guard. “Huh? I was, I mean… I figured you’d tell me when… you know.”

Baekhyun ran the inside of his lip through his teeth. “I’m sorry…”

His boyfriend’s eyes opened even wider. “What for?”

“I’m… I’m just still not…”

Chanyeol slghed; whether it was disappointment or relief he was unsure, but either way, it looked like the older man’s insecurities would have to be addressed again. “Baek. Look at me, Baek.” The man on top did as he was told, as Chanyeol laced his own fingers with his. “We’re taking things at the pace you feel comfortable, remember? Just because it’s the first time we’ve been alone doesn’t mean that changes, okay?” He would reassure him a thousand times, as long as it meant he knew that Chanyeol was fine with the fact that he wasn’t ready to take things past third base.

Fortunately, he got a nod in response.

“Good. Now kiss me,” he demanded, lightly puckering.

“Since when do you tell me what to do?”

“Since I changed the passcode on your phone.”

Baekhyun scowled. “What’s your problem with me and the phone, anyway?”

“The phone is merely an unfortunate victim,” Chanyeol replied, his pucker sliding into a pout. “You spend too much time talking to her.”

“By her you mean Taeyeon, not the phone, ri-“

Yes, I mean her!”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Again, Chanyeol, she’s just a friend!”

Chanyeol began to swing their still entwined arms back and forth. “I know, but still… A friend you’re pretending to date...”

Baekhyun freed one of his hands and poked him on the forehead, with a smile. “You keep doing this, you know.”

“What’d I do?” His pout became even deeper, and one of his eyebrows furrowed.

“You were fine when she and I made our little agreement, and then over time, you started having more and more complaints about it. And then you never tell me what you’re feeling until it starts to really bother you.”

Chanyeol took a second of introspection, but before he had a chance to reply, the sound of the main door being tried caused both boys to spring to the floor and quickly throw on their shirts, Chanyeol scrambling for his hat, and Baekhyun groping about for the couple’s bracelet he shared with Taeyeon.

“Can’t find the thingy!” he hissed.

“I’ll find it, just go!” Chanyeol replied, waving him out of the room.

“I’m back!” Kai yelled.

, too late.

He opened the bedroom door to find Baekhyun laying back on Chanyeol’s bed, Chanyeol at his desk in front of the computer, the two of them discussing the new track Chanyeol had been working on.

“Kai, don’t you think Chanyeol’s gonna get a chance to showcase one of his tracks soon?” Baekhyun asked of the man who had just walked in.

“Not gonna happen,” Chanyeol said flatly. Plus, I’m last priority, when it comes to Chen, Kyung-soo, and-“

“Forget them; Chen’s tracks aren’t half as good as yours, and all you need to do is throw some rap lyrics on top of yours, and they’ll be begging-“

“I can’t write lyrics worth -“

“That’s bull!”

Not at all interested in this intensifying debate, Jongin backed out of the room and closed the door gently.

“I’m hungry…” they could hear his fading voice complain as he shuffled toward the kitchen. They breathed a shared sigh of relief as Baekhyun finally spotted his bracelet on the floor and slid it back on his wrist.

“It’s time for me to head out to that photoshoot, so I’ll see you later, alright?”

“Mmhmm,” Chanyeol acknowledge, turning his head a bit to silently blow Baekhyun a kiss. A shy grin and a real kiss on the cheek were given to him as a reward, before Baekhyun left.



“Sehun? I thought you were doing a radio segment today.” Kai said, surprised to find Sehun sitting in the living area by himself. Opening and scanning the fridge, he sighed a bit when he didn’t see anything of interest.

“So did I,” Sehun replied, removing his headphones to acknowledge the second-to-maknae, “Scheduling error. Oh, Suho’s mom is sending a ton of food back with him; don’t eat anything.”

Although Kai was starving as only a 20-something world-famous lead dancer does, free food was free food, and he begrudgingly went to the sofa rather than the kitchen.

“Hey, how long have you been back, Sehun?” Baekhyun asked, on his way out the door.

“About an hour.”

Sehun didn’t miss the way his hyung looked away almost immediately. Baekhyun didn’t miss the maknae’s strangely intense eye contact.

“I-I’m headed out, so save me some food, cool?”

“Cool,” came the reply.

As the door shut, Kai jumped onto the other side of the sofa. He gave one suspicious glance at the door, then toward Sehun. “Aaanything interesting happen today?” he asked, pulling his laptop from the unceremonious position in which he’d left it, slightly sticking out from underneath the sofa.

Sehun gave one last look toward the door.

“Nothing interesting at all.”