Yifan's POV

After One Year

Yifan can’t believe that Junmyeon had moved on. Junmyeon loves him. It’s impossible that his heart change in a short time.

“Short time, Yifan? Are you serious? It’s been more than a year since you left him,” Luhan retaliates.

“A year is not that long Luhan.”

“So, how long do you expect for Junmyeon to wait before he finds someone that can replace you in his heart? Five years? Ten years? He’s lonely Yifan.” Luhan didn’t realize that he had raised his voice towards his best friend. But Yifan needs to wake up from his dream. He needs to realize that Junmyeon can’t wait for him forever, especially when he’s being all quiet. And Luhan cares for Junmyeon, so much.

“I just can’t believe how easy he forgets about our love”

“He never forgets,” Luhan’s voice soften.

“Then why did he….”

“You left Yifan. You left him. You left us!” Luhan shouts.

“You LEFT too!” Yifan is starting to lose his cool. It is clear to him that Luhan is taking sides.

“At least I told them,” Luhan replies as he takes his seat again. There’s no use in shouting and yelling at each other. He needs to be the matured one here.

Yifan hates to admit, but he knows that this is partially his fault. He left Junmyeon in the darkness. He stays quiet for the first few months. No calls, no messages, nothing at all. He didn’t know what’s going on in his mind when he purposely ignoring Junmyeon’s calls, hundreds of them. He read Junmyeon’s text messages, and then he deleted them. He finally determines to mend everything with Junmyeon when Luhan dropped the bomb just now. Junmyeon had found someone else to replace him in his heart.

“Why him Luhan?” Yifan asked.

“Why not? He was there for Junmyeon since you left. He silently took care of Junmyeon. Junmyeon never say anything but his presence is enough. He tried to make Junmyeon happy again. He let Junmyeon knows that someone will always be there for him, to catch him when he falls down.” Luhan looks at Yifan who seems to be calmer now.

“It’s not easy for them Yifan,” Luhan adds. “He knows that empty spot you left in Junmyeon’s heart can never be replaced, but he took the risk. He did what he knows best, be there for Junmyeon, all the time. And you should know that it’s even harder for Junmyeon. He loves you, so much. It’s hard for him to finally accept his feeling.”

Yifan looks at Luhan with a solemn face. “Why Junmyeon accepts him?”

“Because Junmyeon knows how well he will take care of him. He’s always there for Junmyeon during the first six months. They spent a lot of their time together. Junmyeon can see how caring he can be when it comes to Junmyeon. That’s why he’s willing to try. He called me before he made the decision, asking me if it’s okay if he accepts his feeling. If it’s okay to finally move on…from you.”

To say that Yifan is not shocked would be a lie. “Junmyeon called you?”

Luhan smiles. “Yes, he calls me every two weeks actually. Just to check on my health. That boy worries too much sometimes.”

“Why didn't you tell me?” 

“About what? That’s he’s been calling me? Why should I?” Yifan just want to wipe away that smirk on Luhan’s face.

“What did you tell him then?”

“To follow his heart,” and Yifan swears Luhan needs a punch on his pretty face.

It’s too late. Yifan knows that. He can’t be upset right now because it is indeed his own fault. He should've at least tried to contact Junmyeon, but he didn’t. 

“Do you still love him Yifan?” asked Luhan.

“Of course I do. And I know it’s too late to fix everything now. I was an idiot Luhan. I should’ve done something the moment I left. But I decided to stay quiet. I’m actually worried that he will be madly mad at me.”

“Yes he is.” said Luhan.

Yifan glares at Luhan before he continues “I want to give him some time to calm down, only then I’ll talk to him.”

“Then, why don’t you?”

“I was too busy with my movie. I have to go to Prague for the shooting. Then, I have to record my song and other promotional stuff. I lost my opportunity to talk to him and now….” Yifan rubs his face with his hands and let out a heavy sigh. “And now…he’s with someone else.”

“That ‘someone else’ is Yixing. Your best friend, our best friend. You know how he is. And it’s time for him to show his real feeling,” said Luhan.

“What do you mean?”

Luhan sighs before telling Yifan the truth. “Yixing has been in love with Junmyeon for years, Yifan. When he found out that you and Junmyeon love each other, he came to me. I think that was the first time that I saw him crying. He said that he’s guilty for having a feeling towards the one whom his best friend loves so much. He made a promise that he will do anything to make you and especially Junmyeon, happy. He sacrificed his happiness for you and Junmyeon.”

Yifan suddenly remembers all the past memories of the three of them. How Junmyeon will blush whenever Yixing teases them. Yixing’s unreadable expression whenever he looks at them. Yixing’s playfulness when he purposely put himself in between Yifan and Junmyeon. Everything about Yixing, Junmyeon and himself playing in his mind like a movie now.

Yifan knew right then and there that Junmyeon can be happy again, with Yixing by his side. He knows that beautiful smile now not only belongs to Junmyeon, but also Yixing’s. From Luhan’s story, Yixing makes Junmyeon smiles that beautiful smile again, something that Yifan used to proud of. Yixing makes him smile and laugh genuinely, like the old Junmyeon. And Yifan knows, Junmyeon is in good hands.





Yifan-ge Calling

“Hello. Yifan-ge?”

“Take care of him, Zhang Yixing.”