Chapter 9

Choose Me

Chen

Yesterday Hyoyeon said yes to be my wife, I still can't believe it. I informed my parents right after and we all decided to go visit Hyoyeon's father at the hospital. It was my first time meeting Yeonnie's father, and I was so embarrassed since I hadn't even introduced myself to him as her boyfriend but as her fiance. I was so nervous before going that I was sweating and my mom had to pull me to the side on the elevator to calm me down a bit. Hyoyeon was to go in her father's room first and talk to him about us coming to meet him. That's one of the things I admire about her, she's very caring. I can see in her eyes when she talks about her father how much she loves him, I hope when she talks about me someone sees that too.

After Yeonnie had talked to her dad, I went in with her and introduced myself. His dad was very nice, he looked really happy even though he is really sick. On the wall he had pictures of Hyoyeon, and of her mom who abandoned her when she was young. I noticed he had a box full of letters, they were all signed by Hyoyeon. Some letters were written in different ink, pink, blue, purple, green. I also noticed that the letters seemed worn down so it must have been while she was in America studying. If I got letters from Hyoyeon I would have also kept them. 

Hyoyeon's dad and I had a nice small chat. He asked me about what I did, and things of that sort. At the end he told me, "Hyoyeon is the most precious gift I have, I only hope that you treat her like a precious gift too. I don't think I could have ever died in peace knowing my little angel would stay behind alone. I feel at peace now, thank you for coming to visit me. I'm very happy your parents also came, I'm already sure you are good for my daughter but brining your parents made me like you even more. I will see you on the wedding day. Thank you so much for choosing my Hyoyeon" I have so much respect for him. Raising a daughter all on his own must have been hard but he sure did a good job. Seeing her dad like that, sick but yet happy, I only wish that my dad will also be as strong once his cancer worsens. I don't want Hyoyeon's father to leave like this though. I know money can't buy life, but I hope it can cure cancer.

While my parents went to talk to Hyoyeon's dad. Yeonnie went to buy her dad food, so I went to the financial offices of the hospital. I went through a lot of people and finally got to who I needed to talk to. I had a chat with my uncle, the boss of the hospital. We talked about my dad's cancer, and about Hyoyeon's father. My uncle knew who I was talking about and told me he was very strong and had been battling cancer for quite some time. I told him he was my now fiancee's father. He congratulated me and then he promised me he would give the best treatment to her father and to my father. I couldn't have been any happier.

Ever since Hyoyeon said yes to be my wife yesterday she's bee busy with my mom getting everything prepared for the wedding. They hired 5 wedding planners. Seriously, women and their planning. Everyone seems to be in such a hurry since weve decided to have the wedding in two weeks. Normal people would complain that things are going too fast, but I'm complaining because 2 weeks sounds like forever to me. I wouldn't mind just going to Vegas, but my family wouldn't like that and neither would Yeonnie. I miss her since she's been so busy lately but tonight we have a date and I am as happy as ever.

5:00 p.m

I'm picking up Yeonnie from the cake testing she had. I get to the cake shop and wait on the parking lot. Soon later my mom and my girl walk out and they both are smiling and laughing. It really makes me so happy they get along. I get out the car and walk to the passenger side. They spot me and walk to my now. My mom is the first to speak.

"Son, I hope you're not thinking of taking Hyoyeon to dinner, we are literally cake wasted!" She starts laughing and so does Yeonnie.

"Mom!!" I cringe. My mom is always trying to be cool. "It's my turn to spend time with my soon to be wife" I frown. 

"Oh yeah, sorry son! We've been so busy but I won't keep her from you much longer. Off you go Hyoyeon! You two love birds are so cute" She winks and blow me a kiss and then waves and walks away, towards her car. Hyoyeon runs to me with her hands open wide and hugs me. She buries her face on my chest and breathes me in. Then she looks at me.

"I missed you so much I thought I was going to die!" 

"You're so cute" I pinch her cheeks and make kissy faces at her. "I missed you more, now come on let's go I have something to show you" I open the door for her and wink.

"I love surprises!" Her eyes light up immediately, she'll love this surprise. I close her door and walk back to the drivers side and get it. I'm pretty confident about this surprise. 

After 40 minutes of driving we arrive at the beach. I blindfolded Hyoyeon as soon as I got in the car, so she has no clue where we're at right now. But she's been asking me the whole ride is we're there yet, it was really cute I must admit. 

"We're here. Don't move!" I get out the car and walk to the passenger side and open the door. I unbuckle her seatbelt, Hyoyeon is smiling, her eyes are covered by the blindfold and she looks so adorable. 

"Okay take my hand and get out the car baby" I take her hand and she steps out.

"My legs feel like jello! Haha I was sitting for a long time" She starts giggling and I follow her, her happiness is contagious.

"If your legs were jello, I would eat them. Now I'm going to bend down and you're going to get on my back okay?" I bend down.

"Kay!" I help her by guiding her with my hand and she gets on my back. I stand up and she's holding on tight, it's a nice feeling.

"When I tell you to, you can take off your blindfold okay? No peeking!" I start walking, I feel her breathing and it warms my heart even more. A  few more yards and we're finally there.

"Okay baby, take your blindfold off!" 

She takes her blindfold off and then adjusts her eyes and then gasps. 

 

 


Dun.. dun.. dun... cliffhanger!

what do you think happens next? 

comment what you think c:

p.s please upvote!

really appreciate it <3 updating soon okay!