let's play

Blank Space

Blank Space - Taylor Swift

 

 

I love the players and you love the games

 

It was a rollercoaster since college. She warned her before it started. It was a fairytale as the campus heartbreaker Kim Jae Joong actually stopped his player ways for months just to prove to her friend he was serious. It worked like a charm. Bad boy turned good by a girl. Christine wanted to pull her hair in frustration. Ana was of course flattered.

 

“I really didn’t mean any harm Tin.” Jae Joong even winked at her, arms securely fastened around the waist of his newest prize.

 

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin. I could show you incredible things.

 

Her darling friend beamed like she won the lottery and she’s just there to watch the whole daydream turn a nightmare. Christine had to bear nights where Ana would call and rave about her perfect date with Jae Joong. “It was so sweet of him to remember that I like fresh cherries! He bought me a whole basket.” She was telling her about their picnic somewhere in the outskirts of Seoul. “If this kept on I might give him everything.” Christine rolled her eyes; well that was too much information actually. Her boyfriend who was comfortably lounging on her bed even signaled her to end the call, “I am getting sick of this story.” Yunho told her when she ended the call.

 

Oh my god look at that face you look like my big mistake.

 

And as predicted the fairytale ended. It only lasted a month. Take Jae Joong to screw around and claim he was just in a group study. The parting was a disaster. Ana was hysteric. Jae Joong was furious. Jae Joong’s dorm room almost went in to flames. And after a heated angry , it ended. Christine found herself with an armful of Ana patting her head while she cried her heart out and cursed the world.

 

Love’s a game. Wanna play?

 

After months of “separation” Christine found Ana clinging on somebody new.

 

“He’s YiFan, he’s 2 years our junior but I don’t care. He’s nice.” She cooed at her 6’2ft basketball jock. Well this doesn’t look like a bad decision despite the age difference. The two were the new prince and princess, people were even happy for Ana.

 

It wasn’t until Yunho deeply sighed and announced that Jae Joong was being a green eyed monster and planning murders left and right. Christine questioned why the world gave her these people in her life.

 

So hey, let's be friends. I'm dying to see how this one ends

 

Christine didn’t really want anything to do with Jae Joong but the world was cruel. He was everywhere. Jae Joong was upset. It radiated from a mile. His dangerous aura even flared up when he sees the actual couple walking like they owned the park. YiFan and Ana were clueless. Christine observed, huge hands holding onto Ana possessively, she saw Jae Joong’s eyes narrowed in slits promising another tragedy.

 

Screaming. Crying. Perfect storms. I can make all the tables turn.

 

She was planning to surprise YiFan and pressured Christine to think of a good 5th monthsary gift. It was all good.

 

Until…

 

Ana caught YiFan making out with Park ChanYeol that tall, lanky, teeth rich, music major. It ended right then and there. Seriously what’s much painful than losing your boyfriend to another man? Luckily nothing was in flames and shattered. It was also VERY convenient of Jae Joong to be right there when it happened. The poor girl cried yet again, this time, in Jae Joong’s arms. Why are they suddenly friends again?

 

‘Cuz darling I am a nightmare dressed like a daydream

 

Jae Joong thought it was all good. Well it wasn’t. Christine and Yunho still stood at the background and watch another chase and inevitable disaster. Graduation came and still no original Prince and Princess. “It’s like, they~ are never, ever, ever getting back together!” Yunho actually had the gall to shake his hips like a girl and prance around the field they are currently spending their quality time together.

 

Boys only want love if it's torture.

 

Christine watched another man “I met him at my new work, Toma-san and I share so much together.” She told her over the phone; Christine could clearly imagine her with hearts in her eyes.

 

“She said what?” Jae Joong growled. “Mother , Yunho I am in a middle of something and I think my just shrunk.” He heard a frustrated moan from a girl and Yunho pushed the end call button so hard he might have broken his phone.

 

If the high was worth the pain. Got a long list of ex-lovers. They'll tell you I'm insane.

 

Dating became a past time. It was her revenge. She found out that Jae Joong was behind her discovering YiFan’s relationship with ChanYeol. He was also the one who “accidentally” deported Toma-san when he reported about ia and even got videos to prove it.  Basically everything was a disaster thank you Jae Joong.

 

Cause we're young and we're reckless

 

Eventually someone got fed up. “Finally.” Christine threw her arms in the air when Jae Joong announced his defeat. “Are you going to give up?”

 

“Yes. I might not say that the guy she’s currently dating is a distant cousin of hers.”

 

Christine wondered if Jae Joong was part of the CIA or some underground mafia.

 

But I got a blank space baby

 

It was just a good week with Daito when her parents frowned and showed her a picture of him and Daito in diapers playing in the sand. It was amusing as she was not that hurt. She even called for a celebratory dinner for being single again. Jae Joong got drunk. She got drunk. Christine and Yunho were such good friends and dropped them to a nearby motel and requested the staff to lock them in and made sure the building was insured for any disasters.

 

It wasn’t at all a happy ending but they did got together again. Jae Joong still sleeps with other girls. Ana still dates. But at the end of the day they still have each other. It was tragically beautiful love and Disney Princesses will be cursing them in their graves.

 

Ah love. Christine sighed deeply as her phone rang at 2AM and its Ana probably going to rant about Jae Joong’s just another girl.


And I'll write your name.