The crib

Reality Bites

Megan's POV

I can't believe this day is already here. Amanda and I have talked about it for years. I got out of the Marine Corps about 6 months ago. Don't get me wrong, I miss it a lot. I met a lot of good friends and some extraordinary people. I couldn't continue my service due to an ankle injury. I ruptured 2 ligaments, 2 tendons, tore 3 muscles, and fractured my foot, how did I do that you may ask... Well that's a story for a different day. 

I'm pretty accustomed to living on my own. I've done it for the past four years. My cousin has never lived on her own, so of course when she asked me to move in I was very happy to oblige. We moved to the south side of town, it's not really the best part of the neighborhood. It's perfect for the two of us, her cat Cammy, and my German Shepard named Percy. One big happy family.  

"Hey Dad!" I said as I parked my blue 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. "Thanks for helping us move." I smiled. I loved my dad. He was really all I had besides my cousins Amanda and Kailey. I have a step family but I'm not close to them. "Amanda is on her way. She had some stuff to do at Aunt Na's." I said to him as I walked to the back of my truck. I take after my dad. He's my role model. I get my blonde hair and blue eyes from him. My athletic abilities, military fondness, and everything else far and inbetween. I'm not really close with my birth mother. She bailed when I was younger. She came around every once and a while but not enough for her to be a stand up parent. Drugs were more important to her. I also have 2 sisters and a half brother. Im not close to my sisters due to their inability to make a good decison in their pitiful lifes. However they both gave me a total of 6 nephews to love. My dad had to take custody of two of them because my sister Linda abandoned them and moved to Alabama. Crazy right. My sister Kelly is just stupid. She ran away several times as a teenager and eventually wound up pregnant and in Jail. My half brother Michael, well I havent seen him since I was little. He's in prison. You could say my family is a little crazy. I blame this on my mom and setting a horrible example for her kids. Luckily I lived with my dad my whole life and my mom only lived with him until I was 4. My dad is the best. I believe that if my siblings would of been raised by him like I was. I think a big part of that was Kailey and Amanda too. They were always there, acting as my big sisters. 

 My dad and I started unloading the contents of the truck, just in time for Amanda to show up. "Menguin, let me help!" Panda said as she skipped along the sidewalk. It's only a dresser...I can get it out myself. "Panda, I got it. I don't want you to get hurt." I said as I started pulling out the dresser from the truck. After I got it to a good enough point that it wouldn't hurt her, I moved to the end that was still in the truck. "Okay, are you ready?" I asked as she positoned herself in a good place to pick up the dresser. "Ready!" She said as she put her fist in the air. We picked up the dresser and moved it into the house. 

Luckily, My dad was there to help us out. He had already got the rest of the furniture out of the truck by the time we finally got the dresser inside. "Alright Megs, I'm leaving. I'll see you soon." My dad said as he kissed me on the forehead and left. We walked into a chaotic mess that we were going to have to undo. "Panda. You know what time it is?" I asked as I held my Ipod in the air. "OH YEAH!" She shouted and started dancing. I plugged the Ipod in and Kpop started blasting through our surround sound. More specifically BTS, I need you. 

Percy started barking and chasing Cammy. He hasn't met a cat before so im sure hes not use to it. "PERCIUS YOU BETTER STOP RIGHT NOW!" I yelled and he obeyed. I got Percy when he was young. He's my service dog. Percy was a rescue. I found him nearly starving to death at the ocean. He was only 2 months old it seemed. I think he was abandoned, because he was left in a cardboard box with nothing to keep him warm. This is why I gave him the name Percy, or Percius when hes being bad. What better to name him. Percy was a demigod. Son of Posideon. I thought it was a perfect name. 

Amanda and I started organizing and moving the furniture around. The master room was Amanda's and I took the guest room because it had a door to the backyard, and I didn't feel comfortable with her being in there. I'm trained in martial arts, so If someone was to try and break in I would be able to stop it. Amanda would probably grab the closest thing to her and throw it. I'm not trying to sound mean but a fly is more threatining. Unless she sees one of her many "husbands" on T.V. then she will break things from excitement. 

I walked to my room and started hanging up picture frames. I hung up my favorite picture which was when I was in the Marines. It was my room mate and I shooting guns at the range. She was a welder. Her name is Charmayne Nelson or Charmander. She was short like me and had an Arizona tan that I could only wish for.  I also hung up pictures of Amanda, her sister Kailey, and I. We have been close for a while. I couldn't ask for better cousins. They are more like sisters. I looked at the pictures that hang on my applemint green walls. 

My room wasn't the biggest, but it was big enough to store my queen size bed, desk, and dresser. I won't be in it most of the time except to sleep and study. I'm studying to be a Nurse. I decided to be a nurse after my 3rd ankle surgery. The nurse who helped me when I was getting my surgery inspired me. She made me feel at home and helped me calm down my nervousness. It being so far away from my family and having to go through all that on my own. I had charmayne, but she worked and stuff so the majority of the time I was on my own. My time consisted of watching documentaries and playing Minecraft. 

"Menguin!!!!" Amanda yelled. I ran out of my room to the panicing Panda that was waiting for me. "THERE IS A BUTTERFLY IN THE HOUSE....KILL IT!!!!!!!" She yelled as she waved an umbrella back and forth. "Amanda, chill out. I got it!"  I caught the butterfly in a jar and took it outside to be free. "Come on Percy." I said as I put him on a chain in the backyard so he can do his buisness. "Good boy!" I cooed as I rubbed his head. I waited patiently for him to do the deed. When he was done I took him off the chain and let him run to the door.

"Panda!" I yelled out and waited for a response. Nothing... I walked to the room to a much expected dancing Panda jamming out to music. "What do you want for dinner?" I asked. "I dont care." Amanda replied. "Spaghetti it is...." I said and walked back to the kitchen. I got out one pot and one pan. One for the sauce and one for the noodles. I filled up one pot with water and the pan with meat. As the meat began browning and the water started boiling, I placed the noodles in the pot and started cutting up garlic and oregeno for the sauce. I drained the meet and put in the tomato sauce with the meat. After the noodles were done, I of course did a taste test to make sure they were perfect. I placed the pot and pan on our table along with 2 plates and silver ware. I grabbed a Not Your Fathers Root Beer and a glass of Arbor mist on the table. "PANDA! DINNERS DONE!" I shouted. Percy and Cammy must of agreed and starred up at me with hopeful eyes that I'd give them some table scraps. I began putting food on my plate to be interupted by Percy's whinning. "Fine you mooch." I grabbed his dog bowl and put some of the delicious spaghetti into it.  "Really Megan...." Amanda said. "You should of known...It's my favorite." I said with a devious smile. 

We sat in silence and ate our food. "You got dishes" I said as I walked to the bathroom and showered. Amanda hates to clean. I don't mind. I usually get talked into doing it. I love Amanda. Shes my best friend. She knows how to talk me into doing anything. She's crazy, but she's awesome so its okay. We've always talked about this day for as long as I remember. I can't believe its already here. Even though we don't live in the best part of town. It's still our home and I am okay with that. I wish someone would try and break in. They will meet Pain and Justice (My fists names... hehe) followed by a nice taze or two. Just want to put it out there that CHALLENGE ACCEPTED CREEPS! (Sorry I am a bit of a crazy pants.)