"anyone can drive"... really?

[free]FALL for You

 

Everyone agrees that Eeteuk’s driving is not the best there ever was. 

“If you want a theme park ride, bump car perhaps, then you can get all that excitement here for free!” mocked Heechul, in a salesperson’s voice. “Be Teukie’s test passenger for free and we guarantee that you’ll experience a bump car ride that you’ve never experience before… just make sure that your insurance is ready.”

Everyone burst out laughing, Siwon was already sprawled on the floor, and even Kibum. For once, he wasn’t sleeping during one of the SBO meetings.

 

In the end they didn’t finish any work.

“Bummie!” called Heechul in a sing-song voice when he opened the door. “You’re BEST friend is here to fetch you.” Kibum just nod and was the first to leave.

“Wow. You guys seem inseparable since our school’s soccer team became champion.” Heechul teased.

Kibum glared at him while Donghae placed an arm over Kibum’s shoulders.

“Bye hyung.” He said then closed the door behind them.

When the door was closed in front him, Heechul cuddled to Siwon. “Siwonnie let’s go home too. I’m hungry.” He said in a cute voice, with a pout.

“Whatever you say Mr. President.” Siwon said and kissed Heechul on the forehead. They all took their bags and left.

“Do you still have driving lessons today?” Siwon asked, with Heechul clinging to him.

“It’s already afternoon Siwon.” Eeteuk rolled his eyes.

“Well you could still have driving lessons without the driving part.” Heechul said with a smirk.

Eeteuk blushed. Since his first day of driving lessons, Eeteuk was drawn to his instructor, maybe it’s because of the fact that he is the only driving instructor that still believes in him?

“WE have mock exams to prepare for Heechul, unlike some of us who play ‘house’, I study.” He glared at Heechul who just stuck his tongue out.

 

*~*~*~*

“Sorry.” Eeteuk said in a low, sad voice with his head down and his hands still on the steering wheel. “You can just give up on me if you want to.” His session for Saturday has ended and although he can move the car forward without feeling nervous and most importantly without killing the engine in the middle of the lesson, he still needs LOTS of improvement.

 

Some of the students who were also taking their driving lessons laughed at him. Eeteuk got out of the car, gave a bow and headed for the exit still with his head down. His instructor came running after him and placed a hand over his slumped shoulder.

“How many times do I have to tell you ‘don’t let others get to you’?” Kangin, his patient instructor said. “C’mon I’ll go treat you something.” He said when he saw Eeteuk’s disheartened expression and ruffled his hair.

 

 

Kangin, ever since he taught Eeteuk, never showed annoyance, irritation, frustration or fear when their lessons started. He is different from the others who either gave up midway or on the first day or even knowing that Eeteuk would take lessons. He always tries to boost Eeteuk’s self-esteem, always patient with him and never yelled at him and those things never fail to make Eeteuk’s heart beat like crazy.

“You’re not failing deliberately, right?” Kangin’s words sent Eeteuk back to reality. They were eating burgers and fries at a fast food restaurant.

“Huh?” obviously Eeteuk was spacing out.

“You’re so cute.” Kangin muttered.

“Huh? What did you say?” Eeteuk’s mind became blank.

Kangin laughed at him. “Nothing just finished your food.”

Eeteuk nod and hesitantly went back to eating. Did Kangin just say he was cute? He wanted to clarify it but was too shy to.

 

“See you tomorrow, ‘kay? Cheer up.” Kangin said ruffling Eeteuk’s hair and to Eeteuk’s surprise Kangin lightly, adorably pinched his cheek. Eeteuk was high up in the clouds all through the night even on the next day before their lesson begun. As usual, it didn’t ended well but now Eeteuk could park with the car’s end first – although it took what seems like forever but they did it nevertheless.

 

“Early dinner?” Kangin suggested. Their ‘early dinners’ have frequented Eeteuk realized and made him think silly thinks – whether Kangin has the hots for him or he’s just being a kind instructor and he likes to think of the former.

 

 

That night something happened that could change whatever relationship they have…

Instead of the usual fast food restaurant they went to a ramen house and drank beer. Despite how many times Eeteuk would mentally tell himself that he still have classes the next day he got himself drunk anyway and Kangin had to drive him home.

“Eeteuk, Eeteuk.” Called Kangin in a soft voice, as he woke him up, he was leaning really close to Eeteuk, enough to kiss him.

“You… really are… so cute.” He whispered huskily and stole Eeteuk’s first kiss! Kangin retracted back before Eeteuk could fully open his eyes and comprehend what’s happening.

“Where am I?” he asked groggily.

“In front your house. Sorry I got you drunk.” Replied Kangin.

Eeteuk propped up and hit his head. “Ow.” He muttered and scampered out of the car. “Thanks for the treat, sorry to have caused you trouble.” He said sheepishly.

“No trouble at all, it’s sort of like my bad to begin with. Anyway get in now.” Kangin said and started the ignition.

“Kangin hyung.” Eeteuk leaned on the window.

Kangin looked at him questioningly, “Yes?”

“I like you… haha (in that high-pitched voice) I must really be in the influence of alcohol to say a silly think like this. (high-pitched laugh again) after all we’re both guys.”

“Eeteuk … lean a little closer.” Kangin instructed, Eeteuk followed, his head was already inside the car.

“What?” the groggy Eeteuk asked, and then a pair of lips suddenly crushed against his, kissing him fervently. With alcohol mixed with his rationality he kissed back, welcomed Kangin’s exploring tongue and had liked the feeling of Kangin’s taste within him.

“Goodnight.” Kangin whispered and bit his lower lip.  

Eeteuk dragged himself inside and watched Kangin’s car vanish towards the distance before getting in. 

 

*~*~*~*

Eeteuk’s head ached due to the hangover and Heechul’s making it worse.

“WHAT! You made out with your instructor?!” yelled Heechul.

Eeteuk jumped to his feet and placed a hand over Heechul’s mouth.

“Wow… maybe you should use the megaphone.” He said sarcastically. “WE didn’t make out! We just kissed… well at least I thought we kissed.”

The rest of the student council eyed him. “I was drunk!” he said defensively flailing his arms in the air.

“Ask him then.” Siwon said, feeding Heechul with grapes.

“Yeah, maybe you could ask Kibum here for some advice.” Said Heechul, enjoying the special treatment given by his lover.

“What? Why am I suddenly included?” asked Kibum who just woke up from his nap.

“Well at least he doesn’t have the same conviction as you once did, but he’s such a chicken like you were.”

“I was not a chicken and am not.”

“Fine, playing hard-to get then.” Heechul smirked.

Kibum glared. “Fine! Eeteuk hyung, go ask that guy bottling everything inside will complicate things and you really don’t want Heechul hyung breathing behind your neck. Trust me on this.” Kibum said sternly making Heechul laugh.

“Whatever… can we just begin with today’s meeting?” Eeteuk said, lethargic.

 

*~*~*~*~*

Eeteuk decided to go to the DMV anyway, he still has some papers that need to be passed. After passing his papers he heard Kangin’s voice and made his feet rooted to the ground.

“Kangin-sshi, how’s that pupil of yours? That kid that is a living disaster?” asked a fellow instructor.

“He’s not a living disaster.” Kangin said flatly.

“Sure, but really how many times can a person fail? He’s like an object destined to free fall well in this case, free fail.” Said another fellow instructor and everyone laughed. Eeteuk was well hidden so they didn’t see him.

“Aren’t you tired of teaching him the same things over and over? Just give up!”

“Yeah it’s a bit tiresome.”

Eeteuk thought his heart would break.

“He really has a hard head.”

Eeteuk couldn’t stand it, he turned around and left, sad tears trailing down his cheeks.

 

 

Eeteuk missed two weekends of his driving lessons. Kangin was worried and decided to confront him in school.

 

A black car was parked in front the school gate, at the sight of it, Eeteuk started to retreat then a guy came out from the car. “Eeteuk!” Kangin called.

Heechul, Siwon, Kibum and Donghae turned towards Eeteuk’s back.

“Teukie, that bully-looking guy is calling for you.” Heechul said, pointing at Kangin.

Kibum stared continuously at Kangin, scrutinizing him.

“Oi! What are you staring at?” the jealous Donghae asked, and gave Kibum a nudge.

“He’s Teukie hyung’s driving instructor.” Muttered Kibum, Eeteuk’s back went hard.

A huge, playful smile spread across Heechul’s face. “Siwon, let’s go. The both of you – go!” he ordered and pushed them pass Kangin. “He’s all yours.” He said to Kangin with a wink.

“Ah! You’re leaving me behind?” Eeteuk finally said something.

“Just come after you’re done here.” Heechul answered, waving goodbye.

Kangin moved closer since Eeteuk won’t. “Where were you? Have you given up?”

“Yes.” Flat answer.

“I told you not to let those…”

“I know! It’s your words that got through me… you’re tired of me too so why don’t we just call it quits?”

“You didn’t hear the rest of what I said. Why do you people always leave in the middle of things?” Kangin sounded annoyed, and combed his hair with his hand. “It’s a bit tiresome and you’re hard headed but if it means spending more time with you then I would gladly hope that you learn slower.”

“Yeah right…” Eeteuk sulked.

Kangin laughed and moved a few more inches closer.

“It’s true. As true and real as that kiss.” He said as he moved closer still. Eeteuk looked up, his eyes wide with surprise. Kangin planted a soft kiss on his forehead.

“You were drunk. I wasn’t” another kiss on the bridge of Eeteuk’s nose.

“It’s not a dream this time, that kiss was real.” A kiss trailing down his neck, making Eeteuk shiver.

“What makes you think… I was dreaming of it?” Eeteuk tried to control his senses and his insane heart.

“Coz of your expression, you’re quite easy to read.” A few teasing kisses on the lips.

“Do you really have no intention of continuing with your lessons? It was lonely without you around.”

Eeteuk nodded.

“I’d go crazy from missing you! Won’t you miss me?” another kiss, a lingering kiss.

“Then fetch me. Take me home every day, starting now.” Tired of all the teasers Eeteuk crushed his lips against Kangin, kissing him like that night. Kangin pushed him away.

 

 

“Don’t you have to go somewhere tonight?” he had that playful look on his face.

“They’ll understand.” Eeteuk was breathless.

“Then let’s finish this someplace else. You still got a lot of stuff to learn… Starting with breathing.”  

 

 

A/N: there's a second ending. click 'Next' to read it ^_^