Turn On, Turn Off

Turn On, Turn Off

Minho and Jinki often (and thankfully) find themselves alone in the dorm together but tonight, something feels off. Minho realises that it has been awfully quiet at the dinner table. Still, it’s a comfortable silence and so, he only decides to end it when they’re just about done with dinner.

“Hyung.”

“Mmhm?”

“You look like you have something to say?”

Jinki falls silent as he looks thoughtfully at Minho. When Minho blinks at him amused, he shrugs.

“Just have a question for you actually.”

“What is it?”

“What do you think of Jjong’s solo?” Jinki asks and goes on to add, “And Taemin’s too?”

“They’re great... I guess?” Minho replies, sounding more confused than certain of his answer, “I mean, I’m proud of what they’ve achieved...”

Jinki shakes his head, “No, not that... What I’m asking is, well... You know...”

When Minho ends up looking so bemused, Jinki lets out a breath and takes a moment to form his thoughts into a coherent sentence before he finally speaks again.

“Basically...” Jinki takes in a deep breath and then reveals what has been on his mind, “I’m asking if watching them perform live at Music Core turns you on?”

The seconds tick by as Minho processes Jinki’s seemingly random question. As soon as he understands what Jinki wants to know, a disgusted look appears on Minho’s face.

“Ew, hyung, no. It’s Jonghyun hyung... and Taeminnie.” Minho pretends to gag, “It’ll feel like , which, just to be clear, I’m absolutely not into...”

All of a sudden, Minho’s eyes widen in shock as a thought suddenly strikes him.

“Wait, are you?”

Jinki blinks; it’s his turn to be confused.

“Am I what?”

“Into ?” Minho questions, turning cautious as he continues, “Is that why you’re asking? Because you’re by Jonghyun hyung and Taem?”

“What?! No! Of course not!” Waving his hands wildly in the air, Jinki quickly denies any attraction to his other bandmates, “I’m just wondering if you find their solo stages y, that’s all.”

“No...” Minho doesn’t think the matter is that straightforward, “It can’t be this simple.”

Jinki fidgets uncomfortably in his seat, having an ominous feeling that Minho will see right through him (like he always does).

“Wait a second...” A smile tugs on Minho’s lips as he figures out what may have led to this discussion, “Are you worried that I’ll be attracted to them?”

“No...” Jinki guiltily avoids Minho’s eyes.

“It is, isn’t it?” Minho grins as he coos, “Aww hyung, I may love the others a lot but if you don’t already know, I’ll always be your biggest fan. All you have to do is breathe and I’ll find you y.”

When Jinki accidentally meets Minho’s eyes, the younger manages to sneak a wink at him.

“You’re telling me...” Jinki shakes his head with a laugh, “Just by sitting across you right now, you’re ?”

Minho smiles, “I could be... Seriously hyung, have you seen yourself in the mirror? Anyone with eyes would be ready to pounce on you.”

“You’re doing it again...” Jinki frowns adorably.

“What?”

“Making me sound like I’m irresistible.”

“You are though.” Minho says, “You just don’t know it.”

“Wow, they’re right.” Jinki comments incredulously.

“Who’s right?”

“Whoever said love is blind.”

Minho raises his eyebrows, “So you do know that I’m in love with you?”

“Wh- what?” Jinki stutters.

“Hyung, just keep that in mind the next time you think I’m attracted to someone else other than you alright?”

With Minho looking at him with such a serious expression, Jinki can only nod like any obedient child.

“Great.” Standing up, Minho leans over the table and steals a kiss from Jinki’s lips, “Now let’s quickly clear this and do the dishes together so I can show you what I find y.”