Finally!

Leeteuk's Day Off (one shot)

Kim Taeyeon puffed her cheeks.

Lazing up in an early morning setting definitely didn’t sound any fun at all. She was just there at the carpet in the living room, face up on the ceiling, staring at the mini cobwebs forming at the sides of the mini chandelier, haven’t eaten a single thing, and left behind all by her snsd sisters due to schedules. Jessica, Yoona, Yuri and Sooyoung had a scheduled photo shoot, Sunny, Hyoyeon, and tiffany were having a taping at an afternoon variety show, and the beautiful maknae seohyun just went to school to catch up with her classes. Taeyeon sighed. She was so used to being prepped up with so many activities that a day without one appeared almost weird. She could have cooked but she had no food. Maybe an afternoon stroll later would suffice. Maybe a girl donning a cap and shades wouldn’t seem too mysterious.

Manager oppa told her just to rest which was undoubtedly funny because she was the only one in her girl group without any schedule. Should she just take this as a blessing since they were then busy debuting a new album? The Boys album was definitely a hit ever since the image trailers came up. Taeyeon crossed her arms and thought of any things to do for the day. maybe she should just clean her room she’s currently sharing with sunny, since the latter would appreciate a cleaner area. Not that Sunny is a clean freak. She would want a suitable place too.

Thinking about cleanliness reminded her all of a sudden about whiteness. And the connection of whiteness to no other than her boyfriend leeteuk. Taeyeon puffed her cheeks again. for once, she should stop comparing him to a white toilet.

 

Leeteuk.

 

Since leeteuk had been busy doing every promotions for his fifth album with super junior, taeyeon didn’t get to see much of her main man ever since. Only a couple of texts and calls every now and then, where the guy would frequently ask about her day. it became a routine all right, but she just missed him so much that even a single text would get her excited.  A single text would do since leeteuk’s schedule became so intense with so much projects lately.  He’s got hello baby with Sistar, a temporary main mc slot for star king, dj-ing at sukira, mc-ing for other shows, we got married with Kang Sora, etc. Taeyeon shook her head. The schedule was really too much for her to handle.

They almost got into a fight, but taeyeon cannot really contradict leeteuk’s career because it was all planned for him. He’s going to the military next year when SS4 finishes all.

But can she consider it? only months left and all she could do was just to watch him at the television shows spending time with other women. She couldn’t even afford to spend five minutes looking at his shows without being jealous with her snsd sisters making a fun out of it.

aiyoo, unni’s eyes look red!” sooyoung pointed at her one evening, when she and yoona were watching the second episode of Hello Baby Season 4 from the television situated at their living room. taeyeon made a slight grunt but resumed to look at the television otherwise.

unni.

Booya?” taeyeon asked Yoona.

“ever wonder why teukie oppa likes Kyumin so much?”

“no.”

Taeyeon’s eyebrows cringe when Yoona started to laugh. It was the ungraceful laugh that she kept complaining to her everytime she would tell her flaws on tapings. She hit Yoona’s lap with a palm.

yah, what are you trying to tell me?”

“Kyumin looks like you, no wonder oppa likes being with the baby.” Yoona pointed to the screen when the two year old was making an evil smile in front of leeteuk.

aiyoo, I can see the resemblance too!” sooyoung said. “unni, maybe Kyumin’s your lost baby? How old are you guys together, three years?makes sense!”

Taeyeon hit her with a palm too.

pabo.” She cussed, definitely in awe of her groupmates’ vulgarity.

 

RRING!

“what the--” Taeyeon’s wandering mind shifted back to reality upon hearing the buzzer in action. With a scratch to the head and a curious mark on the face, the kid leader opted to head for the front door.

 

When she opened the door, Taeyeon could tell her heart had stopped since then. If hearts could really stop and be arrhythmic for a while, it could be it.

“hi baby.” Leeteuk waved a hand and a plastic bag at the other.

Was she really seeing him? Taeyeon’s eyebrows formed into a slight frown. Maybe she could squint to check if she’s losing her visuals.

“not expecting to see me?” taeyeon realized that she still has 20/20 vision when leeteuk’s dimple showed up. She then poked his chest with a dainty finger, expecting a response.

“ah real.” she smiled. leeteuk raised a brow and closed the door behind him.

“I’m real am I not?” he kidded as he went to place his white sneakers on the rug. Taeyeon immediately handed him a pair of guest slippers her manager oppa used to wear.

oppa, no one’s home.”

“yes, I know.”

He placed his groceries on the sink situated near the entrance door with taeyeon gaping in curiosity.

 “how do you?”

“manager hyung.” Leeteuk replied without hesitation. “you know I’m really close to your manager. Have you eaten? I guess not?”

Taeyeon shook her head.

“that’s great. I bought you food. Bread is okay? I was supposed to bring rice but I guess you’re on a strict diet.”

Taeyeon nodded and took a piece of bread from the brown bag that leeteuk pushed towards her direction. Obeying his instincts, leeteuk took out a jam from the refrigerator and handed it all out to her. but there appeared something with taeyeon that made him dart quickly to her, removing away the bag.

aigoo, taengoo how come you’ve become so thinner.” He was observing her, his face seemingly fresh from a minty scented after shave just a few inches from her face. taeyeon focused at leeteuk’s eyes. she can tell that they were of most concern, even if some fine lines around it could tell how tired he is from the on-going shows and lack of sleep.

oppa, you should just have slept.” she blurted with full. Leeteuk wrinkled his nose and moved away looking at his watch.

“mmm… I can stay here until I have to leave for Sukira.” He said. twelve hours. Leeteuk would stay for twelve hours. Taeyeon didn’t know how to react. Twelve hours will be long enough for them to talk about anything. She could imagine herself telling him her excitement with her new album as well as their world tour to other countries and promotions too.

Instead of saying another word, she just resumed eating with a contented look on her face.

 “oppa’s talking how thinner I’ve become, look at yourself too.” taeyeon took notice of his arm when leeteuk sat beside her, helping himself to a piece of croissant.

“I’m going to exercise again, we’re having super show 4, I have to look good on the VCR.” He laughed. Taeyeon made a slight groan. she had forgotten that he will start SS4 in November. another activity that will make him distant to her, for sure.

But like what the management said, always catch the fish.

“I already have a copy of your magazine.” He changed the topic.

“what magazine?”

“the one where you were wearing a blue shirt and white shorts.” Leeteuk said. taeyeon could tell he was uncomfortable with it.

“what about it?”

“nothing.” He said, trying to be composed. “are you really going to keep that image?”

“I’m the oldest in snsd, I have to be.” She said.

“fine then.”

“you’re jealous.” Taeyeon suddenly said. she didn’t know why on earth she was able to say such thing now that they hardly see each other. “I mean—“

“don’t boyfriends get jealous?” leeteuk smiled. “seeing guys drool over you, exposing your belly and legs all the way in a spread?”

He bit his lip and pinched taeyeon’s cheek.

“its up to you if you want to maintain that image, I just want you to be careful. I don’t want to happen that almost kidnapping incident overseas, araso?” he said in a warning but calm tone. taeyeon nodded as leeteuk pushed the brown bag full of bread towards her.

“I’ll be careful oppa, don’t worry.”

“okay then.” He said. “eat your breakfast.”

////////////

“will the dimple couple prevail? We will find out after the commercial of We got Married, stay tune!”

Taeyeon pursed her lips and changed the channel to cartoon network. She could see leeteuk turning his attention to the television after a recent call with his manager.

“you changed channels?”

“its commercial.” Taeyeon said. it was almost two in the afternoon. Taeyeon made a mental checklist of what they did for four hours. After she had eaten breakfast with him, he helped her clean the room she shared with Sunny, changed the sheets, etc. he had even volunteered to do the laundry much to her embarrassment. There was an exchange of talks. Leeteuk talked about his album promotions while she told him hers. It was a feeling of mutual excitement. The two of them really wanted to have personal growth with the group.

Now that it was almost two and a time to rest a bit from mopping the floor, leeteuk suggested her to watch the replay of his current show with actress Kang Sora.

Dimple couple, she thought to herself while sitting cross legged on the floor with leeteuk. Now why on earth didn’t she was born with a set of deep dimples?

Aigoo, why am I thinking about this, this is just a show, she thought again. taeyeon really didn’t have any idea why watching leeteuk with other women could make her feel restless. She knew that leeteuk was just acting the awkward, childish and funny part. Park Jungsu in real life is serious and mature. Even his super junior members could testify. How on earth could he handle the members if he was childish himself?

“taeng.” Leeteuk said. taeyeon looked at him with a pout on the face. “why?”

“nothing.”

Leeteuk closed his phone and situated himself near her.

“if I’m not an snsd member, or an actress like her, will you still fall for me?” she asked.

“what are you talking about?”

“well, she’s perfect, that virtual wife of yours is really pretty.” She said. “and you have a baby where I don’t have any idea why my girls kept teasing that I have resemblance with, and another four mothers. I guess the management really didn’t want to expose us after we told them were dating that’s why they set you up with different shows and women to avoid us getting into scandals. Well, congratulations for that because your shows diverted the attention away from our relationship.”

Leeteuk looked at her in concern.

“so are you saying that its better that I have shows with women so that the media wouldn’t focus the attention on us?” he asked.

“that’s the catch, right?” she said quietly. “it would really cause much trouble in the agency if we go out publicly. Don’t take the blame for that. its fine with me. at least I get to expose the duck bag in Running Man.”

She suddenly grinned and started hitting his lap like she usually does to other people.

“Duck in Running Man.” Leeteuk repeated. His worried expression changed suddenly in to a smile. “I think a few only noticed that we have another same accessory.”

“If they found out that you gave that to me you will cause another hype.” Taeyeon supported her cheek with a palm as her elbow rested on the couch. She sighed as leeteuk imitated her position, his face again almost inches away from hers.

With leeteuk looking every centimeter amazing from his gray long polo shirt and black slacks, taeyeon looked just like a rebellious teenager in white loose v-neck top and black shorts.

“don’t get big headed.” Taeyeon said, locking her eyes with his. “but I miss you.”

“I miss you more.”

aigoo, how could you even miss me when most of your time you’re doing a show?” taeyeon rolled her eyes. then her stern voice suddenly turned soft.“but I am happy you’re here. you can see my desperation carrying a duck bag in tv.”

“taeng...” leeteuk said, obviously touched by her statement.

He leaned towards her and planted a kiss to the tip of her nose. Taeyeon closed her eyes from the gesture, smiled and shifted the channel back to We Got Married.

 Leeteuk placed a hand on her arm as if signaling her to stop.

“hey, you don’t have to watch that if you don’t want to.”

“ let me just see if you’re a good husband so I can plan whether to marry you or not.” she said.

She was laughing while yanking her arm free but Leeteuk shook his head and tightened his grip.

“teuk?”

“look at me, taeyeon.” He said gently. Taeyeon leveled her gaze with his a curious expression that she usually wore every time she wanted to know the answer. “I want you to remember one thing.”

booya?”

“that you’re the only woman who can see the real me, above all this hype.” He said, cupping her face. “and above all my almost perfection in the idol world. You’re the only one who knows the flawed park jungsu. and I didn’t for once regretted that you can see that.”

“my full responsibility.” She beamed, accepting his compliment. Leeteuk smiled, leaned again and placed his lips on hers, ignoring the television screening another moment of his controversial show.

////////////////////

7:10 pm

Taeyeon woke up from the sudden banging of fists emerging from outside her room.

“taengoo, are you still sleeping? Wake up, its dinner!”

Sunny.

Taeyeon winced. She felt dizzy all of a sudden when she tried moving her head upright. With a force, she sat up and looked at the glow in the dark wall clock hanging at the top of her cabinet.

7:10 in the evening. She was asleep for that long?
“taengoo, tell oppa to wake up too!” sunny said. taeyeon swore she heard other girls giggling on the background. From the voices, she can tell that it was yoona and Hyoyeon. They knew?

Then she froze. Taeyeon focused her attention suddenly to a sleeping man beside her, covered mostly with her favorite blanket sparing his head and ¼ of his . Leeteuk’s face was submerged almost entirely to her pillow they shared, leaving only a profile of his right eye, contoured nose and lips showing up.

oppa.” She said, tapping his cheek. Leeteuk made a slight sound and opened his eyes slow. he could see taeyeon leaning on him with a relief that he awakened.

“its dark.”

“its seven in the evening.” Taeyeon said, turning her attention to the clock again.

“that late?” leeteuk yawned. He sat up and tried to adapt his eyes towards the dark surroundings.

Taeyeon tried to remember what they did for the last five hours. When they finished watching We Got Married, she asked leeteuk to mop the floor while she tended to the laundry. They had a snack, courtesy of his groceries. Had a heart to heart talk again about life, resumed mopping inside her bedroom. She remembered playing a tag with him there. And then---

“oh.” Taeyeon bit her lip and closed her eyes.

“are you okay?”

ne.” taeyeon saw leeteuk taking notice of her expression. “can you—“

“wait, let me switch on the lights.”

“are you going to have dinner here?” taeyeon asked when the lights emanated the room and leeteuk was squinting to put on his grey long sleeved polo.

“do you want?”

“I’d love to.” Taeyeon said. leeteuk’s sleepy expression ce again into a grateful smile.

He handed taeyeon her white shirt that lay atop the side table and helped fix the loose ends of her unclipped hair. Taeyeon had a short hair because of her Japanese promotions but he didn’t mind fixing it a bit.

“I didn’t think about the time.” She confessed. “I’m sorry.”

“don’t be sorry, it just happened. We still have three hours.” He said soothingly. Leeteuk took taeyeon’s hand and eased her up.

“two hours.” Taeyeon said, maintaining her balance. “because your call time is an hour before your radio show.”

“well, I think it’s okay to be late at least for once.”

“teukie!”

“I’m kidding, taeng.” He laughed, now fixing the creases on the bed. Taeyeon helped by arranging the pillows into their proper order.

Unconsciously, she took leeteuk’s hand.

“eat dinner?” he smiled at her. taeyeon nodded and opened the door.

“ah, the leader couple!” Yuri shouted when leeteuk and taeyeon appeared on the kitchen area. Taeyeon yawned and opted leeteuk to sit next to her stool.  Almost everybody of the girls was present except for Jessica and Tiffany, who seemed to be out for a late night shopping at the plaza.

Seohyun handed both taeyeon and leeteuk a cup of hot tea.

“how was your sleep?” seohyun asked Leeteuk who almost choked while drinking from the sudden question.

“um… it was—“

“are you kidding? it’s their best sleep ever!” hyoyeon butted in. she placed two bowls of ramen on the counter table with chopsticks on the either side. taeyeon thought of pulling the dancing queen’s hair out of embarrassment.

“how was your school?” leeteuk asked seohyun, diverting her attention.

Seohyun sat opposite the two and stared at the ceiling.

“I messed up, missed a lot of topics.” She said, pouting. “I don’t know how I could catch up with university math.”

“you should ask kyuhyun, he’s a former math Olympiad.” Leeteuk suggested. seohyun shyly smiled and focused on the evaporating heat from the food.

“you think he will help?”

“if he’s not busy with star craft.” Taeyeon blurted. seohyun nodded and started eating her ramen.

oppa, its good that you had your day off, at least you saw unni.” Yoona said. “unni talks pretty much about your shows lately.”

“she is?” leeteuk looked at taeyeon but she just shook her head, hoping to avoid another topic that she already discussed with him.

“they said you were rushed to the hospital.” Yoona continued. “you should have rested more today.”

“but I’m fine.” Leeteuk said.

It was taeyeon’s turn to look at him. She was so guilty of taking up all leeteuk’s time. She even made him do house chores. If only she could turn back the time, maybe she had just insisted him to rest. But the day was so perfect and they actually had a good time together. Even leeteuk’s look at her would want her to remind that he was not regretting anything.

“what’s with that face again?” he smiled at her.

“aren’t you tired?”

“I’m tired, but that was good tiredness.” He said innocently, making taeyeon’s ears turn into a shade of pink. Taeyeon cleared to avoid other members from hearing them but it was too late. Sooyoung, Yoona and hyoyeon were practically laughing their heads off.

“what’s wrong?” seohyun asked, obviously innocent too.

///////////////

8:50 pm

Leeteuk didn’t get out of the snsd dormitory without being entrapped with endless questions from the girls. Such as what would be his plans before going to the army or will his tapings finish in a matter of two months. He had answered both of them with ease, with taeyeon helping him and assuring everyone that their relationship will stay strong. taeyeon had built enough trust to leeteuk, she didn’t want others to think that he was just playing in the field even if the girls trusted him too. A lot of people may have been linked to him for the moment but he will always have eyes for her.

It was almost five minutes to ten when leeteuk and taeyeon discreetly separated themselves from the girls so taeyeon could accompany leeteuk outside the breezy evening of October. Now that it will only be days away before Christmas, it was definitely seen that winter was already starting to peak. The cold environment added with tiny drops of rain sent taeyeon to put her arms around leeteuk.

“why didn’t you put a jacket on?”

“dorm’s just here, I can go back once you settled in your car.” She said. leeteuk nodded and made sure that she was warm by keeping her close to him.

Upon reaching the side of the dormitory, where leeteuk’s infamous white car was situated, taeyeon loosened up herself from his cuddle so leeteuk could open the door of his vehicle.

“so you’ll drive from here.” she said, calculating the hours. “it will take you thirty to forty five minutes.”

“uh huh.” Leeteuk said. he really didn’t want to go. A part of him would really want to stay with her. just like the old times. Where they would go out late at night to spend time together even if hours would pass and they could almost watch the sunrise. Now that he was having more scheduled activities, even a two hour out would be ridiculous.

“thank you for your time.” Taeyeon said. she was standing next to him, teary eyed. When will she see him again? after days? Weeks? Months? She didn’t know. Even if they are from the same management, their schedules wouldn’t always meet.

“thank you for your time.” Leeteuk repeated, emphasizing the word “time”. He was really glad that taeyeon’s manager told him about her free day, or else he wouldn’t have a moment with her. “I will call you when I finish my radio show, that is, if you’re not going to sleep yet.”

Taeyeon nodded.

“I’ll wait.” She said. she had accustomed herself to always wait to leeteuk.

araso. You better go inside, you’ll get sick.” Leeteuk held her hand. “and its still early, a lot of people might recognize us.”

He was referring to the security guard of the dorm and some passersby who would stand for seconds staring at them before resuming to their activities. He loosened his grip on her and instead placed both of his hands inside his pockets.

“then they have to.” Taeyeon said.

“excuse me?”

Taeyeon smiled. “they have to recognize that its you.” She said, leaning closer to his face.

Leeteuk looked surprised at her statement.

“what are you doing?”

“uh, duh—leaning?”

“the guard is there?” leeteuk pointed to a chubby looking man sitting on the stool who looked amazed.

Leeteuk was used to taeyeon acting out with impulse. She’d always do what she wants, such as slapping other people’s chests or arms. Or she would just laugh big time all of a sudden as if she’s a man. but he wasn’t expecting that she would lock her lips with his, on a cold environment in October, just in a street, with people passing by wondering how two people would have the nerve to display such public affection.

If someone would stop for a minute and spot the two people lovingly immersing themselves in a kiss, he/she would be ultimately be surprised that these two were both from the same agency, both leaders of their generation, and both Korean idols taking a major part in Hallyu wave some countries are experiencing today.

Taeyeon moved inches away from leeteuk’s face when he immediately planted a peck back to her lips.

“you better stay awake because I’ll call you later.” He whispered, putting his arms around her for embrace. Taeyeon could see a group of teenage girls taking a stop just a few feet away from them but she didn’t pay attention a single bit and instead placed her arms around leeteuk too. who knows when will they meet again anyways?

“take care, I’ll send you a message when I get inside.” Taeyeon said patting his back. Leeteuk smiled and headed inside his car. He turned his attention to the  roaring engine upon moving the key to a start in a counterclockwise direction.

He was about to close the door when taeyeon dorkily made a heart sign, which everybody would know what it meant.

“I love you too.” he laughed. Taeyeon playfully kicked his leg and closed the door for him.

Taeyeon watched as the car sped towards the road and on to the horizon, mingling with other cars and buses ahead.

Leeteuk already left. Everything again was back to normal, she would have a scheduled activity for her album promotions, he will be having tapings for his shows. Every schedule would pass as days as if nothing happened.

She knew the would-be consequences of her sudden public interaction with leeteuk but she wouldn’t mind. Time will come that everybody will know the mystery woman that leeteuk once talked about who he wanted to be responsible with.

And she was referring to the woman as herself.

ahjussi, what you saw earlier, let’s keep that as a secret between us, ne?” she winked at the security guard who just nodded with surprise because of her sudden conversation with him.

Taeyeon bowed and headed inside the dormitory. She would probably drink coffee or some iced tea with lots of caffeine.

and she will definitely wait for his call.