Pardon?

Starlight Parade

A girl quickens her pace as she checks the time.

"I'm going to be late!! Oh, how I HATE that bus driver.."

She wiped away drops of perspiration hanging close to her almond-shaped eyes. Her name is Ga Eul. You know, 'autumn' in Korean.

And though she's mumbling grumbles (and possibly death threats to the anonymous bus driver), she also smiling to fit the band. You could have eaten her smile up and have a field left over.

Ga Eul whipped out her MP3 player. After a brief welcome message, she scrolled down the playlist and played one of Ed Sheeran's songs at random.

"Another day, another life, passes by in minutes, not complicated.."

Hers ears softly cradle his voice as if asking for more.

Here was a girl smiling to the lyrics about the beauty of letting go.

Here was a girl who still had trouble over it, but refused to acknowledge it.

And not far away was a boy who thought he had, but wasn't aware of the same thing.

 

 

Ga Eul now swings her arrms in the almost-rap beat of "The Man".

"It was never fine to lose you-"

Man, she thought, if this guy wasn't a guitarist, he'd have become a rapper for sure.

She grinned at the thought of her most preferred singer-songwriter in ripped jeans and heavy gold chains, clasping the mic instead of a guitar, and shouting "SWAG!" while walking hip-hop style through countless aisles of people screaming for more.

A short but chirp of a laugh escapes her lips before she stopped herself.

She cautiously looks around in case anyone else has heard it.

Nothing but dull gray asphalt blocks.

Whew. She relaxes.

Just before a bike hits her.

 

 

"Ow.." Clutching her hands to her forehead, Ga Eul carefully looks around herself. A red bike with white wheels catches her attention first, then a boy.

A boy?

She knew she should stay still on account of her throbbing forehead, but curiosity soon gets the best of her. Tottering a little, she walks toward him.

His eyes are closed, so she could see his lashes, longer than a typical girl's.

He must've hit the ground pretty hard, or..or me, she thought absentmindedly as she scanned his peaceful face- wait, peaceful?

"Sir? SIR??? Can you hear me?? Can you sit up or somethin-" She stopped.

Her eyes widened in surprise at the touch of a hand lingering closely to her lips. The fingertips barely graze her cheek.

"I'm.. fine." A voice below says.

Caught completely off ground, Ga Eul stutters. "Well.. well then. Does it hurt a lot?"

She tensed, frantically trying to remember what had just happened. All she remembers is a effing severe blow to her forehead while she was strolling in the park. Which means.. that boy must have been riding his bike at full speed or something.

Or something.

She frowns and crosses her arms in front of her.

"Get up, will you?" The boy, oblivious to her change of tone, obliges.

 

And yes, I am a HUGE Ed Sheeran fan. It almost killed me to give up going to Ed Sheeran's concert in Korea this year. Another thing. I am actually a fan of a LOT of kpop groups... my biggest biases include BTS, GOT7, and Ikon, of course.. so don't be surprised when I suddenly pop out of the blue with a new story. Cheers:)