Come With Me

Come With Me

Like a small kitten, she had fallen asleep in a beam of sunlight that perfectly highlighted the crevices of her face, curled into a corner of the comfortable living room couch. Her hair, lazily tied, had sprawled under her head and her hands, small and dainty, held onto the book she was reading as if she would die without it. The air was scented with roses; the flowers she had received for her birthday were beginning to wilt in their glass vase. The city noises from outside were sufficiently blocked by the well-insulated condominium, and instead the modern townhouse was kept company by smooth jazz casettes dug up from ancient attics --

Yet, she slept.

Junmyeon sighed and chuckled to himself as he once adjusted her sleeping position, propping her head against a soft silk pillow and moving her black satin hair away from her face. She mumbled something incoherently as he removed the novel from her hands but quickly settled again when he pecked her softly on the forehead. He pulled a flower from the vase on the table.

"Ah seriously...how many times have you read this, Ara...?" He growled under his breath, leaving her to nap in the ray of sunshine as he stomped off to the kitchen with her book in his hands. Though he obviously did not like said story, he was careful not to lose the page she had saved so religiously with her thumb, as he set it down to look for something in the cabinetry. Beside it rested the flower.

"Blah blah, Paris...I swear she likes him more than me..." 

He couldn't believe how utterly jealous he was of the attention she payed to this book. Or rather, the characters she payed attention to. He pulled a crisp white envelope from a drawer and a shining pair of shears plus a bottle of clear glue from one adjacent, bringing the items to the table. He reached for a pen lingering on the other side of the table, clicking it a few times to the beat of the jazz. The sun plays around him, the shining of kitchenware reflecting brightly.

"Sehun...more like Sedumb..." Junmyeon carefully opened the envelope, removing the two slips of paper inside and setting them aside just in case. He laughs to himself a bit, cautiously minding the volume as not to wake her but he would definitely repeat it to her eventually.  Picking up the flower in his slender fingers, he carefully tugs the outermost petals off, revealing the slightly brighter inner blooms. He trimmed off the dying stem as sparingly as he could. He quietly hummed along to the soft music in the background.

Oh Sehun is the main character of the book "Paris Is" and clearly, Junmyeon's mortal enemy. 

He arranges all the petals on the envelope and continues moving them around until he decides they're pretty enough. Opening the bottle of glue, he holds his breath to avoid smelling the fumes as he generously lays the sticky liquid on the foliage.

Sehun is quite an idiot in Junmyeon's eyes. He runs all around Paris chasing a long lost friend, almost killing himself in the process. But for some reason, Ara loves it. His rash decision making, his warm personality hidden by a cold exterior, his determination. Ara would read to him the parts that described what he looked like, especially; how his perfectly tousled chestnut hair changed to a sleek black that was a perfect canvas for the moonlight on the Eiffel Tower; how his chocolate eyes could melt steel; how his long, shapely legs could help him run across the ocean if he needed.

Junmyeon didn't see the hype. Ara liked pointing out how much taller Sehun was, though.

But when she did, he would remind her how perfectly she fit in his body, despite how "short" he was.

Then again, he was also jealous of a book character.

He sighs again, and glances to the papers beside him. The bold black text above the barcodes; Italy.

Junmyeon unknowingly smirked to himself slightly. Yeah, he could make impulse decisions if he wanted to. Pressing the paper, he checked if the glue was dry. Reaching for the pen, he wrote neatly --

"Ya ya ya ya, Sehun? Paris? I have better plans. Let's go on a date."

Junmyeon tucked the plane tickets back into the envelope and sealed it carefully, before finally picking up the book and putting his creation inside. He caught a glimpse of the part she was at; Sehun had spotted his apparently true love from the top of the Eiffel Tower. Yeah. OK. 

He almost tiptoed back to the living room. Ana was such a light sleeper. Junmyeon carefully placed the book in her hands again, making sure her new "bookmark" was sticking out a little so she would notice.

"You're never going to think of Paris again after this, I promise."