In Heaven

In Heaven[ONESHOT]


Listen to the song while reading this. It gives you the mood. *winks*

 

The clock ticks, time passing by slowly. It’s been 3 years she had left me. How I hated myself when I didn’t gave her the attention she needed yet, it’s already too late to even regret.

Hi, my name is Park Yoochun. I’m the top architect and amongst the youngest out here. I had a fiancée, but I lost her. No, I didn’t cheat on her. She just simply left me. Here’s my story…

______________________________________________________________

[3rd April 2008]

He sighed as his works was never-ending. It was nearly 11pm and he was still in his office, typing out his presentation for his upcoming presentation next month. He wanted to finish it as early as possible. He rubbed his temples when a text buzzed his phone.  He reached over at the end of the table, where he tossed his phone at, to read the message.

Text from : My Hyeseon

‘Hey Chunnie, are you going to accompany me to the hospital for a check up tomorrow?’

“,” he muttered. He quickly replied a short, ‘No’ and went back to work. After a few times reading the whole presentation, Yoochun was satisfied. He packed up and headed towards the elevator. He looks at his watch, 2AM. “I probably should take a break tomorrow,” Yoochun said to himself.

He went into the car and drove back home. His house wasn’t that far from his office. Slowly, he turned into the driveway and parked his car in the garage. He came into the house to find it dark.

*She’s probably asleep* he thought.

He went up the stairs, carefully not to make too much noise. He opened the door to the master bedroom where he saw a silhouette of a women sleeping on the bed. Yoochun quickly run to the showers and took a quick shower. He jumped into his pajamas and slid into the covers, wrapping his arms around Hyeseon’s slender waist. He found her closing up the gap between them, probably because of the body heat. Soon, Yoochun fell into a deep slumber.

______________________________________________________

[4th April 2008]

The next morning, Yoochun woke up with a note left for him on the bedside table.

It says :

I went for a checkup at the hospital and going to have a date with the girls.

I will be back around 7PM and prepare dinner.

Lots of love, Hyeseon.

 

He scrunched up the paper and tossed it in the bin. He looked at the clock, 11AM. Without second thoughts, he went to text the guys to have a meet up together.

From: Chun-face

Yah! Let’s meet up! I’m bored.

He didn’t wait for a reply and went to bathe. He came out of the showers, feeling fresh. Yoochun went to look at his phone for any incoming texts. And he did.

‘4 texts received’

He pressed the ‘read’ button to read the 1st text.

Text from: Yunnie hyung

You want to die? Joking (: Sure, why not?

He continued to read the 2nd one.

Text from: ‘Lord’ MinBABY

Call! Your treat!

3rd text came from Jaejoong.

Text from: Jaejaejaejoong hyung

Haha, sure. You text me like that again and I’m really going to

shove my foot into your ing humongous .

 Yoochun laughed his lungs out at Jaejoong. *Sheesh, why the heck is he so sensitive?* Yoochun thought.

Text from: DuckbuttSu

Okay, Chun.

Xoxo

 After reading Junsu’s text, Yoochun’s face cramped up in disgust. “Oh yeah, Su’s totally straight,” Yoochun chuckled.

“Oh my god! Su! You sounded totally gay!” Jaejoong burst out laughing. “I am not!” Junsu defended himself. Apparently, Yoochun had told them about the hugs and kisses marks Junsu had texted him. “I was just being sweet,” Junsu pouted. Yunho patted Junsu’s back, assuring him that he believed what Junsu said.

“Come on, Jae. Cut it,” Yunho glared. Jaejoong zipped up his mouth at the same moment he saw Yunho’s glare. Yoochun kept giggling with Changmin. “Hyung, you know it’s funny. It’s been so long since we had time to laugh like this,” Changmin said. Yunho spread up a smile, “I know, I was just trying to be nice. I do agree it was hilarious, though.” Yunho chuckled and they started to laugh out loud again except for Junsu.

Yunho looked at his watch and stood up. “Where are you going, hyung?” Junsu asked. “Home. I have a meeting tomorrow morning at 8am. It’s already 10pm. Changmin, you need a lift?” Yunho answered. “Yeah, hyung. Oh, right! I have breakfast with the CEO of Sung Productions tomorrow. See you guys when I see you.”

Changmin and Yunho bid their goodbyes and so does Jaejoong. He had a presentation the next day. All went back home and there were only Yoochun and Junsu left.

“So how are you with Hyeseon?” Junsu asked while sipping his latte. “We’re doing fine. Hyeseon- ! DINNER!” Yoochun ran out of the café, leaving a clueless Junsu behind to pay for their drinks.

___________________________________________________________

Yoochun drove as fast as he could, trying to reach home by 10.45pm. Reached, he parked the car in the garage and ran into the house.

“Hyeseon?” he searched for her at the living room but to no avail.

He walked to the kitchen and saw her, sleeping at the dining table. Two red candles, wax had melted. She cooked all his favourite meals, from black bean noodles to chicken spaghetti. There was a card on the table. He picked up and flipped it to the other side.

Happy 3rd Anniversary, my ChunnieBunny..

I love you with all of my heart and

 I’m glad we had made it this far into the relationship.

I prayed that we could keep this relationship longer and

Much more stronger than it is now..

I love you Park Yoochun,

Once again, Happy Anniversary

Sincerely,

Han Hyeseon

“I’m so sorry, babe. I totally had forgotten about today,” Yoochun whispered. He carried her on his back, to the bedroom. He lay her down and wrapped her with the blankets, kissing her on her plump lips. He went back down to the kitchen to clean up.

__________________________________________________________

[10th May 2008]

Yoochun had been busier than ever. He rarely went home and even sleeps in the office. His presentation is today and he doesn’t want anything to go wrong. His phone rang while he was preparing the presentation.  Without looking at the caller, he answered, “I HAVE NO TIME TO ENTERTAIN ANY OF YOUR NONSENSE RIGHT NOW! I’M ING BUSY!” He ended the call and switched it off and threw it inside his suitcase.

Tears fell from her almond shaped eyes. She had just wanted to wish him luck for his presentation yet he threw those words at her. *He doesn’t care about you anymore* she thought.

She threw some of her clothes and her personal belongings in the backpack. She decided to sleepover at her Sooyi, her best friend, house for the meantime. She don’t want to deal with Yoochun right now. He was different from the Yoochun she knew. She hated this Yoochun. He didn’t even take notice of her presence anymore. She couldn’t even tell him that she’ll be needing treatment in chemotherapy for her brain cancer.

Yes, brain cancer.

Those checkups that she had been having monthly were for her brain cancer. Doctors were observing if her tumor was whether spreading or not.

She decided to leave him a text.

From: My Hyeseon

I’m going to leave.

_________________________________________________________

Yoochun successfully ended his presentation, receiving thumbs up from his workers and the CEO of his company, his Dad. Yoochun wiped his sweat that formed due to nervousness with the back of his hand. He shuts off his laptop and was about to put it in his suitcase when he saw his phone.

‘1 text received’

From: My Hyeseon

I’m going to leave.

 His eyes widened. Those were the words he told her to say if she was going to leave him permanently. *No!* He thought. He ran outside the building and into his car and dialed her number, waiting for her to pick it up.

“Hello,” she answered weakly. “Don’t leave,” he said.“I’m going to go back, so-“  she tried explain but was cut off by Yoochun, “Lies!” His tears poured out onto his cheeks. “Liar,” he croaked.

“No,” she denied, “don’t you know how much that I love you?”  Enraged, he spoke, “Can’t you show that love to me right now?!” ” I love you,” those were her last words before he replied , “Can’t we love, again?”

But, Yoochun was answered with a cut-off tone. She had ended the call. By then, he had just realized that he had lost her.

___________________________________________________________

A few months passed by, Yoochun dump himself in his work by taking in a sum of projects just to keep himself busy. He didn’t want to think about her. Sometimes, he wondered for a while, what was she doing after their break up? A knock came onto the door and a person came in. Yoochun looked up from his work.

Sooyi.

She stood there before him, eyes were red and tear-stained. Unconsciously, a slap came across his right cheek. Grabbing the injured cheek, he shouted, “What the was that for?!”

“I don’t want to do this but it was her wish. Hyeseon wanted you to have these,” she tossed him a bag filled with letters. She quickly left his office without another word said.

Yoochun sat back down, pushing his work aside. He took out the letters from the back. It was put together with a rubber band holding everything into place. He opened the first letter.

To Yoochun,

Hi Chun-face! *laughs* This is my first letter to you.

If you read this, it simply means I’m already in the heavens looking down upon you.

I’m watching your every move. Okay, I’m just kidding.

I’m sorry I left you, and I’m sorry for causing heartbreak.

I’m not going to dilly-dally anymore.

To be truthful, I had cancer. Brain cancer.

Remember those checkups I had?

Sorry for not telling you earlier.

Bye, Yoochun. Never forget that I LOVE YOU.

Lots of love,

Hyeseon

Yoochun could barely move to the 2nd letter. He decided to read it at home so he packed up and went back home. By the last letter, Yoochun was sprawled on the bed, pillows wet from his endless tears.

Words from the last letter lingered onto his head. “I asked Sooyi to bury me at the place where we first met. Remember the plain fields? I love you, Yoochun. I will always do.”

_____________________________________________________________________

I regretted that I didn’t show her how truly I am in love with her. The last image of her seems to be locked only in my memories. Greed blinded me; wealth buried me deep and difficult enough for me to crawl my way out of it. Han Hyeseon, the person that makes my home feels like the heavens. She made me realize that wealth doesn’t make you happy like how love does. I sometimes wonder if she’s watching me from somewhere, yet I have this feeling that I knew she is. She was an angel, and now, she’s one in heaven.

 

__________________________________________________

I totally . I know. I'm very sorry. I'll do better next time :)

For those who don't understand the story (they must be either stupid or...really stupid) (joking)

Yoochun is an architect. He's telling his love story to us. But I used 3rd person point of view to tell it. Hyeseon is Yoochun's girlfriend of 3 years. You may ask that she's dumb for saying Yoochun doesn't care about her when he hugged her while sleeping and tucking her in bed. Yet, that was the little things he does once he remembered about her. Most of the times, that won't happen. Like for example, he had forgot about their 3rd year anniversary. So, when Yoochun told her off on the phone, it pained her. He didn't even bother to look at the caller and she knew that. She hated that Yoochun. The Yoochun she knew was very loving and loves her dearly. For the cancer part, Hyeseon wanted Yoochun to come with her so that he knew what was happening with her. Yet, the greedy money loving Yoochun(knock on wood! We know chunnie is not that way!) didn't even bother to go with her even though he was free on that day ( their anniversary day). So, in the end, she left him. Sooyi, Hyeseon's best friend, slapped him because she was disappointed with him. She saw how Hyeseon suffered most of the times in chemotherapy. LOLS. I know it's a bit exaggerating but wouldn't you do that if you were her, too? In the end, he realises his mistakes but he was too late.

Enough said. Okay. I know, very boring. LOLS. I need to sleep right now. Bye bye :) Comment away! Good or bad, do it :)