From First to Last

From First to Last

 

- First sight -

 

It was a bright morning that time, the sky is so blue and the wind blows a gentle breeze. With the harmonized singing of the birds along with the blossoming of spring flowers, everything is so perfect.

 

Well, almost.

 

“Owww!”

 

Hitting the elevated part of the cold pavement, a tall girl in her 20’s, who’s name goes by Park Sooyoung (often times Joy), cursed momentarily, having her big foot sting in a reverberating pain. She wasn’t able to focus on the road because she was still half dreaming and half walking due to her early class. And while she was hissing and perhaps swearing the entire humanity, she felt something was staring at her and it made her stop her grumbling.

 

Looking back to see another girl in her gray knitted sweater that was perhaps wondering on what she is doing, her next course of action was to blush a vibrant red, both in embarrassment and coldness. Hurriedly escaping as she ran away without second thoughts, it was then that a nagging feeling went onto her, turning her head as she gazed behind.

 

Seeing the clueless girl still glued to her place, she gave a small nod, not wanting to offend the seemingly kind person somehow.  

 

When they met each other’s gaze, a warm smile was thrown at her direction. In that short moment, she felt redness reaching her face one more, but this time it’s because of shyness.

 

In the entire walk to her university, she felt her sleepiness flew away, along with the sight of a smiling stranger.

 

- First Meeting -

 

Joy was taking a selca that time, numerous shots were made as she stood behind a big tree, finding it suitable for her as she posed as she made her favorite duck lips gesture.

 

To her surprise, a loud shifting sound was heard, making her stop on whatever she was currently doing.

 

“Aish…”
 

She then murmured, turning to the direction of the disturbance to give the moment bomber a piece of her mind. That tree is what she had claimed hers and she won’t back out to anyone just because she’s a freshman there.

 

And while she was on her way to give a good scolding, a fallen body made her snap and scream in pure shock, having thought a mysterious something had fallen in front of her.

 

“Y-Yah!”

 

She shouted as she tried to calm her rumbling heart. It was, thankfully, a person whom passed out (?) all of a sudden.

 

To her deeper observation, it was when she finally realized that it was a sleeping girl. A very cute and adorable one on top of that if she may say.

 

Not knowing when she was able to get so close, she then observed some more. The other was unmoving and it made her wonder if she was still alive. She’s not dead now is she? She then thought, until a snoring-like sound proved her assumptions wrong.

 

“E-Excuse me?”

 

She then poked the sleeping mammal person with her long fingers, softly, gently, until it made the other mumble lightly.

 

“Uhh…miss…”

“…I don’t think you should be sleeping here…”

 

Trying not to be rude, she then stopped the prodding motion, resorting to kind words and a little nudging on the other’s shoulders.

 

When the hibernating creature didn’t budge at her actions, it made the other puffed her already chubby cheeks, pouting after sometime as she was unable to hide the slight annoyance at how the knocked out being brushed off her unusual display of concern.

 

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you”

 

She then stood up, brushing off the fallen leaves that managed to stick onto the lower hem of her skirt.

 

And while she turned her back and ready to walk away, she then cursed at herself. She was still a human with a heart and she can’t just leave the poor student alone for who knows what might have happened to her if she does.

 

“Screw this…”

 

She then said in a hiss, sitting herself near the oblivious being. She even thought she had lost her sanity since she actually offered her lap for the other to sleep on.

 

It was when she was wondering about things that she came to realize that there’s something familiar about the girl who’s in deep slumber.

 

- First Crush -
 

After the encounter that had befallen her sometime ago, the tall college student found solace with the help of a new found yet familiar stranger, no matter how ironic it might sounds.

 

It was after that incident with the big chestnut tree that she found out the other girl’s name, waking up in their university’s soccer team lounge before someone claimed she was brought there by the former sleeping beauty, having said that she can’t leave a cute girl alone in the fields and had asked a close friend that was a club member to look out for her instead.

 

“Kang Seulgi”

 

She remembered clearly as the team captain of the exhausting sport said in a warm smile. With that said, she left that place with a wide grin on her face.

 

Little did she know that after some time she will develop some feelings towards the girl whom she only knew by name and face.

 

And so, ever since then, she wondered around the fields, the grassy oval, and perhaps the soccer team headquarters, having high hopes of seeing the older girl whom she was told was a senior in Interior Design.

 

- First Hello -

 

It was the end of spring that time, and summer is finally here. With all the sun related activities in line, the chubby cheeked girl never found something more amusing than to eat a plate of blazing hot chicken as she stayed behind the cottages on their class’ swimming get away.

 

Reminded of how she was not able to even say a single word to the now graduating inspiration (her unattainable Interior Design student crush), she then sighed. All her friends seem to get a love life aside from her own. Not that she mind much, but wouldn’t it be great to have someone holding your hand along the cold water too right?

 

And while she was inwardly cursing her luck, a tall can of soda began to touch her cheeks, making her yelp at the sudden coldness as she glared menacingly at the prankster who dared disturbed her melodrama pondering.

 

“Irene unnie…”

 

She then squinted her eyes at the older girl who happen to be a young professor from her course that she became really close with.

 

“What are you doing here all alone? Is eating chicken really that fun?”

 

The known university crush asked her. Well, both girls are famous for their looks and great figures but still remain a mystery as to why they are still single.

 

“What do you want unnie? I know that look of yours and it means you’re either bored to death and choose to disturb me, or you have something evil on your mind”

 

Smiling sheepishly, it was actually the latter sentence that hit the bull’s eye.

 

“Well, you can thank me later for doing you a great favor”

 

The pretty damsel said, making the taller girl wonder.

 

“What does that mea-”

 

Popping behind the senior, another lady came to them and relayed a very cute “Hi~” to her that made her stopped talking midway, starting to gaze at that certain someone.

 

It took her about a minute to melt from her frozen state before her brain finally functioned properly.

 

At this, the oldest gave a meaningful smirk. She had always known the other’s not-so-little-secret-admiration for her junior and she devised a way for the two to finally meet.

 

“Joy, meet Seulgi. And Bear, meet Chicken~”

 

While the Irene’s teasing words trailed off, the smiling face of the one that was compared to the cuddly animal had proved her charms as she took the other’s breath away.

 

“Hello, Joy. Nice to meet you”

 

Returning a little nod as she was too shy to even look properly, the tallest girl mumbled a small reply in return.

 

“H-Hello too…unnie…”

 

She said with a voice that was so feminine she thought she was about to transform into someone new that very moment.

 

Reaching out to give her a handshake, the other took it carefully and shook it lightly. However, along with it, her feelings were also stirred.

 

It was actually that day that marked the start of their beautiful friendship.

 

- First Date -

 

Sometime after the series of encounters (may it be the present, past or future), the relationship they had began to blossom into something more as the two girls became closer and closer. Despite the fact that the older girl had long graduated, they still communicated with each other and would sometimes meet along with their group of common acquaintances.

 

Today, as one of those days where they would idly spend the afternoon chatting, something came onto the mind of “fate” as it allowed the two girls to spend the time alone with each other, having their friends come up with last minute emergencies.

 

“Well…since it’s just us, where do you want to go?”

 

The known teddy bear asked. It had been apparent to her that the other was a home buddy but would occasionally come out of her shell to spend time with her unnies.

 

Contemplating as it was the first for them to have “just them” time, the idea of date came onto her mind and she immediately blushed at the thought. It seems like her fondness towards the older girl grew stronger as they get to know each other more.

 

She then shook of the imaginary cloud as she smiled timidly.

 

“Uhh…anywhere? I’m not the type to go out so I don’t know much places…”

 

Nodding as if she really understood, the seemingly dense girl began dragging her all of a sudden, making the young one’s heart beat skipped ten times faster as it began thumping in a crazy “dugeun dugeun” motion.

 

“Then let’s eat…”

 

Starting it off with that sentence, their time together officially started.

 

By the end of their so called “date”, they ended up bonding just like any regular days, but with the difference that they never let go each other’s hands.

 

- First Love -

 

According to a song, there’s this certain something that never dies.

 

Though she knew for a fact that what she feel for the now more than friends but less than lovers of an unnie is perhaps love, the taller girl still want assurance to steer away from the ambiguity of their relationship.

 

No matter how sure she is that she can admit to her feelings, the biggest question still remains.

 

“Does the older girl love her back?”

 

Having these thought as she carried the pain of what she thinks is a one sided affection, it was when she had enough and had expressed her emotions clear that she got the answer she was looking for.

 

“I like you”

 

As simple as those 3 words, she blurted out her true heart as she cornered the eye smiling bear into a wrist lock, pinning her unnie between her body and the couch behind the older girl when the other had invited the giant maknae to her house.

 

Bewildered and surprised as she is, the chic girl only gave her usual dumbfounded expression as she was at lost for words, not a even a single reply was uttered and it almost enraged the younger one who gathered all her courage to face the music.

 

Expecting the wave of upcoming protest, wavering eyes became the cold water that was splashed at the dense unnie as she looked at the tears that came down from the beautiful orbs, getting out of the strong grip so that she could hold her dongsaeng’s face as she replied the words she had wanted to say.

 

“Look, Joy…”

 

With the serene tone calming her down, the younger girl closed her eyes to feel the warmth of the soft palms.

 

“I may not like you in the same way now…but I know you can make me change my mind”

 

Opening her eyes just in time to see the smiling face, both girls settled for an unspoken agreement as they stayed in the comfortable silence.

 

Soon enough after that incident, the taller girl had proven that the song was right after all.

 

- First Kiss -

 

It merely took a short time for the younger girl to make the other realize the depths of her true feelings as she had proved that she can really change the chic girl’s heart, with the older girl finding herself under the spell of a strong love enchantment.

 

With everything being triggered by alcohol and honest talk, a drunken bear that reeked the smell of soju and foolishness, was unbelievably the chubby cheeked lady had actually fallen in love with.

 

Shortening their distance along with her tight hold, the older girl leaned her lips onto the other’s own, slowly, gently and passionately.

 

It was a touching moment if one would not pay to the smaller details.

 

By the end of their chaste kiss, dazed individuals faced one another before someone finally succumbed to sleep as she passed out in second’s flash.

 

Oh such a romantic moment it is.

 

In conclusion, everything about the supposedly heartwarming experience was bad. The taste, the atmosphere, even the way other bit the taller girl’s lower lip was out of tune. However, it didn’t change the fact that it was her that the chicken lover wanted to share it with.

 

With a promise to give her a better memory of a next time, it was that terrible (as the younger one puts it) kiss that had marked the two love fools as an official couple.

 

- First Fight -

 

Just like any other lovers, the two dealt with occasional miscommunications that cause some misunderstandings.

 

Dealing with it in less interest as they were not bothered at first, the happening occurred too often and it was the issue of jealousy that broke into their very first argument.

 

“I can’t take this anymore…”

 

Was all the taller girl has to say, pained and hurt from all the drama of having seen the other flirting in open daylights. And to the person she had called friends too never the less.

 

“You know I don’t like unnie or Wendy that way…”

 

Having been told many times, the other’s pride was not letting the matter go.

 

“It’s not like I don’t know ok? Let me think about it…on my own”

 

And with that said, the older girl left her to ponder on some things as they started to drift apart.

 

- First Heartbreak -

 

After the fight that broke out to them, it was when the taller girl experience the pain that she didn’t thought that would be brought to her by her one and only love.

 

Though she was half at fault for deciding to let go of their sweet memories, it was never the true reason as to why she had been hurting.

 

It was the fact that even after what they had been through, she still wishes to be by the older girl’s side, as it was her who had brought her the happiness that she never found on someone else.

 

And while she realizes the depth of her feelings that didn’t fade and was never gone, the usually calm unnie was caught raging on front of her house, being held by the concerned friends because the older girl refuses to go home without having a word with her now ex-girlfriend.

 

“I’m not going back until I see her! She means everything to me and I know I’m the same to her as well!”

 

Hearing the cracked voice and sincere tone that was decorated with a tear stained face, it was more than painful to watch the older girl hurt herself than to actually experience the awful feeling on her own.

 

So even if she was confused and half doubted the possible outcome of her actions, she went onto the crying lady and buried her face onto the other’s back, giving the tightest hug she could.

 

If she was going to choose between getting hurt by her love one or hurting the one she loves, her answer will definitely be the former.

 

“Sooyoung ah…”

 

Even without turning back, the other knew who it was and hugged the arms that were wrapped around her waist.

 

“I don’t want to hear anything else…just shut up…”

 

Nodding as if they read each other’s mind, they fall into the comfortable silence before they broke their moment to look at one another.

 

“You dumb bear, you should be kissing me by now”

 

Following the words like they were the rules, their lips slowly went onto one another.

 

And just like how some drama’s end, the younger girl believed she should give the older one, and perhaps herself, a second chance at love.

 

- First Time -

 

Just like any other couple, both girls got through the topic of love making as it was after their 10 year long relationship that they were finally sure that they would be spending life time with each other’s company.

 

Being shy and timid as it was apparent to both that they had done nothing of it, the innocence that coated their strong love was being tested to its limit as they approached that soon to be new chapter of their life.

 

It was after that magical night that they got onto the predicament once more as the older girl laid her lover down onto the soft mattress.

 

“Uhh…A-Are you sure you are ready for this?”

 

She then asked. But whether it was for her, or for the other girl to answer, both didn’t know.

 

Unconsciously getting shy as she diverted her gaze, it took them all the courage they need to look at one another as they were still in a compromising position, with the older girl being on top of the younger one.

 

“C-Can you not ask me that kind of question? Especially since were both on this large bed already…”

 

With how things began to get warm after the chicken lover’s declaration, it was those words that gave courage to the bear as she slowly leaned in and forgot to contain the other side of herself.

 

And so, with them finally reaching a place they had never dared to go before, the proof of their love was witness by the moonlight night.

 

****
 

Wrapping her arms around the younger girl’s waist, a soft voice came into the picture as the owner showed a gentle smile.

 

“What are you reading honey?”

 

She had to ask, seeing how the taller girl ignored her presence for a white colored object that had her neat handwriting to it.

 

Turning around to see how her other half was sporting her usual clueless face, the now 40 year old lady just closed the pages to her notebook before holding onto the arms of the older girl.

 

“Just my diary…I suddenly felt nostalgic when I saw it again”

 

She then replied, earning a giggle from her spouse.

 

“Ah, I remember those times too…”

 

Grazing her lips onto the other’s forehead, the still known bear tighten her hold onto her chicken lover.

 

“Who could have thought that we would come to this? I for one didn’t know you’d say yes to my proposal”

 

Laughing as she suddenly remembered her former unnie’s proposal that took a really long time to take place, with the help of her supportive family and friends, the two sealed the deal in a church somewhere outside the country in a stunning replica of the place where they had first met.

 

“I even thought I had to do it instead if you weren’t hit in the head by Wendy unnie”

 

The ever adorable maknae said, clinging onto the arms she had finally claimed hers.

 

Laughing ungracefully at the embarrassing remark, even at this moment, the said charm of the eye smiling bear still captivates the younger one’s heart.

 

Showering her beloved with feather like kisses, the older lady cuddled closer as she pulled them in a tight embrace.

 

“I’m sorry for making you wait. And I wanted to thank you for coming into my life”

 

Smiling along with content and satisfaction, the chicken nicknamed girl couldn’t be happier.

 

“I love you Kang Sooyoung”

 

The older girl said in a romantic whisper.

 

If she was to say that she’s now living the life she likes, the younger girl knew it was more than an understatement and it would not do her justice if she did so.

 

“I love you too, Park Seulgi”

 

She replied as sweetly.

 

Looking at each other, their eyes speak of love and devotion as they leaned in for a passionate kiss.

 

Right here, right now and from here on, the younger lady vowed to only spend her lifetime with that certain someone named Kang Seulgi.

 

From her first sight, to her last view.

From her first meeting, to her last schedule.

From her first crush, to her last admiration.

From her first hello, to her last goodnight.

From her first date, to her last engagement.

From her first love, to her last adoration.

From her first kiss, to her last kisses.

From her first fight, to her last comfort.

From her first heartbreak, to her last happiness.

From her first time, to her last commitment.

 

She had always been Joy’s first in everything. But with a sudden twist of fate, she now becomes her last.

 

 

- THE END -

 

And that's it~ another JoyGi fic finished. ^_^
Sorry I took long, things happened and I kinda got busy.

 

Ya think its angst? Ha! Anyway, don't you think it's cute for two gilrs to be exchanging surnames instead? I find it adorable LOL. XD 

 

Oh, and yeah, I hate to break this guys to you but I have this thing to work on so its more like I'll be on slight hiatus. I'm really sorry >_< But no need to worry, I'll still write if ever I find the time. 

 

To my faithful commentors: Danshinduo, NoviLimz, yuki_momoko, celestine121313, and to all my subscribers and supporters, I hope to be able to write for you sooner. 

 

Until then, jya neh~! ^^;