Final

Haru [A Drabble]

Kyungsoo groaned in the middle of the night when a shuffling in the room woke him up. Propping himself up on one arm, he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. 

The boy nearly let out a scream when he saw a long haired figure and remembered back to the damned Bloody Marry story the idiot beagle line told earlier. He bit his tongue, in an attempt to swallow the scream threatening to come from his lips. As his eyes slowly adjusted to the dark he noticed that it wasn't a ghost or monster after all, it was Haru. She must've been too scared to fall asleep; he'd had to remind himself to kill them later. 

"Haru, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in bed?" Kyungsoo sat up fully, looking at the long haired girl, he sighed as his shoulders deflated. The look in her eyes told him that he was going to be awake for a while.

"Kyungsoo, I can't sleep." The girl pulled at the hem of her shirt, glancing around slightly as if something were going to pop out at her from nowhere.

Again, Kyungsoo sighed. He swung his legs out from underneath the duvet and gently took Haru's hand in his. He led her to the kitchen and all the lights in the hall, just in case, he steered her away from all the mirrors. 

After placing her in one of the stools, he made her a cup of warm tea and honey. Haru took one sip and visibly calmed. It was a wonder at how such a little thing from Kyungsoo, such as tea and honey, could calm her down so well. 

Kyungsoo sat down on the stool next to her. Looking at her side profile, his heart gave a little leap but he quickly pushed the feeling away. "So, wanna tell me why you're up?" 

Obviously, Kyungsoo knew the answer, but he could think of no other way to comfort her if she didn't tell him. 

"I was scared, of the story Baekhyun, and Chanyeol told earlier. And..." She trailed off, suddenly pretending to be super interested in her mug.

Kyungsoo looked at her strangely, why hadn't she finished her sentence? "And?" He pressed.

The dark haired girl shrugged, taking another sip of her tea. "I think I saw something." She mumbled just loud enough for him to catch. Kyungsoo cracked a smile but swiftly wiped it away when he caught Haru scowling at him. 

After about thirty minutes of explaining to Haru that it was just a story, Kyungsoo finally got her to go back to her room. Before he could enter his however, Haru pulled at his arm. 

"Oppa" One word from her and he understood. He just knew her that well. 

"You can sleep in my bed tonight" Pushing the door open as to not wake Suho up, he pulled her in after him and tucked her into his bed. "There, now go to sleep." 

Again, she tugged on his arm, "Where are you going?"

"Living room, why?"

"You're going to sleep on the couch?"

"Yea,"

Her face fell a little, but she tried not to let Kyungsoo see. "I see,"

Kyungsoo nodded and proceeded to the door. He could still feel her stare on the back of his neck. "Kyung-" before she could finish calling his name he was already by the bedside and crawling into the covers. He faced her surprised face. 

"Now go to sleep." A small smile spread across her face and she nodded before closing her eyes and finally dozing off.

Silently, he brushed a loose hair out of her face and stared at her. Although she wasn't the most beautiful girl in the world, she had her own charms that captured people's hearts. And Kyungsoo hated to admit it, but he was one of those people. He had fallen for his step sister.

When Kyungsoo woke up the next morning he found that Haru was no longer by his side. Quickly jumping up from the bed, he walked out the bedroom door still in his pajama pants. The slight worry that had been sitting on his chest evaporated immediately as he spotted Haru in the kitchen attempting to cook by watching Lay.

Kyungsoo began to walk towards them but stopped in his tracks. He had to erase the ious night from his mind. He couldn't harbor feelings for his step sister. In fact, Kyungsoo had known for awhile that he was in love with her and taken all the necessary precautions. He made sure to keep his distance, made sure to never pay more than the necessary amount of attention to her, though he found that he did more so than he'd like. All the things they use to do in the pass together, he refrained from. And Kyungsoo could tell very well that she was hurt from it.

He returned to the bathroom and decided to take a long shower. Stripping off his clothes Kyungsoo stepped into the bathtub. As the hot water rained down on him, images of last night flooded his mind. Kyungsoo wanted to hold her again, he wanted to sleep next to her every night, and most importantly he wanted to kiss her all the time. 

His mind wandered next, to all the times that other guys had asked her out and the feeling of overwhelming jealously he felt when she was too kind to say no and accepted them. It was always he who had to get rid of the guys by telling it to them straight. Kyungsoo punched the side of the wall when a particular memory ran through his mind. 

He still remembered it clearly, the first few days when he had just introduced Haru to the rest of the exo members. Sehun, that idiot of a maknae, had stolen her first kiss. Kyungsoo was absolutely livid and almost choked the kid to death. He was still jealous.

Kyungsoo was well aware that breakfast was over when he had gotten out of the shower. What he didn't expect was to see Haru waiting from him when he entered the kitchen. 

"Kyungsoo,"

He cringed on the inside when she called his name so tenderly. Trying his best to push the feeling away and ultimately failing, he answered with a simple hmm.

She didn't answer at first and he knew what was on her mind, "Why have you been avoiding me?"

"I haven't,"

"Liar," she mumbled softly under her breath. 

Kyungsoo tensed, he was a liar. He lied about not avoiding her, and he lied to himself that he didn't love her in more than a non sisterly way. Yet, he still continued to lie to her. "I'm leaving,"

A small fragile hand grabbed onto his and he stopped in place.

"Why are you avoiding me? After so long, I was so happy to be next to you again last night. So wh-" Haru didn't get the chance to finish when her hand was flung off of him. 

He didn't want to here these words, he didn't want her to let him hope. "Don't speak so carelessly, I was only being a brother to you."

"Stop lying! Why won't you talk to me anymore? Why do you avoid me? Kyungsoo, you're making my heart ache." Haru's small hand clenched her shirt tightly, biting back the tears that threatened to spill. "Why do you make me so sad when I see you turn your back on me?"

Kyungsoo closed his eyes, the girl was so naive. It's called love, you dumb girl. He hoped she wouldn't touch him again because he would surely break.  He didn't want to see her tears.

"Kyungsoo-ya," she reached out to grab him again.

He snapped, "Stop calling my name! Stop looking at me with those eyes! Stop trying to make me love you with all my heart when I know we can't be together." He had grabbed the sides of her arms, and although he knew he must've been hurting her she didn't say a thing.

Her hand went up to touch the side of his tear stained cheek. He had been crying but he didn't even notice. It was love, she loved him. She knew as she saw the man in front of her on the verge of breaking. "Why do you care?"

His eyes widened at her words.

"We can be together if we want. It's not like we're directly related by blood. I love you Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo's heart swelled at her words, he wanted to jump for joy. 

"I love you, so why does anything else matter."

Kyungsoo dropped his gaze from her. He couldn't turn back now, not when the girl of his dreams just confessed her love to him. He just hopped she wouldn't regret it.

"Don't ever," he looked at her, "take back your words."

And then he kissed her. They met in a fiery kiss, their lips molding perfectly together as if they were made for each other. Kyungsoo pressed her body closer to his as her arms s their way around his neck, effectively pulling him deeper into the kiss. 

They pulled back after awhile but Kyungsoo wouldn't let her out of his embrace and she was more than happy to oblige. He was never letting her go.