Yi Bo

I Wasn't Being Serious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I remember reading The Great Gatsby and it mentioning not to judge people so quickly. She wasn't special, she did well in school like everyone is supposed to, she didn't play an instrument, she wasn't in choir, her art was above average but she wasn't passionate about it, she played a small part in our school play, but didn't like the experience because she found the people a nuisance, she couldn't dance, she didn't do anything, but something about her made her special.

On her first day I remember how everyone had been dying to know who she was and why she would come to school midway throught second semester. I didn't know until a week later that she was in every single one of my classes.  She blended in with everyone else so well that I couldn't tell there was anything different.

It was when it was warm enough to eat outside my friends began to mention her at lunch.

"You guys know the girl? Ah what's her name, it's uh something Ni. I think it's Yi Ni, it's Wu or Hu Yi Ni, I think that's it," Yi Xuan started, his sudden questioning of her was a bit suspicious.

"Yeah, why?" Wen Han replied giving a distasteful side eye, his tone seemed a bit annoyed by Yi Xuan's question.

"I think she likes me. The other day I saw her getting out of the pool and she was smiling at me and the way she got out was just like, damn. Plus how she was looking at me, it was like she wanted me so bad."

"Stop being such a ert, you probably just imagined it. Not all the girls like you," Wen Han said mking it more obvious that he was angered by Yi Xuan's statement, but it's not like I couldn't disagree. I was with the ert the other day this event happened, but I wasn't aware it was her. We were walking by the pool deck after school and a girl, who I now know was Yi Ni, was getting out of the pool and looked in our general direction. Yi Xuan's overly arrogant side came out and he began talking about how she was giving him "the look", whatever that means.

"Chill, why are you getting so angry, it's not like she's your girlfriend or anything, is she?"

"No, it's just nothing. Me overreacting."

"Okay, but who is this Yi Ni?" Sung Joo asked. Now some may wonder why the name is so un-Chinese, well there's  a simple answer. It's not Chinese, it's Korean. Sung Joo is one of the few forigners at this school.

"She's new, she transferred here last month. She's the one in our Biology class that sits with Liu Yi Yun," I told him.

"Really? I thought she was here all year," Sung Joo said quietly. Seung Yoon, my friend and one of the foreigners, said something to Sung Joo in Korean that sounded like he was calling him an idiot proceeded by a hit on the head.

The rest of lunch went on like a normal day, but Wen Han was still bothered by what Yi Xuan said earlier. The possibility that she was Wen Han's girlfriend seemed nonexistent since the only people I ever see him talk to is us and a few other guys.

 

It was another two weeks until she was mentioned to me again, this time was outside of school.

"Wang Yi Bo, this is Wu Yi Ni and she'll be replacing Ming Ming," My boss told me while I was sweeping the floor, I looked and saw the familiar girl standing next to him with a slig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter