Chapter one

Crush

Donghae was shivering when the cold air hit his face.  He could see his own breath freezing in the air and his hands were pressed in his pockets to net let the icy air touch them. It was a cold winter this year and not to Donghaes liking the netziens kept on predicting snow, rain and blizzards.

When he arrived at a busstop he hurriedly pulled out his map to look if it’s the right place. He folded the sheet out so that its size made him need to also use his second hand to hold it. The map was actually very big what made it even more difficult to search the small busstop he was now. His fingers hurt from becoming numb and the cool wind that was blowing made him barely see anything through his frozen glasses.

After turning the map a few times he muttered some curses as he noticed another person waiting at the busstop. Donghae took a glance at the person. It was obviously a man. He could tell by his tall figure and wide shoulders. The man wore a coat and like donghae he had a scarf wrapped around his neck to protect him from the terrible cold.

Unfortunately donghae forgot to bring a cap with him. He observed the man, who was probably waiting for a bus to take him somewhere else and pondered if he should maybe ask him about the right direction. Suddenly the man turned around like he could read minds and his gaze fell onto Donghae who was standing there with trembling legs and a map in his hand. The area had a very cold and unfriendly aura irrespective of the weather. It simply seemed drepressing at that certain place and that made donghae incredibly uneasy.There were no trees or grass, not that it minded when its winter but the grey huge buildings and the rare traffic on the streets was the reason why there was a thin film of snow on the ground. All in all it was very unlively and lonely and donghae wanted to get away from that place as soon as possible. He didn’t even knew where he was, his map lead him this way.

After donghae had caught the other guy staring at him he flashed a weak smile and continued looking at his map. The sounds of footsteps could be heard and donghae lifted his head to see the other man was slowly approaching him. Donghae tapped his feet in the snow building little holes since he did not know how to handle this as the man stood right in front of him. “you seem lost, can I help you?”, a deep and manly voice asked and the question was defintely for him because there was no one at the busstop but them and because well, he was really lost. “uhm yeah, would be nice”, donghae answered trying not stutter because of the cold.

 “where do you have to go?”

“seoul college for art and music”

“that’s also my way. The single-ed school which is only for boys or the one for boys and girls?”

“…the one for boys”, donghae whispered a bit embarrassed.

The guy smiled at him friendly.

“lets go together. My college is right next to yours”

Donghae just nooded in response not looking at the others eyes straightly. He was thankful but too tired to express it.

Folding his map to put it away, suddenly a bus arrived. The guy focused on searching his ticket, which made donghae hesistate for a second because he wasn’t even done putting his map away yet. The bus stopped and the doors went open to let them both in. He got on the bus a few seconds later than the guy, showing the driver his ticket, which was quite wrinkled and drechend in snow and water.

After the bus door closed everything was becoming clear and warm again. He sat next to the guy since the bus was literally empty and took a glimpse of his seat neighbour. Why did he trust this stranger actually? He could just be any ert or drug dealer or whatever. But believing people too fast, trusting too fast or being naïve have been always one of donghaes biggest weaknesses. He couldn’t do anything about it now anyway. It was too late. He sat in this empty bus heading off to nowhere with a complete stranger. But he was too tired to ask himself more “what if´s…” and the warmth In the bus made him more relaxed. He hid his face in his scarf to make the numbness go away and cringed his toes to get rid of the icy feeling they had.

Every window in the bus was misted by the heater that worked the whole ride with an immense loudness and now he was sure he knew how a blind person must see like because his sight was blocked by the fog on his glasses. Carefully he took them off and started cleaning them with the soft fabric of his scarf, earning a glance from the guy next to him.

“what´s your name actually?”

“donghae. Lee Donghae”

“I´m siwon, nice to meet you” siwon offered his hand to donghae who was busy cleaning his glasses and didn’t even notice it. As the mist was brushed away from the Glasses donghae put them on and looked into siwons eyes. The latter was handsome, he thought. Siwon had dark hair that was neatly styled and a nearly flawless face, big brown eyes, a perfectly pointed nose and plumb lips that curved into a smirk when he caught donghae staring at him. He just smiled back and his gaze fell on the floor again, suddenly finding his shoes the most interesting thing on earth.

An awkward silence was in the bus, no one of them daring to say a word, only the annoying sound of the heater and the engines. Even though donghae was usually a cheerful, talkactive and happy person he wasn’t in the mood starting a conversation now, or even making new friends. He was bad at making new friends and preferred the ones he had. He hadn’t the confidence approaching people and talking with them like siwon did before with him. If someone wanted to become friends with donghae it was another thing. If he was the one being approached donghae was nice and tried to stay in contact with them for a long time like he did with one of his best friends leeteuk. But leeteuk wasn’t here now nor was any of his friends. He was alone. A new life started for him at the college. Now he was the one who had to make new friends.

Donghae sighed and scanned the seat next to him. It took him a few seconds to notice the seat was empty and he looked around worried as he heard a soft chuckle. Siwon was standing at the busdoor waiting for the bus to stop and let them off. He bit his lower lip as he stood up as well and went to siwons side. “we need to get off here. Its not far anymore. Only about 100 meters” The doors opened and the cold air was welcoming them again. Immediately donghae rubbed his hands together and blew on them as the numb feeling was taking over his body again. They walked a few meters and suddenly they stood in front of a huge building. “seoul university college for art and music” was written on it .that´s it donghae thought. His new college.

“my college is about a mile next to yours, so maybe we´ll get to see each other more often. it Was nice to meet you, lee donghae. Have a nice day”, siwon greeted and donghae showed his thankfulness with a deep bow.

When siwon turned and left towalk to his own college, donghae observed the building. The area was quite beautiful with the thin layer of snow everywhere. There were some trees and banks under them. It must for sure be nice to sit there when its summer. As much as he wanted to admire the places beauty so much the cold was hurting the tip of his fingers and he decided to go in.

inside he swept off the little mountains of snow that builded up on his shoulders during the walk he made with siwon and ruffled his chocolate brown hair to made the wetness go away. Although it was a depressing day with depressing weather, the college seemed quite lively and people were running and talking everywhere.

Only boys of course since well, this was a boys college. When donghae applied for multiple colleges that were teaching photography he got accepted only by one. A boys college. At first he was frustrated and even thought on giving up his dream of becoming a photographer but later he knew how stupid it was to let himself go down because of a stupid college. He had a lot friends who were boys so it wouldn’t be difficult to get along with them. And girls, girls he would see sooner or later someday. He didn’t believe in those rumors of love at college and he just wanted to have fun learning more about his passion- photography!

No new messages arrived at his phone Donghae noticed after he checked if his sister was already there, waiting for him. She promised to bring his bags and stuff that he wouldnt have to drag it all the way from the bus to the college. 

Puffing his cheeks in boredom he nearly jumped when the harsh sound of the ringing bell echoing in the whole hall. the most students were running to the classromes, some were leaving the building. Donghae got out of their way and walked upstairs to search the principal office. He was new here after all and he had to show up and talk with the principle to get some important infos like where his room would be or with whom he was sharing a room.

Slowly the halls started to become empty and quiet. It was lesson in the most of the classes. Wandering around Donghae found many interesting rooms like

"Theatre" "Art room" "Music auditorium" and so on. A smile appeared on his face when he found a room which said "photography studio". After some time he was at the second floor scanning every single hall and hallway. Donghae soon found the hallway down to the students dorms. his lips he tried to identfy something through the glassdoor that was seperating the dorms from the actual college.

He took a few glances but he wouldnt recognize anything; tip-toeing didnt help much either. Downstairs he spotted a sign that directed him to the principle office. The hallway he was following now was decorated very nicely. Everywhere there were photos with students and their achievements or just pictures of all the great excoursions they made, 

standing in front of the principle office he took a deep breath and knocked on the wooden door. 

"come in", a voice ordered and Donghae obeyed, bowing perfectly 90° degrees when he entered the room.

"I see, you´re a well-mannered child, Lee Donghae", the man on the chair in the middle of the room spoke amused as he leaned back , watching Donghae.

"Good Morning", Donghae greeted again, ignoring the word "child". 

"come in and ttake a seat",the principle instructed and held his hand out to donghae, who shook it carefully and placed himself right on the chair in front of him afterwards.

"I´ve already been exspecting you. you´re the new student who is going to attend the photography and sport courses, am I right?"

Donghae nooded. "yes, Sir. I´m thankful you accepted my applyment"

The principal scoffed. "with your good grades it would be a shame not accepting you. its a honor, lee donghae."

He flashed the boy a smile and the latter grinned back shyly, plaing with the hem of his shirt.

"but I dont want to take you time for useless conversations like this, we´ve got more important things to do!", the principle instructed pulling out a stack of paper fromhis drawer. 

"this are your assignments. you´ll find your timetable and schedule in there but also some information about our school, a map if you get lost and not to forget the termins for the upcoming exams", he explained and Domghae listened carefully. 

"Oh, and the most important thing..." the principal went down and searched in another drawer until he found a little. tiny something and handed it out to Donghae "the key for your room. your number is 27b. and your roommate is Cho Kyuhyun, dont worry he seems a bit cold at first but you´ll get along with him", the principle lied not daring to look at donghaes eyes.

He somehow pitied the new student for sharing a room with Cho Kyuhyun. But there was noother solution. It was the only available room.

After Donghae left the office he stared at the card he just got. "cho kyuhyun", he whispered and made his way to room 27b.

 

 

 

-----------

 

sry if there are a few mistakes. ot´s 4 AM now and i dont feel like correcting it now kkk

pls comment