Lady

Lady

Choi Youngjae bit his lip, trying to keep a smile from forming on his face. It didn't help that she had just looked in his direction, which was rare since her friends were sitting in front of her. He quickly looked away, lowering his head to hide the blush that was creeping upon his cheeks.

She was a beautiful girl. She was beautiful, smart, kind and just about any other trait you'd want to find in a girl. She had a beautiful smile and a soft voice that made him want to wrap his arms around her whenever she spoke and encourage her not to be shy. She was a shy girl, but so was he. She had more friends than him and always liked to be with them, though she was quiet around strangers. On the other hand, there were times when Youngjae merely wanted to be alone.

This was one of those times. Science class just ended, a class he really didn't like. Though he was happy it was over, the fact that he had just been reprimanded for something he didn't even do made him dislike it more. He had never liked science. He never understood all those facts and whatnot.

But the smile and wave from that one girl made him feel better. Yes, he liked her. Wasn't it obvious? He stared out of his window, thinking, or daydreaming. He'd love to see the day when that girl would talk to him for something that wasn't class related. Just normal or random things, questions like how was his day and etcetera. Though that was impossible. Those questions were almost always asked a person to their other half, and she, much to his disappointment, most definitely was not his girlfriend.

"Umm... Youngjae-ssi?"

A soft voice made him snap out of his beautiful daydream. He turned to look and saw her, the beautiful girl. Her long wavy hair was hanging in front of her face which made him want to fix it for her and she had her head lowered.

"Yes, Suzy-ssi?"

This was strange. They never talked to each other. When they did, it was always Youngjae who started the conversation, not her. He felt this was a nice change.

"Do you already have a partner for the project?"

Her question made him raise his eyebrows in surprise and confusion. Normally, for projects that needed a partner, she would usually pair up with her friends. He shook his head in reply. But then, he got an idea on what she was about to say. What she said next confirmed that he was right.

"Can you be my partner?" she asked shyly.

He felt a smile grow on his face, but he quickly covered his mouth to hide it, and nodded, his eyes forming crescents because of the huge smile on his face.

"Sure. When are we going to talk about it and do it? And where?"

She raised her head slowly, a confused expression on her face when he saw his mouth covered with his hand but it faded when she shrugged.

"It's up to you, I don't mind. It can be your house if you want,"

His eyes widened. At his house? Her? For real? He'd be too shy to invite her there. Of course, they weren't close and they weren't partners for anything so she had no reason to go to his house. Except now...

"Okay."

He was surprised at his words. Did he really just say yes to them doing the project at his house? He blinked a few times, kicking himself underneath the table to make sure it was real.

She gave him a small smile. "That's good. Should we meet after school outside so we can start already?"

He nodded. The sooner they get this started, the better. And he was willing to do it anytime she wanted.... Just not at the last minute. He hated cramming. He feels like it he gets stressed because of it.

She went back to her seat and he went back to looking out of the window. He couldn't help but think about it. He was going to spend time with her. At his house. Again, a smile made its way to his face.

The rest of the day passed like a breeze and soon, class had ended. As soon as the bell, he immediately stuffed his things inside his bag, slung it over his shoulder, and practically ran out of the classroom. He made his way to his younger friend's classroom, waiting for them to come out.

When they did, he grabbed them by the arm.

"Woah, what's wrong with you?"
"Kim Yugyeom, you have got to help me,"
"With what?"

Youngjae was really nervous, but he was happy. This was the first time a girl was going to his house and the girl just happened to be his crush.

"Suzy's going to my house,"

Yugyeom's eyes widened.

"Seriously?"
"Yes," Youngjae nodded. "We're going to do a project. Wah! What should I do?"
"First, calm down."

Youngjae took a deep breath and exhaled. He did it over and over until the nervousness went away. But it quickly returned, causing him to sigh.

"Then second, good luck!"

Youngjae watched as Yugyeom ran away from him, before turning and starting to walk slowly in the other direction, trying to calm himself down as he walked. When he got out of the building, Suzy was already there. He ran up to her and immediately started apologizing for making her wait.

"It's fine," she told him. "I didn't wait for long, anyway,"
"So... Should we go?"

She nodded and together, with Youngjae leading the way, they went down the sidewalk, taking a ten minute walk of silence to Youngjae and his brother's apartment.

"Hyung!" Youngjae shouted, opening the door to his apartment. "You can go in," he told Suzy, opening the door wider for her. She bowed and went inside, taking off her shoes. 

Youngjae followed her inside, looking for his brother. He found his brother inside the kitchen, eating triangle kimbap. He raised his eyebrows at his brother, who held it out for him. He sighed and took a bite.

"We'll be upstairs, hyung!"
"Wait. We?" Youngjae's brother stopped him by grabbing his shoulder.
"Yes, we,"
"Who's with you?"

Youngjae's cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

"Introduce me," his brother ordered at once.

Youngjae had no choice but to obey. He finished the kimbap and threw the wrapper in the trashcan, swallowing.

"Suzy-ssi!" Youngjae called. "Meet my brother," he led his brother to the living room, where Suzy was looking at his collection of CDs. When she saw his brother, she immediately bowed.
"Annyeonghaseyo," she greeted. "I'm Bae Suzy,"
"I'm Youngjae's brother," he spoke, saying his name. "You're Youngjae's friend from school? Or girlfriend?"
"Ah! Hyung! She's not my girlfriend!" Youngjae denied.
"Whatever you say,"

Youngjae was so shy. After introductions, Youngjae told Suzy to go up to his room, telling her it was the second door to the right, and she did.

"You like her, don't you?"

The blush on Youngjae's cheeks gave it away. Of course, he liked her. She was perfect.

__________________________________________________________


Hi!! This turned out longer than I expected ^^ But how was it?? Any comments? ;)