Somnambulism

Somnambulism

Sleep walking is quite a dangerous habit. The person could fall down, got hit by something or someone could take advantage of them easily. Ryeowook didn’t know that he actually has this habit. He didn’t know that he is actually having midnight walks. Only two people knew about Ryeowook’s habit. One of them is Henry.

Henry is Ryeowook’s roommate. He tends to wake up in the middle of the night because of a dream or the need to urinate. Then he would find Ryeowook’s bed empty. He didn’t mind that fact during the 1st night but after 3 more nights, he began to get curious.

“Ryeowook, where did you go last night?”

“I didn’t go anywhere last night. Why are you asking that question when we were together the entire night?” Ryeowook looked at Henry with a confuse expression.

“But I saw you getting up from the bed and walking out of our room.”

“Huh? You were probably dreaming or something. I was definitely having a good night sleep all night. Besides, I’m not like Donghae and Zhoumi, who would sneak out of their rooms to go to the clubs.”

Henry stared hard at Ryeowook. He was sure of what he saw last night but he was also sure that Ryeowook was not lying or trying to make up excuses. That night he stayed awake all night so he can observe Ryeowook.

“Ryeowook, where are you going?”

He asked when he saw Ryeowook sitting up on the bed but he didn’t receive a reply from Ryeowook. That’s when he stared harder and noticed that Ryeowook’s eyes are closed. Then Ryeowook stood up and walked out of the room. Henry instantly followed.

At first, he was worried that perhaps Ryeowook might fall from the stairs or trip over the big rock but amazingly, Ryeowook didn’t lose his footing. Henry remained amazed as he followed Ryeowook. // So this is how sleep walking works…pretty cool…I wonder where he’s going though…//

He saw a guy approach Ryeowook. Henry was ready to jump out from his hiding place and attack when the guy stepped under the lamp post. He immediately recognized the guy as Siwon.

“Sleep walking with bare feet again. Your feet are going to be dirty if you don’t put slippers on.” Siwon said as he placed a hand on Ryeowook’s shoulder, which made Ryeowook stop walking. He took this opportunity to bend down and put the slippers he brought on Ryeowook’s feet.

Henry noticed that it was not the same slippers that Ryeowook would wear in the bedroom so that means Siwon really brought another pair of slippers for Ryeowook. This could also mean that Siwon knows about Ryeowook’s habit and seems to be meeting up with Ryeowook every night. Maybe that’s why Siwon has dark circle under his eyes.

The next thing Siwon did was put on a jacket on Ryeowook’s shoulders. “You should wear something warm so you won’t get sick. We have busy schedules and I might not be able to take care of you if you get sick.”

Henry wondered why Siwon have to talk as if Ryeowook is awake. Talking might wake Ryeowook up but then again, Siwon probably knows that talking won’t easily wake up Ryeowook. If only Ryeowook was awake, he would probably be blushing from all the attention, love and care Siwon was giving to him.

Henry felt like he was actually intruding a private moment so he decided to stop following. He doesn’t need to worry about Ryeowook now that he knows that Siwon will be there to protect and take care of his friend.

The next night…

Siwon waited for Ryeowook by the lamppost. He noticed that there seems to be something different about Ryeowook tonight. “You seem to be walking slower tonight. You didn’t hurt your feet, did you?” He inspected Ryeowook’s feet before putting on the slippers.

After putting on the slippers, Ryeowook started to walk again. That’s when Siwon noticed another different thing. Ryeowook had his head hung down instead of the usual chin up. Siwon didn’t really mind the difference. He just thought that perhaps Ryeowook was feeling more tired than usual.

They held hands as they continued to walk. They went to their usual route at the park and eventually would end up at the lake. Siwon bent down again to roll up Ryeowook’s pajama bottoms and take off the slippers. Both sat on the grass as they let their legs dip in the water. Siwon would usually start talking about anything that comes in his mind. He knew that Ryeowook would never reply to him. But this time, it wasn’t Siwon that started the conversation.

“So how long have you been doing this?”

Siwon was shock to hear Ryeowook’s voice. He turned to see Ryeowook with eyes wide open. “You’re not asleep?” He asked in shock.

“No, not tonight.“ Ryeowook replied as he looked down at their linked hands. “So how long have we been dating?”

“Eh?!?! Um…” Siwon was blushing furiously as he looked away. “…almost a month, I think..”

“Why didn’t you tell me? I got to know about it from Henry.”

“How did Henry know? I didn’t tell you because I don’t want you to be worried with your weird habit. I don’t care how many sleepless nights I have to go through if it means spending the night with you. I like protecting and taking care of you.” Siwon got the courage to look at Ryeowook again. “If you think that in some way I’m taking advantage of you, then I’m sorry.”

“Thank you for everything but this shouldn’t continue.”

“Oh…well, I guess we could think of something else to keep you from walking around at night…” Siwon felt his heart break. He knew this wouldn’t last forever.

“Please don’t misunderstand. I’m just worried about you health too. It’s not good that you’ve been having sleepless nights because of me. If you want us to continue dating, let’s do it in the morning when I’m wide awake and fully conscious, okay?”  Then Ryeowook covered his mouth to yawn. “Sorry, I’m just really sleepy. I was tempted to simply just fall asleep while I was pretending to be asleep.”

“Let’s go back to the hotel.” Siwon felt happy as he knew that Ryeowook didn’t reject him after all. No more midnight walks but he’s certainly looking forward to their broad daylight dates. He also reminded himself to thank Henry and ask if Henry was spying on him.

THE END

A/N:  If you don't comment then... that means you talk and snore in your sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!! So...... comments please? ^^