Higher and Higher

Paper Planes

“Let me in!!!”  Jieyu yelled banging on the door. She pouted sitting on the ground. It was a hard day for four year old Jieyu, especially since her two friends wouldn’t let her play with them on the basis of the fact that “girls aren’t allowed” into their “fort.”

Tears started forming in her eyes, as she sat down. Jieyu was not only the youngest person with powers in the East, she was also the only girl. For some reason, in her generation there just weren’t many girls. It also didn’t help that Zitao and Sehun had gotten to the age where girls had cooties and boys ruled. Despite the fact that this would change in a couple years, it only meant that Jieyu lost her playmates.

As she sat there crying, a young boy seemed to notice her and bent down to see what was wrong. “Yuyu, what’s wrong?”

tumblr_nhngpwkE611ralgblo1_500.jpg

Jieyu sniffled, “Hannie Tao and Sehun aren’t letting me play with them because I’m a girl!” she answered pouting.

Confused, Luhan looked up to the little makeshift for the two boys had created and saw the “NO GIRLS ALLOWED” displayed plainly on a piece of paper in front of it.  He pursed his lips and turned to the little girl in front of him, “It’s okay Yuyu, I’ll play with you.”

She looked up hopeful, “Really?”

“Really.” The boy answered, taking out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiping her tears away. “Besides, we can play games that they can’t right?”

Jieyu blinked at him confused, “Like what?”

Smiling, the young boy took Jieyu by the hand. Together, they ran to one of the office buildings. “Hannie what are we doing?” 

“Shh.” He answered shushing the girl. “Get on my back, so you can see inside.” Carefully, she climbed on and the two of them peered into the room. “Do you see the stacks of paper over there Yuyu?” He said pointing.

“Yes!”

“You have to get one, and then I’ll get one too. Do you think you could do that?”

“Okay!” Jieyu then obediently set on the task of moving the sheet of paper from the stack in the room towards the open window. She narrowed her eyes and furrowed her eyebrows focusing on it intently, trying to get it to move. Luhan looked up at the young girls face and smiled thinking she was cute.

After a moment, the top sheet of paper slowly began moving, followed by another, floating towards the two young children. It wasn’t quite smooth, but Jieyu was still young and her powers were still developing, and knowing this Luhan did help her just a tad.

tumblr_n8u173bu201tggvdso1_500.gif

Keeping one arm around Luhan’s neck, Jieyu reached out and took the papers, grasping them happily. “Hannie I did it!” She exclaimed proudly, “It went all the way from over there to over here! I moved it that far!”

“Good job Jieyu,” Luhan replied, “But we have to be quiet remember?”

“Oh, sorry.”

Luhan didn’t reply, choosing to only laugh instead. The two of them then made their way to one of the rooftop gardens with Jieyu still on Luhan’s back. After he set her down,  he carefully took the papers and folded them into two paper airplanes and handed one to Jieyu. “Let’s see who can make it go the highest.” He explained.

Jieyu nodded, and soon the two of them were laying on the ground and watching two paper planes soar very high into the sky, although one was travelling much smoother than the other. “Hannie I’m going to make mine go higher than yours is!” She said excitedly standing up and jumping at them.

tumblr_mhgxi0BTFD1qb32uvo3_500.gif

The boy laughed and sat up, “Are you?”

And just as the little girl’s plane started to falter, Luhan’s plane suddenly took a nose dive. “Ahhhh no, no no!” He said loudly.

Jieyu jumped up and down happily. “Hannie look I did it! I did it I made my plane go higher than yours!”

Luhan smiled at her happily, “Yeah you did, isn’t this funner than anything you’d do with those two meanies?”

“Yes!” answered happily, running and throwing her arms around Luhan’s neck for a hug. “Thanks Hannie.” she said beaming.

He smiled at her, “No problem.”

a/n: And that's the end! This is one of my favorite drabbles my friends have written for me. Truly marshmallow sweet and all things good~ I hope you had an equally nice journey through child!Luhee world.

tumblr_n01tm8qOR21rmj8nxo1_500.jpg

Just a thing I found on tumblr, thought my readers might be interested ;)