Chapter 1

Disappearing inside myself

                                                                   Hyoyeon's POV:

They didn't realise she could hear every word. The way Tiffany, Jessica and Taeyeon spoke about her, it was a mixture of irritation and pity. That was one thing she couldn't stand, pity. She was washing the dishes one evening, when voices from the living room filtered in through the closed door, the hushed whispers compelling her to inch closer, to listen in. Oh boy how she regretted that decision. It was Tiffany she heard first, "I get what you mean Tae, not that I don't love Hyo to pieces, but she's kinda hurting our image." "Yeah, Hyo doesn't really do anything, it's not her fault, it's just she isn't the image of an idol," Taeyeon replied. The same Taeyeon who always told her to never change who she was, and that she was perfect just the was she was. That really stung. But what hurt more was when her best friend of almost a decade, Sica, decided to add to the conversation. "I lover her like a sister, but I don't know why she was put in SNSD, I'm gkad she was, but I can't see why." She could feel her eyes starting to fill with water, so she tiptoed out of the kitchen and into her room. Luckily Seo was in Yoona's room, she she didn't have to face any awkward queations about her tears.

An hour or so later, Sooyoung's call made her jump, "Hyoyeon, we're watching a movie, come and join us." She couldn't face them, not knowing that she was a disapointment, so she yelled back an escuse and hid under her blankets. 

                                                                          Taeyeon's POV:

That's odd, Hyo normally loves movie nights, she thought to herself. Looking around, the other seven girls looked remotely puzzled Hyoyeon not joining them, but they all played it off as tiredness, or a headache. Their girly nights in tended to get loud and giggly, not the sort of environment you want if you're not feeling your best. She had no idea that the dancer had heard her honest words earlier, nor the long term pain she had caused one of her closest friends.

                                                                          Hyoyeon's POV:

I can't let them down. I need to make SNSD successful, I can't be a weak link. I'll do whatever I need to. Stylist Unnie said I was looking a bit chubby last week, maybe that's contributed to our lack of bookings recently Yoona is so beautiful, easily the most popular member. She's perfect, so thin, unlike me. I need to try harder to be just like her. I'll be the slimmest one day, and it'll make me known all over Korea, and I'll make my eight sisters proud.