Thinking of you

Thinking of you

 

“Seulgi unnie is really cute these days…”

 

Blushing at the memory of her own words in that certain episode of an interview, the tall maknae of Red Velvet began shaking her head to erase the forming thoughts, somehow, ever since her confession declaration, she had found herself thinking of the older girl more often than necessary.

 

Though she had always been fond of the teddy bear look alike, she tend to brush the idea off as a harmless affection and that the other was really adorable, just like how her nickname suggest.

 

But to her surprise, it seems like her doting side for the certain member just increases as the time passes by.

 

“Hey~ Sooyoung ah!”

 

Coming in with large books with her, she was glad that one of her classmates finally broke her train of thoughts. She’s currently at their mock test for college entrance exam.

 

“What are you thinking so deep about?”

 

Her seatmate asked.

 

Smiling at the very question, it was not like she can answer the inquiry truthfully. She then shook her head before dragging the confused girl to their classroom.

 

“It’s nothing…”

 

****
 

Gathering her stuff as she packed the poor back pack with loads of multi colored notes and tons of pens, Joy, or known as Sooyoung to her classmates, began bidding her group of friends goodbye when she saw the ride that was sent to fetch her.

 

Since the mock exam will last 3 days, a close relative figured to have her stay at her place instead and to drive her to the university as to not resort of having to go back and forth on the shared dormitory, momentarily leaving her Red Velvet unnies so she could focus better.

 

Going in at the small unit, she bid her auntie good night before closing the door to her temporary room.

 

Contemplating on calling, she then ignored her phone, momentarily throwing it as she went onto her bed.

 

It hasn’t been that long since she left their dorm and yet here she is, already missing a certain single eyelid girl.

 

It then made her let out a frustrated scream when warm smile invaded her thoughts.

 

“Aish!”

 

Sitting grumpily as she laid on her bed, she then the TV in hopes of diverting her attention elsewhere.

 

However, the effect of what she did was the opposite of what she wanted.

 

Seeing how the shows don’t get her interest at all, the tall girl flipped through the channels in boredom, almost wanting to turn off the appliance until white color invaded her sight.

 

Eyes being fixated on the program she seldom watches, she then heaved a sigh and had officially given up.

 

“Whatever! I don’t know anymore…”

 

Scrolling through her contacts as her phone magically went on her hand, she then stopped when a certain display picture caught her eyes.

 

She then did an internal battle before she pressed the telephone icon button and waited.

 

“Hello?”

 

Answering with a gentle tone, the calming sound entered her ears and it made her smile automatically at the cute voice.

 

“Uhhh…unnie?”

 

She then said in low tone, it was too late for her to back out now, especially since the other had already picked up her call.

 

“Oh? Hey Joy, what’s up?”

 

Asked the older girl, it was only few days ago since they last seen each other so she must be wondering what it could be the giant maknae wanted.

 

“N-Nothing really…”

 

The taller girl stuttered, lying was not something she does often so she didn’t know what to do.

 

Besides, who would believe her when she practically called in the middle of the night?

 

“Why? It’s rare for you to call…did something happened?”

 

Feeling warm and cozy at the concern, the group’s “hwaiting” representative couldn’t erase the smile that was plastered on her face.

 

So even the dense unnie can still see through the obvious lie and was indeed worried for her.

 

“Uhm…I just thought of calling…I missed your voice…”

 

She then said honestly.

 

“Eh? Thanks?”

 

The older girl replied, her voice indicating a little shyness and it made the jolly girl imagine the adorable unnie.

 

After a short silence from neither girls, it was when something clicked the mind of the chicken lover.

 

“Anyway, what are you up to unnie?”

 

The younger girl asked.

 

Feeling a shifting sound, she then figured that the other might also be on her bed, about time to be hibernating or something similar.

 

“Me? I’m reading a book earlier...I was about to sleep… How about you?”

 

Seulgi replied after sometime.

 

Looking up to see the screen that had been playing with a talking narrator in it, the 96-liner pouted her lips.

 

“I’m…watching…animal kingdom…”

 

She then relayed.

 

Hearing a sudden chuckle on the other line, it was a reaction she had expected from the older girl.

 

“What? In this time of the night?”

 

The other had to ask, curious as to how bored the young one might be that she resorted to such program.

 

“Yeah…I can’t sleep somehow and they are featuring polar bears…”

 

With her rather large ears perking up at the words, the mono-eyelid member gave off a curious tone.

 

“Polar Bears?”

 

She then inquired.

 

Nodding unconsciously as she stared at the white mass of fur, Joy had to smile at the sudden resemblance.

 

“Yeah, you know, the snow colored ones? Kinda looks a bit like you unnie…”

 

She then disclosed.

 

Letting off her trademark laugh, the said animal replica began her assault inside the younger one’s heart as she was proven fond of the said contagious laughter.

 

“So I’m associated with any kind of Bear now?”

 

Seulgi asked between her giggles.

 

Eyes widening in surprise as she was taken aback since she hasn’t realized yet, the group’s aegyo specialist didn’t want to offend the adorable unnie as she tried to explain her thoughts.

 

“N-No it’s not like that…it’s just that…”

 

Carefully choosing her words, she eventually resorted on saying what was on her mind all along.

 

“…It’s just no matter what I do… I end up thinking about you”

 

With the honest words reverberating on the sudden silence, neither dared to speak as it was apparent to them the impact of the equally surprising words.

 

When the unbelievably dense unnie began to get the meaning, a light movement made the younger girl flush as she bit her lips.

 

At this, the owner of the outrageous sentence began stuttering as she thought of a good excuse to get out of the embarrassing outburst.

 

“A-Ah! S-Sorry, maybe I should hang up…I think I heard auntie just now. Bye Gi unnie!”

 

She then said in haste, not even waiting for the older girl to reply back as the familiar *beep* sound indicated their ended call.

 

With both girls blushing furiously, they held onto their phones with all their might, as if doing so will calm down their rumbling hearts.

 

Landing her face on the nearby pillow, the tall young one began bashing the soft material as she flailed at the white mass.

 

“Aish…What’s with that so cheesy line?!”

 

Joy then thought as she cursed herself. Oh what an embarrassing thing to say even if what she told was the truth.

 

On the other hand, while the other was thrashing about, the teddy bear member was still stunned as she remained on her spot, ironically frozen still while her cheeks burned as she held her reddening face.

 

****
 

That morning, while Seulgi was rubbing her eyes since she woke up pretty late, she then saw her tiny friend, busily creating a meal with an older girl helping her.

 

Today was another day off so the two girls decided to do kitchen 101 since the young Canadian showed interest in learning more Korean dishes.

 

“Hey Seul~”

 

Wendy greeted the half asleep mammal replica, flashing a wide smile.

 

“Hi Seungwan~ Irene unnie~”

 

She greeted both, with the leader simply smiling along.

 

“Is that for lunch?”

 

She then asked, since it’s a bit late to be breakfast. Maybe brunch could pass but definitely not the former.

 

Seeing a nod from the shorter one, her eyes landed one by one on the prepared meals, most are made of different rice dishes.

 

She was about to go grab herself some cold water when a certain golden colored food made her eyes lit up.

 

“Chicken?”

 

Seeing the breaded goodness, a flashing smile entered her mind all of a sudden, along its chubby cheeked owner.

 

“Joy”

 

It then reminded her of the younger girl.

 

Smiling at how she thought of their adorable and cute maknae, her eyes disappeared into a thin crescent shape.

 

Seeing how their resident bear began grinning, the two girls gave each other confused look and questioning stares.

 

“Hey, what’s with that…creepy smile?”

 

Wendy had to break her train of thoughts, raising her ever so expressive eyebrows, while the oldest spared a small nod of agreement.

 

Knowing she couldn’t get away with the teasing should she tell the real reason, she then gave an innocent look.

 

“Nothing. Anyway, Joy is coming back today right? Can I borrow her for the rest of the day?”

 

She then asked in high hopes.

 

Looking at each other again as they thought about the words, the leader summarized their decision.

 

“Just bring her back before bed time”

 

Irene then said.

 

Nodding as she laughed a little, she made two thumbs up before leaving the bewildered girls alone.

 

Going along as she hummed to their debut single “Happiness”, she then imitated the rap part as she walked along their hallway like the dumb bear she was baptized to be.

 

When she got out and into the windy veranda, the familiar smell of fried chicken from the neighborhood suddenly invaded her senses.

 

Even from far away, she can’t miss the distinct aroma. Just like how she can’t miss the uniqueness of her dongsaeng.

 

She then smiled for the umpteenth time as the food automatically reminded her of their group’s cute Joy.

 

“It seems that…I’m thinking of you too…”

 

 - THE END -

 

Yay! Another one done~ I hope you enjoyed it though its shorter than my usual. ^_^

Anyway, I see lots of JoyGi these days and I feel great now that they seem to be doing better in the ff section, I hope to see more from here on~ Keep it up my fellow ChicBear hunters XD

See you guys on my next fic again~ hwaiting! RV jjang~! jya neh! :)