Dawn

Krisoo Collection

Dawn : Dario Marianelli & Jean Yves-Thibaudet


August 25th, 2008

                Dear Kyungsoo,

The fall air is already starting to get cold. The trees already changing from green to gold, its quiet beautiful actually. It’s times like these where I find myself growing even fonder of the house and dreading when I will have to leave it. How you can see the whole lake before your eyes, watching as Mother Nature moves around without a care in the world. How is it now?

August 25th, 2010

                Dear Yifan,

Green to gold have not welcomed me just yet for the air is slightly chilled but no need for a sweater just yet but the sunset is just marvelous. I might have to take a picture and see if I can capture its beauty on my canvas. Only if I find the motive to look for it.

♦♦♦♦♦

December 6th, 2010

                Dear Yifan,

I remember you telling me that your daughter was coming to visit soon. If you don’t mind me asking how old is your child? Does she look like you? I’m sorry if it’s personal but since you told me I have been so curious to how beautiful she must be for you to mention her all the time. It is a warm feeling to hear someone talk about a child.

December 6th, 2008

                Dear Kyungsoo,

The questions are not personal. We have been exchanging letters for six months practically every day. My daughter Lauren is the most beautiful thing I have ever created. Fortunately she looks like her mother but she has my eyes. Her hair is light brown and she barely comes up to my knees. I’m thankful that my ex-wife is letting me have her for Christmas. I just wish you were here as well.

♦♦♦♦♦

February 14th, 2009

Dear Kyungsoo,

Are you doing anything tonight? I just spent a good hour attempting to plant a rose bush next to the front entrance since I got it as a gift from my boss at the firm. I hope it survived. At first I was just going to re-gift the small rose plant t then I thought that you may enjoy a little color in the future. Did they come out beautiful?

February 14th, 2011  

                Dear Yifan,

It amazes me to find out you were the one to plant the beautiful rose bush! Sadly only one flower has bloomed but I couldn’t help myself but to cut it from its home and put it in a vase inside. I stare at it when time allows me and admire how deep its color is. Red has always been my favorite. Thank you.

♦♦♦♦♦

May 16th, 2011

Dear Yifan,

The skies are clear and the stars are shining brightly as I sit by the mail box and write you this letter. Nights like this I wish that we could have met under different circumstances than just a common mailbox of a home you once occupied as our only connection. I long to see you, hear your voice of the sweet words you write to me.

May 16th, 2009

                Dear Kyungsoo,

I wish for the same as you. To hold you in my arms, to watch the sunset by your side. But why don’t we try. In the future that is further than you. I would climb every obstacle even if I only get to see you once. You tell me when and where and I will be there.

♦♦♦♦♦

August 12th, 2015

The letters had stopped coming in mid-June of 2012 when Kyungsoo had moved out of the lake house. He used that time to travel the world, experience wonders he had only read in books and filled his computer with hundreds of pictures. But even as his life moved on he refused to forget the promise he made years ago.

                August 12th, 2015. Meet me at the Pont de l'Archevêché Bridge at 7am in Paris, France. Don’t be late.

It was what he told Yifan all those years ago and now here he was. His eyes looking at all the padlocks that litter the bridge. So many lovers wishing for happiness and eternity together. It was just a beautiful thing to witness but made his chest tight.

What was only three years for Kyungso was six for Yifan. He found it silly how he deciding to keep his promise rather than just forgetting about it. How could Yifan keep it after so long? He had a daughter, his own life to live and with that amount of time could have found someone. Even so there was still that slight hope he carried that maybe, just maybe he wouldn’t have forgotten.

Seven o’clock was coming soon and the city was just barely waking up. A few joggers and others talking into their phones animatedly. Kyungsoo walked to a bench nearby as he watched the clock on his phone turn seven.

He anxiously started to look at both ways of the bridge for any sign of him. Of course it doesn’t help when you have the only common knowledge of height, eye color and possible hair color but it was better than nothing. Kyungsoo curled into himself a bit and took his red beanie off his head to flatten the black stands of hair.

Two young girls passed by giggling to each other while another heavy breathing jogger went the opposite direction. Whatever hope he had left was quickly running out, the clock reaching seven thirty. Kyungsoo sighed, leaving the bench with hands stuffed into his jacket pockets. I guess he couldn’t make it.

A tear threatened to leave but rubbed it away as he watched his feet moved across the wooden panels. But in the midst of his sulking Kyungsoo was unaware of a tall figure walking towards him until the bumped bodies. Kyungsoo stumbled onto his behind, a few chosen words cursed in Korean while the other only lost his balance slightly.

“Oh I am so sorry!” The man called out in Korean. It shocked Kyungsoo for a moment but nodded toward the other as he was helped up. “I’m alright no need to anything crazy. I’m sorry I didn’t see you—“. When he finally stood up he was greeted by a tall young man, hair blonde and with an intense stare that made him feel butterflies in his stomach.

“Ummm…” How the stranger kept on looking at him made Kyungsoo feel nervous, as if he just gotten into trouble. The grip of the stranger tightened on his shoulders and their faces suddenly only inches apart, “Sir, I would like it if you could let go of me—“

“Kyungsoo?” The other spoke freezing him in his place. They just stared at each other for a moment before the stranger said, “My eyes look like an owl and my lips are shaped as a small heart.”

The tears Kyungsoo tried to hold before spilled down his cheeks as the man spoke words only one other could have known. “Y-You came.” Yifan smiled as he planted a kiss on top of his forehead.

“I told you when and where.”

Kyungsoo couldn’t hold in his emotions as he cried and wrapped his arms around Yifan’s neck as he felt himself being picked up and large hands circling his waist. Yifan spun them both around in countless circles, listening to the smaller’s laughter and cries of happiness.

“You are so beautiful Kyungsoo. I’m finally here.”


Author's Notes

Length: 1,232 words

Rating: G

Genre: Romance - TimeTravel!AU

"At first when began to write I totally thought I had thought of this idea on my own until a friend told me it reminded her of the movie The Lakehouse and then I realized oh crap your right!! I still went with it none of the less but it made me laugh how I forgot about such a good movie. The piano in Dawn is such a calming state that when I wrote this I imagined both characters sitting next to the bay window and writing there next letter to one another hence the The Lakehose resemblance. Hope you enjoyed this."

.