Chapter 01: Hey.

His Fault. Her Smile

 

"Wake up!"

 

I was startled by my ever-so-strict mother who is currently trying to get me out of my haven. Being the stubborn kid I am, I stirred in bed and rolled to the other side while faking snoring out loud.

 

My mother then shakes her head at my silliness while I stifle a laugh with my palm.

 

"Aren't you gonna get ready?"

 

Get ready for what?

 

"You have 30 minutes left to make it in time for the opening ceremony!"

 

Opening... what?

 

As my poor brain (hey, I'm not that stupid. Just saying.) tries to process what my mom had said, I stumbled out of bed, passed my mother and hurried down the stairs while screaming "Aish, I'm laaate!"

 

~ * ~ * ~

 

As I was running off to school (it's a 15-minute walk, but I might make it through the gates if I run fast enough!), I heard a loud honk behind, startling me.

 

The heck?

 

"Hop in!"

"Why would I? There's no need."

"No matter how much you run, you won't make it in time silly!"

"How would you- wait, who're you calling silly, you jerk!"

"Suit yourself. It's already 7:55."

 

In the end, I ride to school with Jeon Jungkook.

Yup, you heard me right. I am here right now.

Me. A simple girl, riding in this luxurious car thanks (or no thanks) to the school's kingka.

 

~ * ~ * ~

 

"Kim Chaemin~ I know my car's comfy and all but don't you think it's time for you to get off now?"

 

The jerk, who's apparently just a few inches away from me, pokes my cheek while (expectedly) annoying the heck out of me. I put on my poker face but the jerk looks at me with his scrutinizing stare, as if trying to read my mind.

 

"Scared of my fangirls, huh?"

 

I bit my lip and place my gaze towards the window, thinking of a good remark. Actually failing to think of one, I let out a defeated sigh and look at him in the eye.

 

"Okay, you win jerk. But mind you, I am not scared of your fangirls but rather I don't want to be lumped with someone like you. I don't want to be late for class and..."

 

The jerk laughed as I unconsciously babbled on and on, making up lame excuses.

 

 

Jungkook's POV

 

I slowly walk to class right after stopping by my locker and collecting my books. Having no one with me, I suddenly remembered about the small incident this morning which made me chuckle and shake my head at the memory.

 

As she continues to spout nonsensical things, I lean in to her and she look at me shocked as we stare into each other's eyes.

 

"W-what the heck are you doing? Yah Jeon Jungkook!"

 

She said weakly as I lean in closer and reach out behind her. She closed her eyes shut at the sudden proximity as I open the door on her side.

 

"Get off. We don't want to be late for the ceremony, do we?"

 

I chuckled when she opened her eyes wide, as if she just saw a ghost. Giving a boyish grin while staying in that position unwaving, I continued teasing her.

 

"Chaemin-ssi, I know I'm your type but-"

 

I was cut off when she shoved me hard and marched right out of the car, of course, not before sending me her menacing glare ad slightly pinked cheeks.

 

I reached my classroom and did a quick scan, searching for at least a familiar face. Spotting someone at the back near the window, I made my way to the empty seat beside the person and flashed a smile.

 

"Hey."

 

Chaemin's POV

 

I was passing by the noisy classrooms when I heard a commotion at the end of the hallway. Having not much interest, I made my way to the second floor and opened the door to my assigned room.

 

"Room 203, huh?" I muttered to myself.

 

Sliding the door open, I found no one inside. Well, I won't be surprised since there's still some good minutes left before the class starts. Plopping myself near the window at the far end of the classroom, I put my headphones on and bring out my sketchpad. I love drawing things that catch my attention, and has been doing it since I was seven. My parents are excellent visual artists (and it would be weird if my art skills are nonexistent. That would be suspicious), although their current occupations don't let them showcase their inborn talents.

 

Placing some finishing touches on the piece that I did yesterday, I smiled in satisfaction at my work before placing the sketchpad back in my bag and looking out the window to watch some students play soccer (which is actually my favorite sport).

 

After some ten minutes or so, students piled inside the classroom (and I don't really care). I was going to drift off deeper into my own thoughts when someone took the seat beside me, causing me to look at the person.

 

At that moment, I really wish I didn't.

 

"Hey."