Forgotten love

Forgotten love

Forgotten love

Jenissi pov:

I softly walked down the street towards a town I was too familiar with.  Even though it had long been dark out the cobblestone streets were light with street lamps and a soft golden glow protruding through shop windows and various little cafes.  It was now late into December and with it came snow.  My sneakers sluggishly slushed through melted snow as new snow began to form in piles.  As I walked into the town I was meet with the sounds of music and joyful laughter all the sound of happiness I was no longer familiar with. For everyone else this town was life and new beginnings, but for me it was just memories and no longer true.  I looked through the window of Sally’s candle store and froze for a moment when I saw him.  It was Xero from the first time I had meet him.  His headphones were in and he danced around as he stacked candles.  I smiled as he busted into a freestyle getting lost in the moment.  Then my shoulder was hit by a passing by couple and I was brought to the present.  The present of him no longer with me.  My shoulders slumped as I realized it had all just been a flashback.  When I looked into the window all I saw was the store manager who I used to always get in trouble with for making Xero off task.  I began walking down the street again stuffing my hands deep in my jacket pockets.  I had only taken a couple of steps when I heard what sounded like Xero calling my name.  I looked across the street to where the voice was coming from.  There on the sidewalk Xero was waving as he said, Jenissi hyung wait for me.  For a moment I thought maybe this wasn’t a memory but he was actually there, but my hopes faded as a truck passed by brushing away the image of Xero.  Even though I knew it had been a memory I still waited a second for him to appear, but he didn’t so I continued walking yet again.  I felt helplessly alone as countless couples passed me.  I veered toward the farther edges of the sidewalk trying not to get in peoples way.  I tried to walk at a slow pace trying to avoid a certain area of the town, but it seemed I wasn’t slow enough because I was already upon the spot.  I looked up at a tree that was slightly chipped up on one side.  Then the flash back began, Xero driving his car a little too fast on the iced roads.  He was late that day for our date.  I wished I could call to him, tell him it’s ok if he’s late just as long as he shows up.  He didn’t show up.  I watched as the accident replayed, Xero’s car sliding on the ice and running into the tree.  He didn’t die the ambulance said it was a miracle, but he did slip into a coma.  I went every day for a month to visit him after his accident.  Just all the days before he still hadn’t woken up.  One day when I went to visit his parents were there.  When they found out my relations with him they weren’t happy at all and told me to never visit him again.  That when he wakes up its best he not remember about me.  They asked me to pretend like I didn’t know him if I saw him on the streets.  Even though I’m suffering I did as they asked and two months later when he finally woke with amnesia they replenished all his memories that is besides the ones he had made with me.  I sighed as I came back to my dull reality.  It was 7:30 so I decided to get food even though I didn’t have an appetite, but I knew if Xero was still with me he would kill me for missing a meal.  I went into a local noodle place and bought a cup of ramen to go.  I dug my chopsticks in the yellow noodles as I made my way back outside on the sidewalk.  As I walked someone ran out of a nearby café and bumped into me.  I looked up surprised as the guy yelled at a lady coming out of the café.  He said, mom leave me alone I don’t want to date that girl so stop trying to set me up.  I watched as the boy turned to me and said, sorry.  My eyes widened a little as I recognized the boy as Xero.  This time it was really him though not just a memory.  He looked at me a little confused as he said, do I know you?  I shook my head and lowered my face as I said, hhmm n-no.  with that I pushed past him and hurriedly began walking down the street.  I heard his mother begin arguing with him and there was footsteps.  I looked sideways surprised when Xero latched onto my arm his eyes blurry as he said, Jenissi?  It’s you right?  I remember you.  As much as it hurt me I shook my head, no no you don’t know me, now for your sake please leave now.  He frowned, Jenissi why are you like this?  I flung his arm off and began running towards the bridge at the end of town.  Xero ran close behind me but he had a slight limp from his leg that was still healing from the accident.  I made it to the peak of the bridge and lifted myself onto the railing.  Xero began screaming, No! Jenissi don’t jump!  I softly whispered, sorry.  Then I jumped and the wind hit me hard but not as hard as the water.  My breathe escaped me and I let myself sink for a moment before I watched something fall into the water beside me.  my eyes widened as I saw it was Xero.  He swam over to me grabbing my arm as he pulled me to shore.  I lightly hit his chest as I said, you idiot you could’ve died.  He smiled, I rather die than live without you.  I grabbed his soaked shirt and held him tight not ever wanting to let him go.  We sat there until we heard the sounds of sirens and an ambulance pulled up beside us.  Xero and me got up and moved to the side as some men jumped into the water where we had just come from.  I watched puzzled as they brought out two boys and laid them on the shore.  Xero looked at me confused because the boys on the shore where me and him.  At that moment Xero’s mom came down weeping as she said, my poor boy.  Xero walked forward and called to his mom but she didn’t seem to hear him.  He reached forward to touch her and my eyes widened as his hand passed through her.  He looked at me tears filling his eyes as he said, Jenissi?  I blinked momentarily, a-are we dead?  Xero got up and walked over to me as a firefighter began pumping Xero’s chest and another the same to my body.  I looked backwards as I heard a holler.  It was Xero’s dad coming down the bridge.  I turned to look back at Xero but he wasn’t there.  I looked down to where his body lay.  The firefighter lifted Xero up a little as he began spitting up water.  His mom immediately ran to him as she cried, I thought I had lost you.  The firefighter pushing on my chest stopped and shook his head solemnly, I’m sorry he’s gone.  Xero looked sadly back to where I stood but it seemed no one could see me but him.  His mom looked back and said, Xero what are you looking at?  Xero frowned, cant you see it’s the love of my life.