Chapter 3

Flames Of Phoenix. [Editing!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

He couldn’t figure out how to feel about the whole idea of what was happening to him. He knew the transition was bound to come, that it was a part of his life, but completing the transition only meant loneliness and misery for him. He’s read all the stories about his ancestors, ascendants that lived an immortal life of agony. His grandfather was one of them, living almost 70 years alone as a young man without finding someone to spend his life with.

It wasn’t until he met his grandmother that things seemed a bit bearable for the man, but the happiness of love was short lived once she abandoned him and his son. No one wanted to live with a freak- she’d said- and yes, that was what they were. Freaks. Freaks with powers and lack of emotions.

Chanyeol intended to avoid any meetings with new people. And so it stayed that way Chanyeol, Suho, the guys, and the new addition to the group in his free times, Jung Taekwon. Chanyeol learned that Taekwon wasn’t actually as bad as he seemed, he was just too quiet and secretive, which resulted in the existence of a cold and mysterious aura around him.

It sent chills down Chanyeol’s spine when Leo seemed to be distracted, his mind working on solving another mystery in life. He had that glint in his eyes, like he was looking beyond anything and everything people were looking at, and when he looked at you, it’s like he was looking deep into your head, into your sole.

 

 

 

 

A year passed, it passed with nothing exciting or anything new. It wasn’t until the fifth week of the new year, when Chanyeol was walking home with Suho after a night at the mall that things changed drastically for both of them.

“Get the chocolate one for me!” Chanyeol told Suho as the boy entered a small supermarket in a quiet neighbourhood near theirs. It was already eleven, and he was sure his father would beat the crap out of him for staying out this late, but he was already seventeen and he was entitled to do whatever he wanted as long as it involved nothing with or drugs.

He stared up at the dark, almost starless sky, few dots of intense light scattered far away from each other in a sea of Navy blue, and grey clouds. It was springtime, but the day was in some way cloudy and dull, Chanyeol felt the need to stay outside till its end for some reason.

Three boys caught his attention on the other side of the narrow street, one very tall and quiet good looking for his age, with an all-dark attire, dark hair, and even a dark complexion, he had that all grunge look and attitude all going on around him. The one in the middle, seemingly the youngest, had a fair, white complexion and a striking blond hair. The last one, the smallest, yet seemed older than both, had a lean, strong body, smooth brown hair that fell on his droopy looking eyes, and a slumped, unconfident looking walk.

Chanyeol’s eyes found followed them as they walked, especially the blond one who looked a bit like a girl under the yellow beam of the street lights, the one who turned to stare at him for a second as well. The other two were arguing about something intensely and Chanyeol found a small smile tug on his lips when the blond turned and smacked both boys on the back of their heads.

“Look what we have here boys…” A deep, dark voice sounded from behind him. A voice so familiar to Chanyeol’s ears. The tall latter closed his eyes and cursed under his breath as his hands fisted by his sides before turning to face another three boys with sinister expressions and evil smirks directed at him.

“Park Chanyeol!” Jungkook snickered and Nam Joon stepped forward, looking a bit up at the boy but seemingly not affected by Chanyeol’s height.

They were older now, even older than Chanyeol remembered. Even though they were all shorter than he was (especially Jungkook who had the widest smirk of the three), they still looked like fearless criminals ready to kill. It disgusted Chanyeol really, how they were supposedly older than him yet had minds of animalistic sadists.

“Look at you Park. Grew up to be a fine lady, your parents must be proud.” Nam Joon mocked and the two behind him laughed extra loud at his joke. Chanyeol just rolled his eyes and turned around to leave, but Nam Joon grabbed him by the arm harshly.

“I’m talking to you!” He pulled him and grabbed him by the collar.

“Yeah, I can see that.” Chanyeol answered stoically, looking down at his ex-bully (As Chanyeol liked to call him).

“Smart mouthing me now, Park?” Nam Joon growled and Chanyeol shoved him in the chest harshly, keeping his cold exterior which he managed to perfect thanks to spending some time around Leo.

“I don’t have time for this…” He exclaimed in a dominant tone that surprised and angered the three boys. He turned to walk away again, forgetting about Suho who was still struggling to pick a favourite ice-cream flavour. He felt himself being pulled backwards. Strong knuckles pressed on his jaw.

Chanyeol flew a few steps to the side. He lent on the nearest wall and composed himself from the impact. With a deep growl, his eyes turned to a raging red colour of burning flames. He pushed himself to stand up straight.

“ you!” He snarled and glared at them from under the shadows. They all laughed at that, oblivious of the drastic change that came upon the latter. Nam Joon wiped a fake tear from his eyes and snickered at Chanyeol, before moving forward. He pinned the boy to the wall, his left arm rested on Chanyeol’s neck in an attempt to choke him.

Chanyeol kept his eyes closed. The little bits of sanity left in his mind urged him to not lose control of his powers and expose himself, just he always did. He fought with his nature and went through the pain for the sake of protecting his identity.

“I dare you to say that one more time, .” Nam Joon warned in a snarky tone, his disgusting work widening as he felt Chanyeol’s body tremble between his body and the wall.

That little disgusting whisper broke something in the latter’s mind.

Chanyeol’s eyes shot open. Deep red, flame like orbs staring back at a now pale and frozen Nam Joon.

“. You.” He whispered darkly. A smirk played on his lips as well as his tongue tasted those words.

Nam Joon’s arms fell to his side, taking small, careful steps back. Chanyeol wasted no time and moved out of the dark and into the yellow circle of street light, his eyes now in clear view to his former bullies.

 “The ’s wrong with his eyes?!” Taehyung exclaimed in a shaky tone, eyes wide and face pale. Jungkook started stepping away, swallowing a lump that formed in his throat.

“Hyung…” He whispered and bit his lip to contain his whimpers.

Nam Joon looked straight into Chanyeol’s red orbs in horror. He seemed like he was about to fall to his knees, beg Chanyeol for mercy, but he kept a straight, hard face nevertheless.

“You’re cosplaying now?!” He shouted, his voice a bit shakier and weaker than he intended. It somehow brought a sadistic feeling of pleasure to Chanyeol’s senses. The fact that he was finally in a dominant position against them was blissful.

He moved another step forward, and they moved back. That was until Jungkook pushed his hyung forward, hissing a weak ‘Go get that er hyung’ to him.

Nam Joon’s lips formed a line before his fisted hand charged traight at Chanyeol’s jaw. The taller boy caught it effortlessly, moving Nam Joon’s hand away from his face. His hands tightened on the boy’s fist, the smell of burning flesh filled the air in a second. The sound of grinding bones echoed around, before a loud cry escaped Nam Joon’s mouth.

 “!”

The boys’ eyes almost fell out of their sockets, a state of horror fell upon them, and their feet nailed to the ground. The power to move has already left them the moment Chanyeol caught Nam Joon’s hand anyway.

“I told you once that you’ll regret what you’ve done to me, didn’t I?” He tightened his grip once more, the boy fell to his left knee in agony.

“S-stop! IT HURTS!” Nam Joon cried in pain, it sounded like music to Chanyeol ears.

Chanyeol’s fit raised. He was about to plant a firm punch to Nam Joon’s face. Nam Joon squeezed his eyes out of instinct, before the sound of a skull cracking under the impact of a hard surface filled the air.

Chanyeol fell lifelessly on the ground, a small pond of dark, red liquid forming under his head. Nam Joon fell to his other knee as well, holding his now burned and broken hand, his head hung low as he wept in pain.

“Did it work? Did I kill him?!” An excited tone followed out of nowhere, before a tall boy, with fierce eyes, tanned complexion, pouty lips, and black hair stepped out of the shadows with a wooden baseball bat in his hands. He starred down at Chanyeol with an enthusiastic smile before his eyes were raised to meet three confused pairs.

“Oh hi!” He smiled widely.

“Did it work? Did you kill him?!” A softer voice joined from behind and a smaller latter, with droopy, lazy-looking eyes walked to them as well.

“No, I think he’s breathing.” The taller exclaimed with a pout as he nudged Chanyeol’s body lightly with his foot, earning himself a smack on the head from a third latter who walked to stand between them.

“Stop ing around you two! It’s enough that you could’ve seriously hurt him, Kai!” The third one growled, his thick, strong voice not matching his baby face and messy blond hair.

“Sorry hyung…” The two spoke in unison and hung their heads low.

“Now…” The blond looked up at the two frozen statues and an injured boy.

“… You guys know that bullying’s bad, don’t you?” He raised his brow in question.

“Look, we appreciate you saving us from this freak Barbie, but we sh--” Taehyung started with a more confident voice, but the blond cut him off.

“What did you just call me?” He stepped nearer to them.

“He called you Barbie, Luhan hyung, you heard him!” The droopy-eyed one spoke in serious confusion. Luhan rolled his eyes at his friend’s stupidity.

“Yeah, I did. What will you do about that!?” Taehyung smirked, now forgetting all about the fear he felt. Luhan sneered at his ungrateful attitude and his eyes darkened at him.

“Call me Barbie one more time…” He spoke the words slowly and in a lower, deeper voice, looking Taehyung and down in disdain.

“Bar-bie!” Taehyung breathed out with a smirk.

The blond smirked and grabbed the baseball bat from the younger. The boy eyed the bat with careful eyes, taking a tiny step back.

“I’m going to count to three, and then I’ll swing this bat…” He exclaimed with a widened smirk, his eyes slowly turning to a shade of grey, making Taehyung’s eyes widen.

“One…”

“, you’re like him!”

“Two…”

“ hyung, run!”

And the two capable ones ran.

“Damn, I hate it when they run.” Kai groaned.

“No you don’t, you love it!” The shortest commented with a smile.

“Lay...” Luhan turned to the shortest with a demanding look. “… Help the poor guys over here” He said as he pointed at Chanyeol and Nam Joon who was still crying like a little girl on the ground.

“Kai!” He then turned to the tall latter at his side. “Get the shorter, leave dirty mouth to me.” He concentrated his eyes on Taehyung’s shrinking silhouette in the distance before his orbs turned completely to a dark-grey. The sound of air cracking was heard behind him, and Kai was gone.

He then watched the baseball bat fly in the air with massive speed, hitting Taehyung’s tiny form, before th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter