Dear Daehyun

You've Got Mail

Daehyun had been searching for Youngjae’s letter for barely three months now and he still saw no sign of it. The Busan native had searched high and low including all of the places the younger frequented but no trace of it could be found.

The Busan male walked past Youngjae’s work space in their apartment where he worked from home. The younger had went to the store ten minutes prior and left the door cracked.

Normally Daehyun would let Youngjae have his privacy but today he decided to see what the younger was constantly working on. The Busan native slowly pushed open the door and saw papers scattered all over the room with a study desk in the corner with a laptop resting on it with the top still propped up.

Daehyun stepped over to the desk and plopped down with a sigh, into the computer chair, as his eyes scanned over the contents of the screen in front of him. An icon titled “ToDae” was plastered on the desktop screen and Daehyun bit his lip as he let the mouse hover over the small icon.

The elder debated on whether he should open the file or not. He wanted to respect Youngjae’s privacy but the urge to open it was driving him insane. He let out a long breath before he double clicked the icon and scanned over its contents.

Surely just a quick glance couldn’t hurt anything.

 

 

 

Dear Daehyun,

If you are currently reading this letter then that means you either hacked into my laptop or you just waited until I left this room to read it. I’m leading towards the latter though because it’s nearly impossible for someone to hack into my laptop.

This letter is sort of a response to the letter you wrote me several years ago. I want to be honest with you so I’ll let you know now that I’ve read your letter each-time you aren’t around just so I can feel as if you’re with me right then.

Does that sound weird?

To answer the question in your letter I do believe it’s possible to fall in love with someone that you’ve never met before. Didn’t that happen to us in a sense?

Granted we saw each other, but we fell in love before we were technically introduced to each other. I don’t even regret meeting you.

I never got mad at you for all those things you did to me in high school because I was always taught to never get mad and just get even. Which is precisely what I did, and now I feel like I should apologize and confess to you.

When you spit gum in my hair freshman year I waited until you walked away from the lunch table and shook up your can of soda so it would explode all over you. The look on your face was absolutely priceless.

When you ruined my expensive looking suit (which wasn’t expensive at all) sophomore year I ruined your Limited Edition pair of Jordan’s and you had to walk home with dog poop stuck to the bottom of your shoes. I would say sorry about that one but it was way too funny.

When you locked me in the janitor’s closet overnight junior year I went to your house the next night and spray painted your bedroom window with foul graffiti. That one was a bit harsh and I am really sorry about that one.

When you told the entire school I was gay senior year I told all of them that we were lovers. Even if it wasn’t true at the time nobody dared to bully me and for that I want to say thank you.

I’ve been in love with you since the day we first laid eyes on each other and I can’t see myself being with anyone but you for the rest of my life.

We’ve been together for the past three years now and I feel like nobody knows me better than you do. You’ve been here for me when I was at my worst and when I was at my best.

You’ve been here for me when I was sick and took care of me when I couldn’t even get out of bed. Even though you’re not a writer you still help me on my projects so that I can make my deadlines on time.

Of all the years we’ve known each other, not once have you ever complained about me. Why is that?

Those days when I feel ugly and worthless you are constantly telling me how talented and beautiful I am. Even if we get all old and wrinkly I will still love you till the end of time.

Jung Daehyun, I will love you till the end of time.

I just have one more question to ask you before I end this letter.

Jung Daehyun, will you marry me?

 

 

 

Daehyun’s eyes widened as he kept reading the last sentence over and over again in his head. Did Youngjae write this question by mistake?

“I see you read my letter.” Youngjae said smugly as he leaned against the doorframe.

“D-did you mean what you wrote?” Daehyun asked nervously as his face turned bright red.

“Of course I did.” Youngjae nodded slowly.

“Even the very last sentence?” Daehyun whispered.

“Yes. There’s nobody I’d rather be with than you Dae. I want to marry you if you’ll let me.” Youngjae replied as he walked over and kneeled down in front of the elder.

A goofy grin rose on Daehyun’s face before he spoke, “of course I’ll marry you. It’s about time you asked me.”

“Don’t get cocky with me, Jung Daehyun.” Youngjae mumbled as he playfully smacked the elder’s leg.

“I wouldn’t dream of it, Jung Youngjae.” Daehyun smirked.

“Who said I’m taking your last name?”

“I did and there’s nothing you can do about it.” Daehyun chuckled.

Youngjae just rolled his eyes before he leaned in and gave his lover a tender kiss.

“I still can’t believe it was you who did all those things to me in high school. This just shows how perfect we really are together.” Daehyun smirked as he shook his head.

“Just another reason why you should never make me angry.” Youngjae playfully glared.

“Oh I would never get on your bad side. I’ll grovel if I have too since your form of getting even is quite scary.” Daehyun cringed.

“I have taught you well.” Youngjae laughed darkly to which Daehyun rolled his eyes at.

No more words were spoken as Daehyun lifted the younger up and into his lap and shared a slow yet passionate kiss.

“I’m still going to get even with you for reading my letter to you without my permission.”

Daehyun widened his eyes and stared helplessly at his lover who smirked creepily at him.

Someone is in trouble.


A/N: I quite enjoyed writing this quick little DaeJae story for you all. I've also decided to start something new and that is writing DaeJae drabbles, one-shots, short stories, etc.all in one place and by your requests. The link for the page is here and you can send me prompts or requests through my DM's (Friend access only) or my tumblr account. Either one is fine, and I'll write them as soon as I possibly can. Thank you all for the love and support that you all continue to give me. It certainly doesn't go unnoticed. Also Happy Birthday to our dearest Youngjae. ^_^