You, Me, and The Rain

You, Me, and The Rain

First, I was really love the rain ..

it was great to be able to play between the thousands drops of water that fell soaked the earth.

But now, I'm starting to hate the rain ..

probably because the rain kept me from seeing you ,

or maybe the rain make you don’t want to see me?’

 

Baekhyun sighs. He puts back his cell phone on the table while directing his gaze out of the window. His eyes is staring at the drops of water that falling from the sky, soaking his window, soaking the plants in his yard, soaking the roads along the place where he lived, and soaking the other places that actually he doesn’t seem to mind. Yes, for now there is nothing more he care about than the fact that the rain makes him trapped at home, alone, and catching a cold.

 

Beep .. beep ..

 

Baekhyun redirects his gaze to his cell phone that lying on the table. There is an incoming message for him. He freezes for a moment, staring at his cell phone screen before touching it with his right index finger. He opens the message and reads it reluctantly.

 

'Baek, are you okay?'

 

Baekhyun sighs again as he reaches for his cell phone, holding it with both hands while his thumb begin to move swiftly to type a reply.

 

'Yes, I just catching a cold..  I'm fine ..'

 

Baekhyun freezes again for a moment, waiting for his phone to rang again indicating an incoming  reply message for him. And without having to wait too long, the message appears on the screen.

 

'Are you sure?'

 

Sure? Baekhyun thinks for a moment, and it seems he is actually unsure.

 

'Yes .. I guess so ..'

 

'Baek ..'

 

This time, the reply looks come very quickly, just a few seconds after Baekhyun sends the message. He went back to typing a reply message with both of his thumbs.

 

'Yes?'

 

'You have to rest .. you know you need it.'

 

'All right, I'll try ..'

 

You have to do it, Baek .. YOU MUST !!'

 

Baekhyun heaves his breath. Indeed, he felt that resting is not something that he really needs right now. He knows that he wants something else but he also knows that his wish is can’t be fulfilled. So, he reluctantly sends a short reply, a very short one.

 

'Ok'

 

Baekhyun puts again his phone on the table, be sure that there will be no reply message for him because he knows that his message is the end of their conversation. He moves from his seat and throw himself on his bed. There's nothing he can do now other than resting.

 

>>><<< 

 

Five minutes.

Ten minutes.

Fifteen minutes.

Almost twenty minutes Baekhyun tries to fall asleep, but in fact he is still awake. Baekhyun give up and reopening his eyes that had been closed. His hand is reaching for the phone that he put beside the pillow. His fingers are moving on the top of the screen, reopen the messages he received today.

 

'Let’s meet at the usual place, ok?'

 

Baekhyun smiles bitterly while reading the message again. His eyes then focus on the message that is just below the message he had just read. His lips purse immediately after reading the note.

 

'Baek, it begin to rain .. you'd better go home know ..'

 

Baekhyun sighs. He feels tired, very tired. Baekhyun tired of having to go back to facing situations like this, which continues to be repeated for the umpteenth time. But what else could he do but to follow the contents of the message? Ok, maybe Baekhyun can do other things. He could have said no and do the opposite thing, but Baekhyun just doesn’t want to argue. Then finally - though in fact he doesn’t want to - he was just replying the message with a short, a very short reply.

 

'Ok'

 

And a tear falls past his cheeks, wetting the blue pillowcase that lining his pillow.

"I really want to see you .." Said Baekhyun softly with his hoarse voice.

 

>>> <<<

 

Baekhyun blinked slowly before he really opes his eyes. It looks like he finally fell asleep. Maybe he was too tired from over thinking and eventually fell asleep. Baekhyun directs his gaze to the ceiling. His room is dark, but he remember that his room was still bright until he fell asleep. Then who was it turning out the lights? Doesn’t he live alone in his house?

Suddenly Baekhyun feels different. It feels like he is not alone there. Slowly, he turn his head to the left, and there Baekhyun can see someone, sitting on the floor of his room, head resting on his bed.

“Yeol..”

Baekhyun whispers hoarsely. He can see that the person he called is staring at him. Although the room lights off, Baekhyun still can see the face of the person from the reflection of the light that comes from the window of his room. And although the room is dark, Baekhyun still can assure that person is staring at him. But, is it just a dream?

"Yes, Baek .. are you awake? Did I wake you up? "

The voice is real. That deep voice sounds so real in his ears. Maybe it is not a dream.

"Chanyeol .."

Still not sure, Baekhyun calls back that person. His eyes is staring straight at the eyes of that person who is also staring at him, probably since he was still asleep.

"Yes, Baekhyun .. It’s me, Chanyeol .."

Ok, maybe it is not a dream. That deep voice sounds so real, as real as that touch of the hand in Baekhyun face.

"Park Chanyeol .."

"Yes, Byun Baekhyun .. Park Chanyeol is here .."

"Are you here?"

"Yes, I'm here .."

Baekhyun stunned for a moment. All of this is real. The figure in front of him is real. He is not dreaming. Park Chanyeol is here, in his home, in his room, in front of him.

"What are you doing here?"

"Seeing you .."

"When did you get here?"

"One hour ago .."

"It means .."

"It means one and a half hours since you sent a short, a really short message saying 'ok' to me.. and it also means that I went straight to your house right after I read the message .."

Baekhyun stunned again, trying to absorb every word in his head that feels a little dizzy due to the effects from his sick. Then Baekhyun’s eyes went out the window. He immediately aware of something when he sees the rain is still falling.

"Isn’t it still raining outside?"

"Yes, Baek .."

"Then why are you here?"

"Because I'm not sure you're really going to follow my request to rest .."

"I do .."

"Yes, I know .. because when I arrived here you were asleep. But .. "

"But?"

"I have another reason .."

"What is that?"

"Because of you."

"Me?"

"Yes, Baek .. because you're so anxious to see me."

This time Baekhyun absolutely stunned. How can Chanyeol know? As he remember, he never said it, at least to Chanyeol. Baekhyun is very sure that he only said it to himself, as he did earlier with tears falling from his eyes before he fell asleep.

"I never said that." Said Baekhyun in the end, tries to dodge.

"Come on, Baek .. maybe you never said it directly to me, but I have two eyes and I can use them to read your post in your account."

Baekhyun sighs. It’s from there, apparently. It turns out that Chanyeol realizing that post was addressed to him.

"Baek .."

Baekhyun immediately turns around to the opposite direction, his back is facing Chanyeol who begin to move from his seat and positioning himself on Baekhyun’s bed, lying right next to Baekhyun’s tiny body. Baekhyun can feels Chanyeol arms around his body but he just let it go.

"I am so sorry because I always takes decisions unilaterally. I should have listened to your opinion. I should have asked what you want, what you wish. I'm sorry, Baek .. "

"Never mind, Yeol. I guess I'm used to that .. "

Baekhyun tries to hold back his emotions. He could have said the opposite thing, but he really don’t want to argue with Chanyeol. So, it's better for him to budge as usual. Actually, Chanyeol is not the person who likes to force his will. He just less sensitive to Baekhyun. While on the other hand, Baekhyun is not the type who can easily express his heart and prefer to keep it for himself. That is why he is more often following Chanyeol’s will although sometimes it’s not in accordance with his wishes and expectations.

"Look at me, Baek .. please don’t avoid me .."

Baekhyun sighs again. He returns his body to face Chanyeol, yet he is still avoiding Chanyeol’s gaze and chose to directs his gaze to Chanyeol’s chest.

"Baek .."

Baekhyun feels Chanyeol’s hand touching his chin and the next second his eyes had been equal with Chanyeol’s, unavoidably making his eyes staring straight at Chanyeol’s.

"You also have the right to make decisions as you wish, Baek. If you want me to see you, then I'll go to see you. No matter how heavy the rain in outside, I'll meet you if you want it. You just need to say it, Baek .. "

"Yeol .."

"I always cancel our meeting when it rains because I'm worrying your condition, Baek."

"I’m sorry .."

"You don’t need to apologize,"

"But .."

"I should have done this from the beginning."

"What?"

"To see you. Do you know, Baek? Actually, I also really want to see you, but because of the rain I always cancel it. I don’t want you to caught in the rain, Baek.. I just don’t want you to be sick like this. I should have meet you at your house, like now. So, you don’t need to caught in the rain and we still can meet. How stupid I am .. "

Baekhyun’s smile etched when Chanyeol scoffs himself. Finally, that boy realizes his stupidity.

"But then you are going to caught in the rain, Yeol .."

"I don’t care even I have to caught in the rain."

"So do I. I don’t care if I have to caught in the rain .."

"But I care, Baek .. I care about you."

"Up to you."

Baekhyun who doesn’t want to argue with Chanyeol end their talks with pursed lips. Chanyeol feels exasperate because of the facial expression that Baekhyun shows to him . As a result, Baekhyun’s cheeks become a victim of Chanyeol’s exasperation.

"Park Chanyeol!"

"Ok, sorry .. it’s because you're so adorable .."

Baekhyun still pursing his lips as Chanyeol gently Baekhyun’s cheek that he pinch previously.

"Smile, Baek .. I'm with you now,right?"

Baekhyun give up. He then shows his trademark smile to Chanyeol. Chanyeol true, they're together now. So, shouldn’t it feel good?

"Don’t hate the rain, okay .. and don’t hate me .."

Baekhyun softly patted Chanyeol arm and leaning his head in the crook of  Chanyeol’s neck as he said, "Stupid .. how can I hate you, Park Chanyeol?"

"I know you can’t do it .."

Baekhyun let his body to be pulled closer by Chanyeol. Chanyeol warm body makes him feel comfortable. Maybe tomorrow his illness will be cured or maybe tomorrow Chanyeol will be infected with his illness. Who knows? But it’s okay. Everything is gonna be allright as long as they are together.

 

>>><<<