Xiumin - The Blood Brother Code

Exo Recommendations

Title: The Blood Brother Code

Author: Korekrypta

Pairing: Xiumin + OC

Genre: Romance, Angst, Arranged Marriage, Gangs, Psychological

Number of Chapters: 55

Status: Ongoing

Description:

"No, seriously, though, what high school student who's just about to graduate films some blatantly dangerous guys beating somebody to death in a dark alleyway?"

"Oh Semi, apparently."

 

Semi's graduation present was a death threat from the country's biggest mafia boss and a hasty eviction to the United States. Nine months later, she's in hospital making a near miraculous recovery from an assassination attempt from said boss, known merely as Luhan, who has been persistent enough to track her all the way across the world -- to prevent her from using the evidence she has on her phone, from when she filmed a murder he personally carried out, to get him locked away for good.

Moving cities hasn't worked. Moving countries hasn't worked. Nor has changing identities, undergoing plastic surgery, or getting a small cohort of FBI bodyguards. There's only one possibility left, and even then, Yixing had suggested it as a joke.

"So, Chen, you know that Blood Brother Code thing these mafia people have going?"

"Yes, they do genuinely drink a cup of each other's blood. I know, it's gross."

"I was thinking, what if we marry Oh Semi off to Luhan's blood brother, Xiumin or Minseok or whatever?"

"What, the gangster we locked up two years ago? Are you joking?"

"Of course."

Pause.

"But you know, Jongdae--"

"It's Chen in the workplace!"

"Apparently family are off-limits in the Blood Brother Code. It would mean Luhan can't kill her."

 

Why I like it:

The first reason why I like this story is because the main character is Xiumim, there are no many Xiumin fanfictions out there and most of them picture him as the nicest boy on earth, so this story is a breath of fresh air. I like the psychological part of it; sometimes it feels like you are just as confused as the main character, sometimes it feels like you know everything that's going on... It's really well written, the author updates very frequently, the plot is very original, and all of the characters are very well developed. 

Warnings:

Violence

Read here