Chapter 2

Torn (UNFINISHED - No more updates)

  It turns out Eli wasn't that bad of person. He had that cheeky grin and kept their conversation going without it ever getting awkward. Su Jung was thankful because she wasn't good in talking. They talked about Eli's family, how he could speak in Chinese, Korean, a little Thai and English. Then about his childhood story about how he lived in California a few years before moving here and there. He enjoys cooking like his father who owns a small restaurant. His stories kept going. Always making Su Jung laugh. It was getting really comfortable around him. He was a really easy-going person. Eli emptied his cup and set it on the table.

  "So enough of me. What about your story?" Eli asked still grinning. Su Jung looked away as her painful memories with Kevin flash through her mind. It was hurtful and she never want to bring it up. The storm kept blowing. And Su Jung wished it would stop so Eli could leave and they could stop this hurtful subject. Her face must have turned sad because Eli looked worried. His brown eyes shone from the light. He has beautiful eyes, but not like Kevin's, who always shone with love for her. He isn't Kevin. He isn't him. Su Jung reminded herself again. 

  "I...I don't want to talk about it." Su Jung said as she met his eyes. She didn't want to share her stories with some stranger she met for only like 1 hour.When she saw Eli's sad expression she added. "I'm sorry. It's just...not appropriate." She tried for a small smile. A genuine one but it faded just as fast it appeared. It's been a long time since she really smiled like that. It felt kind of good. But it was for Kevin. Not for some stranger. Kevin...Su Jung always thought about him. He never escapes her. She has to stop, Kevin is gone. Left her without explaining and gone for good. Probably dating another girl now, smiling like he used to do it for her. Yoo Mi was correct. She had waited enough. It was her time to be happy. She deserved it. 

  "Okay! I don't want to make you sad." Eli said and snapped Su Jung back to reality. Standing up, Eli walked around the small bookstore and examined the books. He took a few out of the shelves and flip through them for some time when he finally squeal in delight. He held out a book for Su Jung to see. "I can't believe you have this book! It's my favourite book." He said with excitement. Su Jung stare at the book. She hadn't read this. It must have been quite an old book. 

  Eli sat back down with the book in his hand and started reading it quietly. "Is it that good?" Su Jung asked as she inched closer to take a look at the book. 

  "It's fantastic! Karen Miller writes the best book. The innocent mage series is the best! I read it once and loved it but then i returned the book and has been searching for it a really long time." Eli said, his eyes shining with happiness. Su Jung took the book and read the cover. It was about magic and adventure. Not really her kind of book. She likes sweet soft romance. Less adventure and more feels. 

  That's when the storm die down. The leaves weren't flying through the street anymore and its started drizzling. Eli smiled as he stood up. "Thank you for having me. I would love to purchase this book." He placed the book on the counter as Su Jung took his money and return the change. Eli was about to leave when he turned around and look at Su Jung. "Are you free tomorrow?" He asked with that playful grin again. 

  "Tomorrow? I-I'm not sure. Why?" Su Jung asked, surprised at his sudden approach. 

  "I wanted to ask you out for coffee. To thank you for tonight. If you're okay with that of course." Eli said. 

  "Of course she's free!" Yoo Mi said as she desended from the stairs with a sly smile. Su Jung frowned, momentarily confused until she noticed Yoo Mi was setting her up with Mr.Perfect for a date. Yoo Mi is so full of schemes! "I'll make sure to give her the whole afternoon off. What time are you picking her up?" She continued. 

  "How about at 1pm? Sounds fabulous. I'll see you tomorrow Su Jung~" Eli cooed as he wink before closing the door and leaving Su Jung hanging without an answer. Annoyed, Su Jung turned and glared at Yoo Mi who simply just shrugged. 

  "I am not letting you turn down that fantastic date offer from your new 'friend' over there. Come up with me let's choose something to wear for your date tomorrow." Yoo Mi laughed as she walked back to her room. 

  "It's not a date!" Su Jung shouted as she ran to follow her.

xxx

  Eli arrived sharp at 1. He was dressed in a simple V-neck shirt and long jeans. And he looked fantastic. Su Jung wore a blue dress and a necklace given to her by Yoo Mi. She looked just as stunning which made Eli stared a little. They went to a small cafe by the end of the street and chatted. Their topic was never-ending. Always going on forever and ever. That was just how good Eli made her feel. They made jokes and talked about almost everything. Sometimes laughing quietly at other passer-by who tripped or fall. It wasn't nice but it made her feel a little better. Laughing did. And Su Jung had already forgotten how it felt to laugh for real.

  Only Kevin could made her do that. And now Eli was bringing laughter to her. It felt magnificent to laugh again. Su Jung felt...happy. After 2 long years...Su Jung finally felt free. Su Jung laughed as she saw Eli doing foolish things as he paid for their drinks. He was clumsy, but it was cute. After coffee, they walked by the river and enjoyed the scenery. The wind was cold and Eli inched closer to Su Jung until their hands were touching. Su Jung didn't notice. 

  They stopped at the most beautiful spot and stare at the calm waves that seem to smile at them. She had forgotten how beautiful the world had been. The cold wind blew again and Su Jung hugged her sweater closer. Eli noticed her shivering slightly and came closer. Then, trying for a bold move, Eli put his arms around her. He wanted to make her feel warm. To feel more comfortable. But he made the wrong move. Su Jung winched as the painful memories with Kevin flooded back into her mind. He isn't Kevin! Su Jung's mind screamed at her and she pushed Eli back away from herself. 

  Su Jung stepped away from Eli, the fear burning in her eyes. The pain and sorrow she felt had resurface. Eli had a shocked look on his face as he tried to hold Su Jung's hand. To apologize. But Su Jung pushed away his hands and he saw tears in her eyes. She was crying...because of him, because of what he did. Before Eli could open his mouth, Su Jung ran. She ran as far away as possible from Eli. The painful memories where Kevin held her and hugged her kept repeating in her mind. How Kevin held her tightly and promised to never let her go. The promise she foolishly believed. The promise Kevin never kept. 

  Su Jung never looked back at Eli. She just simply ran from all the pain, the way she always do when she's afraid. Su Jung never wanted to face the horrible truth. The horrible truth where Kevin had truly left her and would never come back for her again. 


[A/N] And that concludes the 2nd chapter =) 3rd chapter is on the way. I haven't written a fan fic so full of feels in a while! It's exciting~

P.s. Karen Miller was actually one of my favourite author. She writes the best book, if you guys are interested feel free to read it.  ^.^