...

Since Your Gone

"You’re not my mother!” ZiFan yelled at the top of his lungs to YiXing, who does nothing but tried his hardest to get closer to the boy but ZiFan would never let him get close. ZiFan would always shut YiXing out if he tried to talk to him or help him out with something.

 

“ZiFan I’m trying and you know I am.” ZiFan shook his head and rolled his eyes and YiXing.

 

“I will never see you as my mom.” ZiFan said with venom inns voice, making YiXing flinch a little but not noticeable to where the boy could see him. “I don’t care if my dad loves you, I will never love you.” YiXing let out a silent sigh.

 

“I’m not trying to replace your mom,”

 

“Yes you are!” The teen stormed upstairs and slammed the door to his room shut.

 

He fell to the floor and a sea of tears started to fall from his eyes. He hates YiXing with a passion but he hates his dad even more for even marrying someone else. He thought that his dad only loved his mom and would never think of replacing his mother.

 

He was five when the accident happened and he could remember every night his father would cry himself to sleep or have ZiFan sleep with him because he didn’t want to feel alone. ZiFan knew how hard it was for his dad to lose someone that you love but it was worse for ZiFan because he lost his mom at a young age.

 

It was another five years until his dad brings in someone else. ZiFan knew that his dad was seeing someone else for the past two years but he didn’t want to believe it. He had to face reality when his dad told him that he was marrying YiXing.

 

YiXing had a son that was a year younger than ZiFan. YiXing had lost his husband from the long battle with cancer. His son was only four when he died.

 

Yinho was his name and this kid loved everyone before himself, well everyone besides ZiFan. Yinho has never hated someone but when he met ZiFan, he just wanted that little boy to have a taste of his own medicine.

 

ZiFan got on his bad side when he saw him yell at his mom for the first time when ZiFan was twelve so Yinho was eleven. Now ZiFan is sixteen and Yinho is fifteen and he still hates ZiFan with passion.

 

“ZiFan open this damn door!” He heard his dad yelling from the other side of the door while pounding on it. ZiFan cleaned his face with the sleeve of his shirt and opened the door. His father stormed into the room and forced ZiFan to sit on the bed. YiXing stood underneath the door frame while Yinho was behind him. “Why are you acting like this?!”

 

“Why did you marry him when you told me you could never love anyone else besides mom?!” ZiFan yelled at his dad with fresh new tears falling from his eyes. YiFan opened his mouth but nothing came out. “Leave me alone.” He whimpered before he laid down on his bed and buried his face in his pillows.

 

YiFan walked out of the room and brought Yinho in a hug when he saw the younger’s eyes welling up with tears.

 

“Why does he always do this?” Yinho asked quietly while a few tears left his eyes. YiFan rubbed the boys back and kissed the top of his head.

 

“He’ll get better, I promise.” Yinho nodded and broke the hug.

 

A knock from the front door disturbed the little peace that they had. Yinho groaned when he heard it because he knew the only person that would come here at this time was Chanhyun, ZiFan’s boyfriend. YiFan shook his head as well as YiXing. They did not need that teen to come into their house at this time.

 

YiFan didn’t hate Chanhyun, it was YiXing and Yinho that hated him. Chanhyun was Yinho’s bully in middle school, high school as well. Yinho didn’t know what his step brother saw in his bully but it did annoy him when Chanhyun would come over because he would make little threats.

 

ZiFan knew that Yinho and Chanhyun hated each other but yet that boy would always have his boyfriend come over and ruin Yinho’s evening because Chanhyun would say something or do something to hurt Yinho.

 

Yinho opened the door and lo and behold, it was Chanhyun. The older teen smirked when he saw his little prey and stuffed his hands in his pocket.

 

“How are you doing today little Yinho?”  He said in a taunting voice that sent chills down the younger’s spine.

 

“Just leave me alone and go see ZiFan,” Yinho brushed off Chanhyun and left the front door, hurriedly, to save himself.

 

Chanhyun let out a light chuckle, walked inside, closed the door, and went to his boyfriend’s room. He got a text from ZiFan saying that he was in a bad mood and he was also upset. So Chanhyun, being the good boyfriend that he is, rushed to his boyfriend’s house to comfort him.

 

Chanhyun opened the door quietly and saw that ZiFan was sleeping. A smile grew on his face when he saw his precious angel sleeping. He closed the door quietly, got on the bed, put his arms on both sides of ZiFan’s body, and started to pepper the younger’s face with kisses.

 

ZiFan stirred in his sleep and was about to curse whoever woke him up from a sweet dream. He opened his eyes and smiled when he saw Chanhyun. The older laid down next to ZiFan and brought him into his embrace. ZiFan buried his face in Chanhyun’s chest and let a few tears leave his eyes.

 

“What happened this time?” Chanhyun was aware that ZiFan had a problem with YiXing and Yinho. He knew that ZiFan would have an outburst with them either once a week or every other day.

 

“YiXing was trying to pull the same he always does about our relationship. He’s saying that you’re not good for me and that you will ruin my life.” ZiFan explained briefly, not wanting to tell his boyfriend the actual reason the fight started.

 

“Are you sure that’s it?” ZiFan nodded his head and buried it deeper in Chanhyun’s chest. The older tightened his arms around the younger and kissed the top of his head. “Do you want to stay with me for a while, just to get out of here?” ZiFan shook his head and mumbled against Chanhyun’s chest. “Why don’t you want to stay with me for a while?”

 

“Because,”

 

“Because….” ZiFan just stayed silent. Chanhyun sighed heavily. “You can’t keep on fighting him forever. You have to give him a chance.” Chanhyun didn’t hear a response. He looked down and saw ZiFan already, fast asleep in his arms. A smile formed on face when he saw the younger sleeping the night away.

 

 

 

 

“Yinho can you help me with dinner?” His mother asked and the boy nodded his head, got up from the kitchen table from his homework, and started to help his mom. “How are you and Kang?” The younger blushed at his boyfriend’s name and nodded his head.

 

“We’re fine. He’s probably going to be coming over tomorrow and staying the night because his parents are out of town.” Yinho mentioned as he put the meat in the stove.

 

“When are his parents leaving?” Yinho shrugged his shoulders, hoped on the counter, and started to swing his legs. “He can stay while his parents are gone, but he will have to sleep on the couch. I will not allow him to be in the same room as you, yet.”

 

Yinho smiled and shook his head. “Yet. There’s still a possibility that you will let him stay in my room.” YiXing turned around and playfully hit his child. “I’m kidding mom. I’m not going to have with him until we get married, or until we are both old enough. We already talked about it.” Yinho looked at the floor, legs still swinging. “We’re not going to be like ZiFan and Chanhyun.”

 

YiXing stopped what he was doing and looked at Yinho with a shocked expression plastered on his face. “ZiFan and Chanhyun have ?” Mouth, partly opened, but whispered that part so YiFan didn’t hear him.

 

Yinho nodded his head and stopped swinging his legs, but started to fiddle with his fingers. “They have whenever you guys aren’t home or when they go to parties.”

 

“How do you know?” YiXing crossed his arms over his chest and trying to figure out how his son knows this stuff.

 

Yinho sighed and wrapped his arms around his waist. “I came home one day and I heard coming from ZiFan’s bedroom. I walked to the door and saw them having . I confronted him about it and he threatened me.” He stopped for a few seconds before speaking. “How I know about the parties is that Jongmin goes to the parties and he saw them having too.”

 

YiXing rubbed his forehead and started fearing the worst for the young teen. He was internally debating whether to tell his husband about what his son was doing with the older teen, or keep it a secret until something happens to both then ZiFan would have to come clean.

 

He didn’t want to keep a secret like this from his husband. YiXing knows how much ZiFan means to YiFan. Hell, the older man told him that he didn’t want to lose ZiFan like he did with his late husband. YiXing wanted to tell him but that little voice in his head was telling him not to.

 

“Mama, I think you should tell YiFan. If he finds out from ZiFan then he would be furious.” Yinho saw his mother struggling, so he decided to put his voice in it.

 

“Yinho, YiFan will be furious either way.”

 

“It’s better for him to find out know then later.” YiXing, unfortunately, nodded and he helped his son down from the counter and they both started to walk to YiFan’s office.

 

YiXing knocked on the office door, heard a response from his husband, and walked in there. YiFan gave a small smile when he saw his husband and step son walking in the room. YiXing walked to YiFan gave him a kiss on the lips while Yinho sat on the chair that was besides YiFan’s desk. YiXing stayed by his husband’s side, putting his hand on the elder’s shoulder just in case YiFan will make a huge scene.

 

“What’s up with you two?” Yinho sighed in deeply and started to tap his fingers on his knee. “Yinho,” the said boy looked at his step father and a few tears left his eyes. “What’s wrong?’

 

“Promise him you won’t get mad?” YiXing asked his husband, trying to make the situation easier for Yinho. YiFan got a little nervous over that request, but reluctantly nodded his head.

 

“What’s wrong baby?”

 

Yinho looked at his lap, where his fingers were located, and started to fiddle with them. He felt YiFan put his hand on his knee and he felt him his knee. He felt relieved and looked at YiFan.

 

“It’s about ZiFan,” YiFan stopped Yinho’s knee, leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms over his chest. He ushered the boy to go on. “ZiFan is ually active.” YiFan ran his fingers through his hair, starting to pull his hair to keep himself from exploding. “I wanted to tell you, I-I really did, b-but he threatened me not tell you.” Tears started to fall from his eyes.

 

YiFan looked at him, with dark eyes. “What do you mean threaten?” YiXing squeezed his spouse’s shoulder, trying to relieve some sort of stress. Yinho wiped his eyes and tried to form a sentence, but was failing. “God ing damn it!” YiFan slammed his hand on the desk, making the boy jump in his place and more tears fall from his eyes.

 

“YiFan, calm down.” YiXing tried to keep the older from exploding, but failed when YiFan bolted up from his seat and stormed out of his room.

 

 

 

ZiFan loved everything about Chanhyun. He loved how the older was gentle with him and made sure that he was comfortable anytime.

 

He felt Chanhyun’s fingers going underneath his shirt and he quickly hit the taller man’s arm. Chanhyun chuckled and kissed ZiFan’s head, making the younger blush and hiding his head in Chanhyun’s chest.

 

“I love you.” Chanhyun murmured.

 

ZiFan smiled and looked at Chanhyun. “I love you too.”

 

There was silence for a good five minutes until they heard footsteps storming down the hall. ZiFan got out of Chanhyun’s grip, getting out of his bed, but was soon stopped when his door was slammed open by his father, who looked like he was about to kill somebody.

 

“Daddy,” this was one of the few times ZiFan would be this vulnerable in front of his father now a days.

 

YiFan pointed at Chanhyun, fury was noticeable in his eyes. “You,” Chanhyun got out of the bed and walked closer to ZiFan, the younger grabbing Chanhyun’s hand. “I want you out of this ing room and out of my son’s life.” ZiFan tightened his grip on Chanhyun’s hand when he heard his dad say that. “Now.” Chanhyun gave ZiFan’s hand one last squeeze before he left the room.

 

Tears started to accumulate in ZiFan’s eyes from what his dad just displayed. He looked at his father and saw that the older man looked like he cooled down. He slumped on his bed and started to wipe away the tears that had fallen from his eyes.

 

“How could you have with him?” ZiFan tensed at his father’s voice, but gave no response. He heard his door close, the lock clicked, and footsteps coming to his bed, then a heavy weight on the other side of him. “I’m sorry about how I reacted ZiFan,” the teen looked at his dad, more tears falling from his eyes. “You have to understand that when I let you date him, you had rules. I expected you to follow those rules.”

 

ZiFan wiped away the tears while YiFan ran his fingers through his son’s hair. “You remind me so much of your mother.” More tears started to fall from ZiFan’s eyes at the mention of his mom. YiFan rubbed his son’s back. “You’re stubborn like him and you stand your ground like him.”

 

“I’m sorry,” ZiFan hoped that his dad while give him some kind of grace, but his father didn’t give him no grace when he heard his dad sigh.

 

“You’re grounded for a while and you’re not allowed out of this house during weekends unless YiXing or I go with you. YiXing will also pick you up and drop you off from school until we can trust you again.” ZiFan gave a little sigh and looked at his dad. “You really look like him.” ZiFan had a little smile.

 

“I miss him.” ZiFan rubbed his arm and YiFan brought him into a hug. “I still think about him.” YiFan kissed ZiFan’s head as he felt tears forming in his eyes. ZiFan broke the hug and wiped away his father’s tears. “I remember him telling the story about you proposing to him. He told me that you almost fainted and that he had to take you outside.” YiFan chuckled at that story and shook his head.

 

“What he didn’t tell you is that he cried like a baby,” ZiFan chuckled at that. “He also didn’t tell you that he was the one that fainted.” ZiFan laughed a little and looked at his dad, tears threating to fall from both of their eyes. “He really loved you.”

 

“After the accident, I thought that he would come back. I would always whisper to my bear and ask him to bring mom home.”  Tears fell from his eyes, but he didn’t wipe them away. “I just miss him so much. No one can replace mom.”

 

YiFan nodded and rubbed ZiFan’s back. “I miss him too.”

 

“Then why did you marry YiXing? You never gave me a reason.” YiFan sighed and leaned forward.

 

“I married YiXing because Iove him. We both lost people that we love and we had kids who were similar ages.” He looked at ZiFan and saw that his son didn’t look convinced. “You know he still talks about his husband and I still talk about your mom. Just because I’m married to YiXing doesn’t mean that I decided to replace your mother. I love YiXing, but your mother will always be my first love.”

 

“I don’t believe that,” YiFan sighed and groaned, knowing that his son was so stubborn.

 

“Sometimes you just have to.” YiFan said before he got up and walked to the door, but turned around when his sons asked him a question.

 

“Who told you about Chanhyun and I having ?” YiFan ran his fingers through his hair and let out a silent sigh.

 

“Yinho,” he looked at his son and saw that the teen eyes were full of anger. “He felt that he needed to tell us to protect you. Don’t be mad at him.” ZiFan scoffed and YiFan just sighed.

 

After his father left the room, he laid down on his bed and started to think about his step brother. He hated Yinho with a passion and this just proved that he can’t trust Yinho with anything. He will make Yinho pay and he will make the younger suffer.

 

He took out his phone, scrolled through his contacts, and saw his best friend’s name.  He debated whether to text him or call him, but in the end he thought that it would be better to text him.

 

*I have a question

 

He waited for a reply and got it about a minute later.

 

*Sure, but make it quick. Jongsoo is here.

 

*Can you make Yinho suffer?

 

*Call me.

 

ZiFan inwardly sighed, but called his friend.

 

“Please explain.” He heard the older boy’s deep voice and sighed.

 

“Just do something that will break him. He’s a ing and he deserves to be broken.” He heard the other chuckle and a sigh was heard.

 

“I’ll see if one of my friends would be up for the challenge. It’s probably going to be hard with Kang there.”

 

ZiFan groaned and silently cursed at his step brother’s annoying boyfriend. “Jongsoo and I will take care of him. Just do what you can.”

 

“Fine. I’ll see you in school tomorrow.”

 

After they hung up, ZiFan laid down in bed and started to think about ways to break Yinho tomorrow.