Final

Puppy Luv

Adapted from Wikipedia; Page - Puppy Love.

Puppy love is an informal term for feelings of love, romance, or infatuation, often felt by young people during their childhood and adolescence. It is named for its resemblance to the adoring, worshipful affection that may be felt by a puppy. 

 

It started on White Day.

 

As a female idol, receiving gifts are as common as eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Nearly everyday she would get presents and small tokens from fans, and on White Day especially, the male fans of APink showed their admiration and love by showering them with all kinds of gifts, that can range from flowers and chocolates, to the strangest things like tableware, a hand knitted pillow case, and once, even a poster of herself.

 

And ever since the members had been mentioning how often Eunji sleeps in lately, she had also been receving a variety of alarm clocks; most of them were pink, cute, and plays APink's songs as the wake up call.

 

She had been highly entertained and appreciative at first, but like the mobile phone chargers, it had gotten really old, really fast.

 

On this particular White Day, Eunji found out that the fans' gifts were nothing compared to his.

 

He was getting out of line.

 

"Hyung, I think you're getting out of line," Jungkook commented when he noticed the latest present that he was wrapping up for Eunji.

 

"Go away," he muttered absently, too focused on his task to spare him a glance. The maknae rolled his eyes and left him to his own devices. It was impossible to reason with the guy once he got started, especially when it came to his crush slash obsession.

 

Really. His hyung has no shame whatsoever.

 

"It's funny, though," Taehyung would often say whenever he brought it up with him. Jungkook had to agree, it is funny...but he's sympathetic to Eunji-noona and the stress this must've brought her.

 

"When are going to give it to her?" Jungkook asked out of curiosity, on the night before White Day.

 

"I already did! It's going to be delivered." Came the cheerful reply, and the maknae had to shook his head at that. The crazy guy...it's so obvious that he likes her a lot, and was never shy in admitting it to s and even on camera, but he still couldn't find the guts to face her in person.

 

"I think it's a good thing you're not giving it to her in person." Namjoon said offhandedly as they were eating dinner on the floor in their practice room, "I don't know. I think you'll get punched or something."

 

"Why?! My gift isn't offensive, okay, if that's what you're thinking."

 

"It's still a little much, don't you think?" Jin spoke up this time, "I mean, you're not that close with her. I don't even see couples giving each other gifts like that."

 

"Would you guys stop worrying? I picked it out myself! I know for a fact that she'll like it. What girl wouldn't?"

 

 

"Oh, I hate you so much! I'm so jealous!" Bomi squealed excitedly when Eunji showed them the White Day gift she had received from BTS's Park Jimin.

 

"What's there to be jealous of?! This is your gift as much as it's mine!" She scowled and paced around the room in agitation. Once in a while she would glance at it, and wince.

 

"I can't believe he did this."

 

"I know." Naeun agreed quietly from the couch, still staring wide-eyed at it.

 

Eunji tugged on her hair in frustration, "I can't believe he got me a puppy! A real, actual, honest-to-god living breathing puppy!"

 

"I know!" Bomi shrieked gleefully, cooing at the tiny thing that came in a box littered with holes. The gift Eunji had actually gotten at first was a chew toy, wrapped in a pretty paper tied with a lovely bow. She had been confused with it at first, especially when the delivery man had specified the sender.

 

She wasn't surprised that she had gotten another gift from him, but why send her this? Is it suppose to be a fun joke? Eunji doesn't get it.

 

But then everything cleared up at around lunch time, when the second part of her gift arrived in front of their doorstep.

 

He got her a damn dog.

 

What. The. Hell.

 

Who does that?

 

"It's sweet!" Hayoung giggled, craddling the little puppy in her hands. The thing was so small, it couldn't possibly more than a few weeks old, at most. It's eyes were already open though, and it was looking and sniffing everywhere and everything with curiosity and wonder. It wasn't fussing around or making noise, calling for it's mother; in fact, the puppy was pretty well-behaved and accepting of the new people and environment.

 

Still, that doesn't make this entire situation okay.

 

"I think it's a little creepy," Chorong chirped in, and Eunji vehemently agreed.

 

"We're giving it back," she said firmly, once again playing the role of the disciplinarian. The younger members (and Bomi) whined and moaned and complained, but Eunji was deaf to them all.

 

"But you love dogs! And dogs love you! Come on, you can't send this little fella away," Bomi pouted, lifting the puppy up and practically shoving it under Eunji's nose.

 

"No! I know why you want to keep it, and honestly, I want to keep it too...but this is ridiculous! We don't have time to take care of a dog!"

 

"We can get a dog sitter!" Namjoo suggested, to the agreement of everyone else, even Chorong.

 

"I miss having a pet," the leader confessed, scratching the puppy's ears with a fingernail. "And if we go out for a few hours, we can just ask a neighbour to look after it."

 

Eunji groaned in defeat, knowing that with five against one, she had no chance of winning the argument.

 

"Fine! Whatever. Keep it. But it's as much as your responsiblity as it's mine, got it?"

 

"It is a she, and yeah, totally no problem!" Bomi was practically bouncing on the spot with unrepressed joy. She had gotten the gift that she's been wanting for a while now, even if it is technically Eunji's gift.

 

"We have a dog!" Hayoung cheered, and the others followed suit. All of them were now crowding around their new pet.

 

Eunji had to smile at their eagerness. Truthfully, she was pretty excited herself...but right now she was more concerned about something—or someone else.

 

Namely, one Park Jimin that had started this whole thing.

 

 

"So Jimin-ssi, a question for you now...who would you say matches your ideal type?"

 

"Hmm...probably someone like Apink's Jung Eunji-sunbaenim."

 

"Aigoo, what are you saying, Jiminie? Your ideal type is Eunji-sunbaenim!"

 

That had been the first 'confession'. Eunji didn't paid the interview much mind then because it wasn't the first time an idol had showed interest in her. He was just another fan of hers, that's all.

 

Only the whole thing didn't die down, but it just escalated from there.

 

Her name would pop out often now, and now everyone knew that he was Eunji's biggest fan, and she was his number one idol crush.

 

Eunji didn't realized all the times he had talked about his feelings for her in front of the camera...that he had been completely and utterly hopeful and earnest.

 

But she had been beginning to suspect it. The start of his little gifts for her was touching and very flattering, because they were always so well thought out and he never gives presents to anyone else but her. He rarely handed them to her in person though, and the few times he did...he couldn't look her in the eye and his face was as red as a tomato.

 

Eunji found it cute.

 

Until, of course, that fateful White Day.

 

Now, she was just confused. And a little bit nervous.

 

When Eunji would receive flowers, sometimes she would look up the meaning of the flowers for fun. Gardenias tells her she's lovely, Sunflowers symbolizes the adoration and dedication her fans had for her, and Tulips was basically a confession from a lovesick fan.

 

But what on earth does a puppy mean?

 

I find you adorable, and I will be as faithful and loyal to you as the puppy? Oh, how Eunji wished it wasn't true.

 

His feelings were scaring her, because it was so real.

 

Fortunately, it wasn't like Jung Eunji to run away in the face of fears; in fact, the next time she would see him, she would confront him face to face.

 

That time came sooner than she expected. And surprisingly, he was the one that had approached her.

 

"Hi, noona. Um...did you like your gift?" He was shuffling his feet and brushing a hand through his hair, a sign that he was bashful and more than a little nervous. Looking at him then, Eunji was charmed by his obvious sincerity, nearly forgetting why she had been annoyed at him in the first place.

 

And then she remembered the little puppy back at the dorm, probably sleeping on her bed and drooling all over her pillow. Not surprisingly, the puppy was immediately drawn to Eunji, taking a liking to her more than ay of the other members. It was like it could sense who the mother was around here, Bomi had joked dryly.

 

"It was really something," Eunji said honestly, "Definitely was a surprise. I never would have expected it..." But well, who would?

 

"I—yeah, um..." he looked visibly disheartened at her vague response. So did she like it? Hate it?! She was surprised, so was it a good surprise or a bad one? Oh...women and their mixed messages!

 

Eunji looked astonished at his distressed face, and couldn't help but chuckle a little. Should she torture him a bit more? He did deserve it for siccing a baby dog on her. Hmm...but then again, she knew that he really meant well in his own, unique way.

 

Okay, maybe she'll torture him just a little.

 

"The dog really gave us a few problems. There was a new 'no pets' policy set up at the apartment just a month ago. We have to hide it from the landlord now."

 

Poor Jimin looked absolutely thunderstruck.

 

"Really? I...I'm sorry! I didn't know! I'm so sorry for the trouble I caused, if you want I can take the puppy back--"

 

"What? You want me to return a gift?" She tried hard to force a frown on her face, when all Eunji wanted to do was smile sweetly and give him a big hug.

 

"No! I would never ask you—I mean, it was a gift! I brought speccially for you, but I guessed it didn't turned out the way I wanted..." Jimin looked at the ground dejectedly. Eunji looked at him curiously.

 

"How did you want it to turn out?"

 

To her facination, the pink flush on his cheeks deepened into a rosy red. She noticed the red was spreading to his ears too.

 

"Nothing. Nevermind, it was stupid," he muttered, and this time the guilt managed to find her. He sounded really upset, and Eunji felt like she had just kicked two puppies—the one he had gave her, and Jimin himself.

 

"No, tell me," she insisted, peering up at him and smiling encouragingly. He looked taken aback, but then swallowed visibly and nodded.

 

"I don't know if you know this...but..." he sighed deeply, and looked at her straight in the eyes. "I have felt this way for a long time now. The members make fun of me for it, but I've always known this was more than just a crush, so I wasn't that bothered. I don't care what they did think, or what other people think."

 

He looked so serious now, so unlike how he usually looks; playful and impish. Eunji found this change...exhilarating. And somewhat alluring.

 

"They can't read my heart, so they don't know how strong my feelings are. But they are strong, and it hurts if I keep them hidden. I had to act on it—I have to act on it, right now. So, what I'm actually trying to say is that...I like you, noona! I like you, a lot. Very much. This may sound like a line from a movie but...I think about you all the time. Everything reminds me of you; when I saw that puppy I fell in love with it and I knew I had to give it to you. Because I thought...if you couldn't love me, then..at least you could love the puppy."

 

It really felt like it could be a line in a drama, but Eunji knew by the emotions swimming in his eyes that he meant every word. Now that he had started talking, he couldn't seem to stop. Eunji on the other hand, was absolutely speechless. He was pouring his heart out for her, and she doesn't know what to do.

 

His heart is in my hands. I can choose to crush it, or...

 

She moved and gave him a hug. She had thought about hugging him for a long time now, whenever she received a gift or a compliment—she had a hundred hugs waiting to give him. Eunji felt like she could never let him go at this point...and surprsingly, she found out that she was okay with it.

 

"Silly," she mumbled into his shoulder. His hands were stiff at his sides, and Eunji huffed impatiently; she took his hands and placed them on her back by herself.

 

His hands were warm.

 

"I was joking. There is no pet policy. I like the puppy—actually we all do. She's cute," she grinned slightly, "But you're cuter though. I thought you were gonna cry for a second there."

 

She heard him splutter. His chest rumbled as he spoke, trying to give half-assed excuses but Eunji wasn't paying attention anyways.

 

"Oh, hush. I was joking. Again. Really, you're so easy to make fun of but then you have some killer puppy-dog eyes that makes people feel bad."

 

"Really?" His voice sounded hopeful. Eunji laughed out loud. Of course he would see that as a compliment.

 

"Oh yeah. I really dig guys with pretty eyes."

 

It took a second for him to register her words.

 

"Wait—you said...s-so, do you mean..." He was stuttering and getting tongue-tied again. Ugh, Park Jimin, you have to get yourself together...you shouldn't misunderstand her words, no matter how much you want it to be true.

 

Eunji knew what she had just said. And it wasn't a misunderstanding. It surprised Eunji herself when she looked inside herself and realized that yes, she actually do like Jimin—as a man. Even though he acts like a puppy dog for half the time, she could see herself...dating him. She wouldn't mind more hugs like these. She wouldn't mind receiving more of his eccentric and beautiful gifts. She wouldn't mind holding him, touching him, feeling him...tasting him--

 

Eunji blushed hard at the thoughts that came to her. No, she wouldn't mind kissing him at all.

 

"I like you, too." She whispered into his ear, and she felt goosebumps rising up on his skin.

 

"Th-that's...great...amazing, wow. I just--"

 

She pecked him on the cheek, sufficiently silencing him. Finally, she released him from the hug, and he drew away from her reluctantly.

 

"Let's just see how this goes, okay?" She smiled up at him.

 

Jimin was more than happy to agree, "Alright. But I warn you, you can't shake me off that easily."

 

Eunji smirked, "I can guess."

 

He wiped the smirk right off her face when he leaned forward and kissed her...directly at the corner of . The spot where his lips met her skin left a pleasant tingle that made her embarassed.

 

"Silly." And she pounced on him and gave him a proper kiss, one that she made sure he would never forget.

 

He was left standing there as still as a statue, shocked but very, very appreciative of the assault on his person. Eunji grinned and said casually, "I think this relationship is already going rather well, don't you think?"

 

He nodded, wide-eyed.

 

"Oh and by the way," she started teasingly, "you're not getting the puppy back."

 

That seemed to shook him out of his frozen state. Jimin blinked a few times, gaping at her wordlessly before a wide smile appeared. Without warning, he reached out and tugged her close to him.

 

He breathed in deeply; she smelt addicting—her hair like fresh green apples and her skin like sweet vanilla. "That's okay, you can keep her."

 

"I have you now, anyways."

 

 

A/N: V is still my favorite BTS member, but I've grown to like Jimin too. I didn't realized he was from Busan until after this fic is written. Damn those Busan idols always capturing my heart with their magnetic charm. ㅠㅠ