Final

The Weight of Love

Taemin was really hungry. He didn't eat properly since this morning, and here he was cooking meat for dinner. He tried not to drool when he saw thinly sliced beef sauteed with various spices and repeatedly swallowed his saliva as he catched the aroma of it. He cursed himself, why must he cook his favorite food when he was on a diet?

Yes, that jet-black haired boy was on a diet, more precisely since a week ago he reduced his meal portions, ate more fruit and less sweets, calculated calories, et cetera. On the sixth day he became frustrated by his unchanging weight, then he was getting extreme with only ate one time a day. Why was he like this? Yet anyone who saw Taemin would have thought that he was too skinny.

It's all because of Kim Jongin.

Taemin looked at the clock. Jongin would be back soon, he better finish his food quickly. Taemin moved the cooked meats to a large plate and arrange them neatly. His stomach rumbled, demanding for the juicy food, but he ignored it. Just as he finished sprinkling sesame on top of it, Jongin opened the door with a bright smile across his face. "I'm home baby!"

"Welcome home Jongininie!" Taemin said, hugging Jongin and kissing his cheek.

Jongin hugged back and ruffled Taemin's hair. "See what I brought?" He lifted one of his arms which carrying a plastic bag.

Taemin had fixed his hair before smiled happily. Inside it was a medium-sized cake box from his favorite store. His smile immediately disappeard as he remembered his diet. He wanted to refuse, but looking at Jongin's face... he didn't have the heart to disappoint him. So he took it and thanked him in a sweet way.

Jongin kissed the top of Taemin's head, sniffling a little at the aroma that wafted from it. "Hmm.. it smells so good, what do you cook?"

"Bulgogi~"

Jongin's bright smile came again. Indeed, in addition to chicken, beef is also one of his favorite foods. He immediately walked into the dining room and looked at the meat with sparkling eyes.

"Wash your hands first!" Taemin reminded him as he freed the cake box from the bag and put it in the fridge. He didn't dare to peek inside in case he tempted to devour that sweet baked thing and fail his diet.

"Be patient my stomach.. we'll eat it someday.. ahh ah.." Taemin clutched his stomach, now it gave him a sharp pain. He felt like his stomach pierced by thousands of needles, it's really uncomfortable. As if not enough, he began to feel the needles attacked his head. He can't bear it. Maybe sleep can help him to forget the pain. He was about to walk to the second floor when Jongin called him.

"Hey where are you going?" Asked Jongin who had his hands washed and ready to eat the meat.

"Upstairs." Taemin replied, trying to hide his pain. Luckily, Jongin didn't realize it, either because he was too tired and hungry or Taemin was a really good actor.

"Have you eat?" Jongin was astonished. It's not his fault, they always have dinner together. Taemin never left him, except when Jongin called because he had to work overtime sometimes.

"I'm not hungry..." At that moment Taemin's stomach rumbled loudly. Seems like it didn't want to cooperate with him. Taemin looked down with flushed face, his hands moving to cover his stomach. Jongin grinned while approaching Taemin. He held the elder's chin and lifted his face to look at him clearly, his other hand wrapped around Taemin's waist. He leaned in and spoke softly.

"Why did you lie?"

Taemin flushed harder than ever, Although he had long lived with Jongin he had not yet become accustomed if he were treated like that. His head ached looking at Jongin's handsome face so close. Not only needles, now he felt butterflies in his empty stomach. And Taemin couldn't stand it anymore.

"I-I'm going to our room!" Taemin escaped from Jongin's grip and ran up the stairs. At the eleventh steps, he suddenly felt his stomach really ached. Taemin stopped, tightly clutching his stomach. It hurts, plus the pain in his head made him dizzy, the room was swaying and spinning around. He heard Jongin's worried voice asking if he's okay. He didn't have time to answer, because everything went black.

 

~~~~~~

 

Taemin woke up and found himself lying in a very broad meadow. He sat up, blinked and rubbed his eyes to make sure his eyesight was not wrong. The meadow was covered with colorful flowers, butterflies drifted by adding more colors, and birds were singing delightfully. Not far away there was a forest with trees covered with various kinds of fruit. A very beautiful place, making Taemin want to enjoy it. When he got up and about to play with a rabbit nearby, his stomach rumbled loudly again.

"I'm hungry.." He whined.

Suddenly he smelled delicious from the forest. Curious, he entered the forest and walked toward the direction of the delicious smell. Like a dream he saw a house of cake, the roof is made of tarts, the door of chocolate, and the wall of biscuits. Not far from the house, he saw a small stream of banana milk.

"Is this for real?" Taemin plucked a biscuit from the wall and eat it. His eyes dilated in surprised because it's not only delicious biscuits but VERY delicious. The hell with his diet, he began to gnawed at the house's wall.

"Who is gnawing my house?" Taemin froze at the low voice that sound really cold. He peeped through the hole he made and saw a tan young man was stirring something in a very large pot.

"Jonginnie!" Taemin called, happy to see his husband.

"You look delicious." Suddenly Jongin already behind him. Taemin turned and found Jongin's handsome face very close to him with a dark smile. "As a punishment for eating my house, I'm gonna eat you!" He catched Taemin and carried him into the house.

Taemin's face paled. "Eh? Uh ... Jongin?"

Jongin laughed aloud. "You're fat enough to fill my stomach!" And he was about to put Taemin into that ridiculous large pot.

"Don't...! Nooooo! I'M NOT FAT!!"

"Taemin-ah!"

Taemin opened his eyes. This time he found himself on top of his shared bed with Jongin with the said name was next to him.

"Taemin! Baby, are you okay?" Asked Jongin, Taemin can heard from the sound of his voice that he was very worried. Taemin looked at the younger then sighed in relief. Thank God it was only a dream, he smiled and wrapped his arms around Jongin's neck.

"You had a bad dream?" Jongin patted Taemin's head. "And why did you fell down the stairs? Fortunately I can catch you."

Taemin froze. It seemed foolish if he tell the truth that he fainted due to a diet, also Jongin will surely scold him. Taemin slowly lowered his arm. He looked into Jongin's gentle but demanding answers eyes, it seems he couldn't lie.

"I..." he began. "I-I was on a diet ..."

"Diet?" Jongin was dumbfounded. "Why? You're this skinny." He fumbled Taemin's body which, indeed, skinny. Too skinny instead.

"What did you say?!" Taemin's tone rising in anger, he shook off Jongin's hands. "Don't tell me you've forgotten, You're the one who called me fat! "

"Me? When?" Jongin just asked dumbly.

Taemin became very upset. Jongin didn't remember? Yet because of him Taemin should think twice just to eat and didn't drink banana milk which was his daily beverage. "Last week when you get home!" He said curtly.

Jongin tried to recall, but he only remembered that he had just worked and went straight home to quickly meet Taemin because he already miss him so much. A week ago... If he was not mistaken his company had gotten a big advantage and they celebrated it with drinks... and it just clicked some sense in Jongin's head.

"Kim Taemin... I was drunk! Of course I don't remember! You know that drunk people aren't in full consciousness. Moreover, you shouldn't have to think about what I had said! "

"I tried to! Even so i can't get your words out of my head! I love you, idiot, I wanna be perfect for you!"

Jongin was silent. He saw Taemin's face flushed and panted because of the screaming. So cute, he smiled and pulled him into a hug.

"Idiot. You're too perfect for me." Taemin squirmed but Jongin held him tighter. "I'm sorry. This is my fault. I love you too." Jongin pulled away to kiss his lips gently. Just like that Taemin had forgiven Jongin, he closed his eyes and kissed back. Jongin deepened the kiss, his hand slipped into Taemin's shirt and...

KRUUUKKK

Taemin's stomach rumbled, again, much louder than before.. Jongin laugh loudly. Taemin blushed, he hit Jongin's arm embrassedly. "Let's fill your stomach first." Jongin lifted Taemin and carried him bridal style into the dining room.

"See? You're this light, you don't eat properly, do you?" Jongin pouted. Taemin just giggled and kissed the pout away.

"By the way, earlier I dreamt of waking up in a forest." Taemin said suddenly, as if he just remembered his strange dream. "I'm very hungry, but not for long I found a house of cake."

"Like in a fairy tale." Jongin commented.

"Hmm, I immediately gnawed on the wall until I can see you inside the house."

"Me?"

"Yes. You're stirring something in a reaaaally big pot!"

"What?! So I'm the wicked witch?"

"Yup~ then you caught me and tried to eat me." Taemin put his arms around Jongin's his neck. It seems it has becoming his habit.

Jongin smirked. "I really want to 'eat you' after you eat."

 

And Taemin's face flushed again.