double b - bros day

iKON Fic Dump

so my friend and i have this theory that every bro meme on tumblr is actually talking about double b. so... here's this crap LOL 

[what is black day?]

As much as Hanbin jokes about being eternally single, it really does bother him.

He knows he hasn’t exactly helped the problem – being an idol trainee kind of puts a damper on the whole going out and dating thing, even if he is technically surrounded by beautiful and talented people all day. Not only does he train primarily with the male trainees who’re sweating and generally gross at most hours of the day, he’s usually so drop-dead tired that even if he could hang out with girls, he’d definitely prefer to take a nap.

(And by nap, he means sprawl out all over his bed with his mouth half open and snore, not ‘nap.’)

Because of this, he’s never really figured out how to interact with girls, either. He knows most of them don’t react the same way boys do – can’t jump on them in greeting or make fun of everything they do, not like the way he can with his trainee group.

They make fun of him, Bobby especially (“Bobby, you only dated once!” “It’s one more time than you! And hey, I really did like her!”), but they don’t have much to stand on either. None of the younger members have any experience at all, and the older members’ experiences are pretty negligible.

That doesn’t stop him from mentioning his forever-alone status every chance he gets. Honestly, he’s not sure why he does it, since Yunhyeong keeps telling him it makes him reek of desperation and he still doesn’t hang out with any girls anyways, but still.

He gets especially bitter when it comes to holidays.

Holidays are couple days, as he’s constantly reminded while walking down the streets near Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and White Day, face covered by a scarf or mask and a sigh on his lips as he watches couple after couple pass him by.

His hand clenches around empty air – a constant reminder that he’s on the streets alone again.

“Hey, you’ve got me, don’t you?” Bobby always tell him, whenever Hanbin voices his concerns, but it’s not the same. It’s almost the same, but it’s not exactly what he wants most of all.

Romance.

*

It’s become a tradition of sorts to spend couple holidays (well, most holidays, really) with Bobby.

Hanbin’s not really sure how it happened, but after a few Christmases spent with a clingy, homesick boy, it just sort of grows on you.

Hanbin’s favorite is Black Day, because he gets an honest-to-god excuse to whine about being a loner.

(“Then what’s your excuse the other 364 days of the year?” Junhoe asks, body draped around Jinhwan.

Hanbin tells him to run through the choreo by himself twice; Jinhwan sighs.)

“Hey, Hanbin,” Bobby calls, voice echoing down the hall as Hanbin hears Bobby kick the door shut, “I got the goods!”

He walks to the kitchen, where Hanbin’s been waiting. He helps Bobby lift out two bowls of jajangmyeon from the plastic takeout bag, the scent of black bean sauce like heaven to his nose after one too many days of chicken and vegetables.

“To single life,” Hanbin says, and Bobby echoes, before mixing the noodles and sauce together.

They eat in silence for a bit until Bobby bites off his noodles, leans back, and sighs.

“Y’know, Hanbin-ah, we .”

“Hm?”

“Here we are, two of the most wanted young men in South Korea—”

“Stop talking about yourself,” Hanbin says, wiping sauce off his lips. He knows full well that Bobby’s the more popular one between the two.

“Shut up, hyung’s talking,” Bobby teases, shaking a disapproving finger in Hanbin’s face. Hanbin rolls his eyes. “Anyways, here we are, dateless and alone.”

“It’s not like there aren’t a ton of girls out there that want our ,” Hanbin says drily, propping up his chin in his hand, “but like… that’s kinda weird, isn’t it?”

Bobby laughs. “Doesn’t it come with the territory? At least you might be able to find someone now.”

“Shut up,” Hanbin huffs. He is perfectly capable of finding someone on his own, thank you very much.

“Anyways! This is not all about you, Hanbin.” Bobby takes off his snapback, flattening his bangs beneath it again. “But I just want you to know that I love you, bro.”

“I know you love me,” Hanbin laughs, kicking Bobby under the table. “You tell me that like, once a week. Once a day, maybe.”

“No, like love love.”

Well, this is new.

Bobby’s giving him those earnest puppy eyes, like he expects Hanbin to do something. He probably does expect Hanbin to do something, only Hanbin has no idea what to do and Bobby’s sort of awkwardly leaning in and wow why are his eyes starting to close—

A sudden snort triggers Hanbin to freeze, eyes wide again as he peers up at the source of the noise.

“ing losers,” Junhoe mutters as he opens the fridge, shaking his head.

“Hey!” Bobby protests, sitting back up straight, “don’t think I didn’t see you making out with Jinhwan half an hour ago!”

Junhoe gives him the finger as he pulls out a bottle of soda, rolling his eyes and returning to the living room, where he’s watching a movie with Jinhwan—oh.

“They—what?” Hanbin chokes, and Bobby shrugs, stirring his noodles blithely.

“You didn’t know? Hanbin-ah, you’re so dense,” Bobby sighs, plucking a radish slice out of the plastic tub, “why else do you think they’ve always got their hands on each other?”

“Well, I,” Hanbin sputters. Moments flash through his mind like some sort of expedited slideshow, and it all makes so much sense, now that he looks back at it, since Junhoe is not by nature a touchy person and Jinhwan lets him get away with far too much.

Then he thinks to the number of times Bobby’s touched him, how many times he thought it was casual, but maybe it wasn’t, and now is he overthinking things he probably is because Bobby touches everyone except Junhoe—

“,” Bobby says, and it’s almost affectionate, as he leans in toward Hanbin again.

lmao this is short and lame af